Rez timers too short now in early game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rawbbeh

03-03-2011

With the most recent changes to turrets, minions, and rez timers. I'm finding that I'm liking a majority of the changes except for the rez timers. I feel that the timer was shortened too much.

Say I'm playing Akali middle. I hit level six, I kill the enemy Ashe in the middle lane because she is an auto-attacking biatch who kept me plastered to my turret. Now, I really have 1 of a few choices

- I can blue pill right away and let the minions that have been pushed into my turret beat on my turret doing their increased damage and taking a noticeable amount by the time I get back. In this case, I can shop, heal up, and make it back to the middle lane right about the same time as the enemy Ashe.

- or - I can kill the minions right at the turret to get them out of threat range and then blue pill, shop, heal, etc and make it back to the lane shortly after Ashe has already respawned and pushed the tower again and even scored a few hits on it. (Mind you, she has now been in the lane solo without opposition and therefore gaining EXP when you were not...your EXP lead over her is now moot because she just now got it back farming minions)

- or - I can choose NOT to go blue pill at all. Chug an HP pot if I have one left. Get some extra exp and money and then find myself either getting killed when Ashe gets back, or, pushed back off turret and normal laning resumes....however undergeared now because Ashe had time to shop whereas I didn't. This in return means if you blue pill to shop after she gets back this leads back to Ashe being in the solo lane getting EXP, catching up, and maybe even pushing your tower/doing damage to it.

Of course other factors come in to play. Jungler's can cover a lane for you while you shop...but that means they aren't doing their job (ganking).

Also, this represents a scenario where the middle player who is NOT pushy, is up against an enemy champion who is very pushy. (like Malzahar, Anivia, TF, Teemo etc)

Either way, I think that instead of 12 seconds being the minimum rez timer is too short to allow the "winner" in this case to really gain a tactical advantage. I did however believe that that 28 second timer was too long and allowed the "winner" time to push the lane, getting exp and added money, shop, and make it back to the lane before or at the same time as the killed champion. This was providing TOO much of a "winners bounty"

I think that if Riot split the difference with the rez timers, and made the minimum rez timer 20 seconds, this would provide the "winner" ample time to secure his lane (protecting his turret) time to shop and heal and make it back to the lane in due time to continue the match without gaining too much or even losing the benefits from his kill/victory in the middle.

The shortened Rez timer I am also finding in that gray area between the Laning Phase and Mid game is making the game slightly longer. In this part of the game, after a turret or two have been taken down. It is still very easy for one champion to defend a turret from 2 or 3 enemy champions. This makes pushing that turret difficult after a team victory where you've killed a number of the enemy team. By the time you kill the minions to push up to their turret where the one enemy teammate is defending the turret from the push, he needs only to kill off the minions in that wave thus thwarting your push on the turret which gives the enemy team enough time to respawn and reinforce. This area of the game has become very slow until finally champions have farmed enough money/kills to go in and start tower diving once the rez timer FINALLY gets long enough for anything to be done.

TLDR: Minimum Rez timer is too short and prevents a champion who scored a kill ample time to secure their lane and replenish supplies without losing their exp/money advantage from their kill.

NerdyDan

03-03-2011

the kill already puts you ahead, i dont see how you are losing anything

Rawbbeh

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyDan View Post
the kill already puts you ahead, i dont see how you are losing anything
Yes, the kill puts you ahead. But if you decide to blue pill to spend your money, or as I said in any of the other options, you can quickly lose what you just gained.

Infact. I have killed said enemy Ashe (or other pushy champion in the mid lane) pushed the lane, blue pilled, walked back and found that I was now being out leveled by the enemy I just killed! That's rediculous.

roreo

03-03-2011

Not sure if this patch killed my elo but ive been getting paired with non level 30's... and i almost feel bad because i can kill them so much more often now :/

ShrikeTheAvatar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

I feel like you're overestimating the amount of time it will take for you to kill the minions at the tower. This seems like it would only take a few seconds before you can blue pill. Queue up what you're going to buy while you recall and you should be back in no time.

St4ticFir3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

It changes a lot about how you play the game but I don't know that it's necessarily a bad thing yet...neither do you tbh. It's only been out for a few days.

Mirror

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawbbeh View Post
Yes, the kill puts you ahead. But if you decide to blue pill to spend your money, or as I said in any of the other options, you can quickly lose what you just gained.
You're 300 gold and 1 kill's experience ahead of your opponent. It takes a lot more than 8 seconds of channelling a teleport (which is still less than their rez timer) to put you back on equal footing.

Now, if they took Teleport and you didn't, well, you wouldn't complain about someone else being a better jungler when they took Smite and you didn't.

xdzy

03-03-2011

My teamate dies in lane with me, as soon as he died I recalled because our wave was pushed. When I got back to the base, he was already ahead of me running to the lane..... -.-

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

03-03-2011

Not sure why it's taking you longer to get back to the lane than a champion you just killed.

Blue Pill = 5-6 seconds
Death = 12 seconds.

You should be getting back before the other person. If your staying b/c there are minions pushing, then great, free gold and exp.

Is it less then an advantage to kill an enemy then before? Sure. But killing another champion was already a huge advantage. I like it when games gives the opportunity for comebacks and back and forth actions.

Rawbbeh

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidem1324 View Post
Not sure why it's taking you longer to get back to the lane than a champion you just killed.

Blue Pill = 5-6 seconds
Death = 12 seconds.

You should be getting back before the other person.

Wow...you have no room to talk. Blue pill is 8 seconds. Factor in the couple of seconds it takes for you to get to a safe spot to blue pill (granted you blue pill after killing the enemy without spending time to push the lane) you're already up to 12 seconds getting back to your turret to blue pill...which by the time you make it to your base, they are respawning. Give yourself a few seconds to heal up what damage you may have lost and head back out.

Now that wave you didnt push at all is still beating on your turret and now its taken a fair amount of damage and the enemy ashe is a few seconds ahead of you...by the time you make it back, she's been able to score a few hits on your turret further adding to the damage the minions already did.

So you got a kill....but now your turret is 1/3 dead. (of course granted noone covered your lane while you were gone and all those extraneous things)