Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] HoN players guide to LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

Recruiter

02-04-2010

Staking a post in the troll thread.

DelishusWeenie

Recruiter

02-04-2010

Quote:
loltastic:
Actually HoN looks like it will only allow 1 account creation per cd key. I'm guessing you've never played it so you wouldn't know, but you need to send yourself a beta invite to create a smurf account. I ran out of beta account invites :\

So far I'm level 16 in LoL, I've played around 100 games. I think that it will probably take another 200 to get up to 30, am I right? In HoN you are on an equal footing with your opponents every single game you play.

*PFTTT....100 game in HoN and you already barking here.....zzzzz kidsz play more before you start comparing owh this game rawkz this game suck....*sigh i myself have played 400++ game in HoN and i get used to LoL learn 2 adapt newb and learn 2 play....

VortexMagus

02-04-2010

Funny story, everything original poster threw out is something I've noticed too, having played both HoN and LoL.

That doesn't stop it from being at troll. Its just funny that one of the things that makes the entire litany so insulting is that most of the issues thrown out have a lot of truth in them. If he was just spouting nonsense, it wouldn't be nearly as insulting~

Quote:
loltastic:

Don't try to put wards on top of terrain to give ownage vision, it doesn't work. Apparently the hills are filled with giant termites that instantly devour all wards.

rofl

HoN has a lot of problems too, no denying it. But really, before you get me started on how lame some parts of HoN are, someone fix the god**** memory leaks, login issues, and random ****ing crashes in your client (its been noticeably worse in the last few days)

ZenithZephyr

02-04-2010

Quote:
Scruttocks:
In all seriousness, the rune system is terrible. It would be far simpler if you could use any rank 2 runes you want for free, the only ip cost is to get the rank 3 ones.

Or even paying directly to upgrade rank 1 -> 2 -> 3 so you don't have to worry about wasting ip on lower level runes; the transmute system is garbage.

The way the levelling speed and ip gain is structured discourages you from getting any runes until level 20, all the while you're at a significant disadvantage.

Agree.

I was thankfully level 20 before runes were re-released, but I would advise every new player not to buy a single level 1 or 2 rune.