Anivia appreciation thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draykeh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

I love playing Anivia.

Now I've had her before she was on the free rotation, and now with her free I'm (surprise) not raging, but pleased. Seeing other people enjoy Anivia and her versatility even though they can't afford her is nice. Yes it's occasionally bothersome when I let them pick her only to see them do badly, yet she's such a fun character.

Anyone else love Anivia?

HeLawlsAtYouSon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Yup, bought her with ip a while ago, and while it was hard, it was definitely worth it. Favorite character of all time. Wall, stun, aoe, and eggs win games.

She's my main now.

dovvntempo

02-04-2010

one of my favorites. I play bursters like anivia, kassadin, and nidalee (recently) and I have to say that she has more burst, and every one of her skills are amazing. A low cooldown stunning nuke with amazing range. Yes, you read that right... a wall that has amazing team fight potential, or helps with escape. An AOE slow that does great damage? And a nuke. Oh and her passive makes her a tank. Or incredible bait. oh and she gets vision in brush because of wall.

What is not to love about anivia? You put in a little effort to learn a champion who honestly isn't that hard and you get a champion with incredible burst damage and AOE CC in 3 different flavors.

holistic

02-04-2010

I absolutely love this bird

CandyJames

02-04-2010

Indeed, at first i was a little doubtful when I saw the hard on this character. But, I love the bird, shes amazing the ice ball with frost bite is such a powerful combo, that can take out most characters.

Extraxi

02-04-2010

Anivia has been my main practically since I started playing LoL back in (European) beta. She has incredible burst potential, and nearly everything she does CC's her opponents in some way. Stacking AP runes also means I can first-blood at level 3 in almost every game.

She's also stable, too. Hasn't been patched very often, so I have really had time to learn her strategies for what they are and apply them in practice.

People ask how often I play as her in-game, and when I answer, they reply, "No wonder lol." :P

dovvntempo

02-04-2010

lol i met someone else who said they play nothing but her. Btw Extraxi, are your runes ALL ap? Or is it flat ap in blues and yellow and the magic pen in red?

Extraxi

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovvntempo View Post
lol i met someone else who said they play nothing but her. Btw Extraxi, are your runes ALL ap? Or is it flat ap in blues and yellow and the magic pen in red?
Yeah, what you said. Quints, Blues and Yellows are flat AP, and Reds are Magic Pen.

FF + FB will knock off half a squishy's HP earlygame. It's so amazing.

giguelingueling

02-04-2010

and what about rune that give you more ap the highter level you are ?

Because i am still building my rune book for anivia, and i was wondering if flat ap rune where better then lvl ap rune ?

Extraxi

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by giguelingueling View Post
and what about rune that give you more ap the highter level you are ?

Because i am still building my rune book for anivia, and i was wondering if flat ap rune where better then lvl ap rune ?
Those are useful too. My runepage is centered around as much earlygame strength as possible. Having 20+ AP and 8+ Magic Pen. (I'm not level 30 and don't have my runes maxed out yet.) at levels 1-5 makes a huge difference.

With my current item build, I will usually have 300 AP minimum in the later phases of the game, and it tops out near 700 if the game lasts really long. Because of this, I feel that AP/level runes wouldn't make a huge difference.

But, it's not unheard of to go, say, Reds as Magic Pen., Yellows and Quints as Flat AP, and Blues as AP/level. You don't sacrifice much initial AP as opposed to the all-flat-AP build, and you get a good balance of inherent AP in higher levels.