HP or Armor runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reinhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

So my recent new favorite hero is Malph. I'm currently level 14 and a half and I'm saving up my IP to try to fill up as much of my page as I can by the time I hit 20. Is it better to get HP runes? Armor? a mix?

I like the fact that armor boosts his ground slam (or w/e the name of that skill is) damage and I normally do pump armor with items at the start and then shift towards HP a bit later in game. Obviously, I can see the benefits of going HP as that sort of increases the time I last no matter if I'm going up against melee or magic.

Anyone have any compelling arguments to go one way instead of another?

Poulpe

03-03-2011

Depends how you play him, I think.

Personally, I max e first with a point in q and w early, and e scales off of armor like nobody's business. However his rock shield scales off of HP. The way I play him you need both at the end of the day.

Don't underestimate the effectiveness of HP on him; the temporary shield he gets every 8 seconds is actually a big deal.

IRuleAll

03-03-2011

HP quints, Flat armor yellows, and Flat MR blues is pretty good starting rune page. This way, you can use your runes on other champs besides malph, as they are quite versatile and work well on any champ.

CounterCraft

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

Armor runes are cheaper and more effective vs physical.

Amythist

03-03-2011

flat armor yellows are pretty much standard for most junglers so those wouldn't be a bad purchase, as well as flat HP quints, just being all around useful, blues for malph I generally run MR/level

BradenHoltby70

01-08-2013

i would say stack armor. i'd say this because if you think about it deeply you'll see that a ful rune page is only like what, 200 hp? 200 hp is nothing really, except for a lvl 1-3 advantage. thats basically it. armor however, if you go top lane your e with deal tons of damage, your w will increase armor even more, and you'll be able to take more hits and prevent more damage being taken than taking all the damage head on with hp runes

Delimon

01-08-2013

hp can deal with both magic and physical damage but is easier to get in-game while armor and mr runes are more specifically tailored to reduce physical or magical damage. Armor and mr runes will reduced more damage than buying hp and having an enemy maybe attack you with one more auto attack rather than reducing his damage so that it might take 2 or 3 more.