Rez timers too short now in early game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krosan

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidem1324 View Post
Blue Pill = 5-6 seconds
Death = 12 seconds.
Don't forget to take into account healing time of a few seconds, though in fairness that does happen while you shop, too.

Rawbbeh

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosan View Post
Don't forget to take into account healing time of a few seconds, though in fairness that does happen while you shop, too.
I was considering the "shop while you blue pill" so as soon as you appear you have already Queued up your purchase...

but if your purchase involves several items, such as a Ruby Crystal, a pair of boots, and a couple of HP pots...then there's more time youre tacking on.

Remind you, the enemy champion has 12 seconds of black and white screen to do all their shopping...

I think with a 20 second respawn timer, this gives you enough time to kill a couple of minions to secure your turret, go B, shop, and make it back to the lane roughly the same time as the enemy champ while still keeping your newly gained victory bounty (exp and money lead) without it being too detrimental to the opposing enemy where they can't really catch up cause you're so far ahead.

I spose people who don't understand this issue dont solo mid?

JOHNNY SUPERNOVA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

If you clear your minions, recall, get items, and go back up Ashe STILL wont have enough time to even out the lead you have over her. She'll be in lane by the time you get back, but she still wont be close to equal with your lead.

The lower respawn timer is aimed at the other lanes, though. It might be too short for mid, but it's perfect for top and bottom. The old system had you out for way too long if you died.

xNECROx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

I personally find it too short.

Rawbbeh

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY SUPERNOVA View Post
If you clear your minions, recall, get items, and go back up Ashe STILL wont have enough time to even out the lead you have over her. She'll be in lane by the time you get back, but she still wont be close to equal with your lead.

The lower respawn timer is aimed at the other lanes, though. It might be too short for mid, but it's perfect for top and bottom. The old system had you out for way too long if you died.
It just depends on the situation. Especially if they have teleport. But then again, they CHOSE to take TP and in that case, they are entitled to reaping benefits from making it back in the lane super quick while you're walking your butt back to the turret cause you went to shop.

Yes, the lower respawn really helps the lower lanes. I've noticed the laning phase lasts longer now as its turrets are harder to harass (unless you kill both champs in that lane) and kills dont create such a huge EXP difference since the walk back to the bottom lanes is longer than going mid.

Kasai

03-03-2011

I believe that it is a little too short in the early mid game. My team was winning 11-2 around level 8 and we were unable to push more than one tower after an ace.

We were winning the entire game, but were never able to make a long, sustained push until the death timers got to around 20-25 seconds because full health enemies kept returning to the fight to defend.

Rawbbeh

03-03-2011

Bump for great justice.

purkel

03-03-2011

I HATE the new rez timers.

The game just turns into a stalemate where each side cant push any towers until 30-40 minutes.

You get a kill in your lane, go back to push the creeps and by the time you reach the enemy tower, the guy is back already.

So dumb.

Rawbbeh

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by purkel View Post
I HATE the new rez timers.

The game just turns into a stalemate where each side cant push any towers until 30-40 minutes.

You get a kill in your lane, go back to push the creeps and by the time you reach the enemy tower, the guy is back already.

So dumb.
More or less exactly what I was saying. I dont HATE it...but I dont think it accomplishes what RIOT was hoping it would do. They nerfed it more than 50% of the rez time...You cant get anything accomplished before they are back up to full strength.

Yes. The game appears to have turned into a turtle game, even with ganking, until 30-40 minutes. Its around this time that rez timers are getting long enough and team fights are happening where the victors can actually do something with a team fight victory.

The one guy left standing to defend his/her turret doesn't have to sit around nearly as long until his reinforcements have arrived than they did before.

GiPi

03-03-2011

True story, the tiemr is too short now, i think something like 15-17 sec minimun will eb perfect.