[Suggestion] Re-worked gold rewards for kills/ assists

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DogofWar1

03-03-2011

Riot,

Let me start by saying that this isn't about kill stealing. Personally I'm of the mind that if they end up dead, that's great. I honestly wouldn't care if I went 0/10/30, because it means I'm helping my team get a lot more kills than I'm adding in deaths.

However, I feel that all too often, my and others' hard work to kill enemy champions is not justly rewarded. Quite often I play Malzahar and Mordekaiser, two champions who do a lot of DOTS and can rack up a lot of assists in matches where your allies are quick to jump in for last hits.

What I propose is that gold be granted based upon the amount of damage one does to an enemy, and that some differentiation be made between "hard" and "soft" assists and "hard" and "soft" kills.

One potential way this could work would be to do away with the assist gold pool, but to split up gold in such a manner:

Assist:
10%-30% damage (soft assist) (this area would be used for non-damage abilities like fear): granted 30% of bounty
31%-60% damage (tough assist): granted 50% of bounty
61%-90% damage (hard assist): granted 80% of bounty
91%-99% damage (kill assist): granted 100% of bounty

Kills:
1%-20% damage (soft kill): granted 40% of bounty (or 30% +50 gold for last hit)
21%-50% (kill): granted 75% of bounty (or 65% + 50 gold for last hit)
51%-100% (hard kill): granted 100% of bounty

Kill Streak Ending bonuses Assist:
10%-30% damage (soft assist) (this area would be used for non-damage abilities like fear): granted 25% of Kill Streak bounty
31%-60% damage (tough assist): granted 40% of Kill Streak bounty
61%-90% damage (hard assist): granted 70% of Kill Streak bounty
91%-99% damage (kill assist): granted 90% of Kill Streak bounty

Kill Streak Ending bonuses Kills:
1%-20% damage (soft kill): granted 40% of Kill Streak bounty (or 30% +50 gold for last hit)
21%-50% (kill): granted 75% of kill streak bounty (or 65% + 100 gold for last hit)
51%-100% (hard kill): granted 100% of kill streak bounty

I feel like this kind of system would foster a better teamwork attitude, since the heavy emphasis on getting last hits is reduced. Under this style of system one receives gold based on their direct contribution to battle which is far more fair to players that get hard assists.

After all, if I get my "W," "E," "R" combo off on somebody at full health as Malzahar, and would kill them but two other guys get hits in and one of them snags the last hit, it kind of sucks that I'm only pulling in 35% of the bounty when I probably did 90%+ of the damage.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

showerhead

03-04-2011

Good point +1. You might also want to factor in healers into this. Even though they don't do a lot of damage they do help and it wouldn't be far not to reward them.

Another point to make while talking about gold rewards for killing things, Riot should also really look into changing amounts for certain minion kills. Like Super Minions grant the same amount as a regular minion, which doesn't seem right. Tank Minions do as well... I think... Same for some of the Jungle creeps. It would be nice to get a little bit more when killing these as they are a bit tougher to kill.