How do you get out of a Losing Streak?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyrfang

01-29-2010

I know I'll probably open myself up to a lot of scrutiny for posting this, but, a while ago, I used to be playing top 500-ish players.

I doubt I was Top 500 and I don't personally think I fall into that category at the moment, but I've had a string of losses that dropped me far enough that I haven't seen the same players I used to play frequently with.

At the moment I'm in a pit where people don't know how to itemize anymore (I just played a game that had a Trist with 3 Avarice blades and went 1/9, and then blamed mid for feeding who had the best score, albeit was Heimer...)

Any tips on what to do to get out of these losing streaks?

Debris

01-29-2010

I had a 7-loss streak once and the only real piece of advice I can give is to grab your best hero and man up.

Also queuing with a friend always helps.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrfang View Post
I know I'll probably open myself up to a lot of scrutiny for posting this, but, a while ago, I used to be playing top 500-ish players.

I doubt I was Top 500 and I don't personally think I fall into that category at the moment, but I've had a string of losses that dropped me far enough that I haven't seen the same players I used to play frequently with.

At the moment I'm in a pit where people don't know how to itemize anymore (I just played a game that had a Trist with 3 Avarice blades and went 1/9, and then blamed mid for feeding who had the best score, albeit was Heimer...)

Any tips on what to do to get out of these losing streaks?
First, never let Heimer solo mid. Other characters benefit so much more. If a Heimer insists on soloing mid, he's a nub and you're probably better off dodging his as$.

Team composition is also important. Make sure you have a team that is at least capable of pushing towers. I always like to have a tank, a mage, at least 2 characters with good CC, and a dps/carry type. Ranged dps is preferable, but melee is ok provided they have skill.

You don't have to be super picky about the team comp, but you should be able to identify when the composition is horrible and avoid it accordingly. An example of a horrid combo would be: Soraka, Kayle, Mundo, Heimer, and Evelyn. This team has maybe 10% chance of winning. On the flip side a great combo is: Sivir, TF, Blitz, Alistar, Rammus. That combo is by far is the best pushing team in the game. I've seen people win in 20 minutes with this team.

Hope this helps a bit.

Tyrfang

01-29-2010

Actually, we didn't want to give Heimer solo mid. Trist was supposed to take it, but "was on the phone".

Heimer didn't even want it.

I never dodge, and I only solo queue. Maybe that's part of the reason why. =(

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

I went from an 8 loss streak to a 10 win streak by doing 5 mans.

Heimer solos mid to deny the enemy solo gold.

Tyrfang

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debris View Post
I had a 7-loss streak once and the only real piece of advice I can give is to grab your best hero and man up.

Also queuing with a friend always helps.
Sadly my best hero is Katarina. I'm playing Kassadin to replace her.

Sparro

01-29-2010

Better question since the "match makeing" is a 50/50 chanch how do u get a 10 win streak or a 10 lose streak :P it should be more like 3 wins loss 2 wins 2 lose 3 wins a loss 1 win 2 loss 3 wins... something like that :<

Klazzix

01-29-2010

That's matchmaking for you. I always solo queue most of the time and I've had these losing streaks but I'm glad I still have a postive win:loss ratio. One trick I found that works is that you could make an arranged team with a lower level who's not that bad, and you'll be against a team that's not full of level 30s, but there WILL be more level 30s in the other team than yours, that's if you're 30 too.

Tyrfang

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparro View Post
Better question since the "match makeing" is a 50/50 chanch how do u get a 10 win streak or a 10 lose streak :P it should be more like 3 wins loss 2 wins 2 lose 3 wins a loss 1 win 2 loss 3 wins... something like that :<
I don't think you understand matchmaker...

Grake

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanKeaton259 View Post
First, never let Heimer solo mid. Other characters benefit so much more. If a Heimer insists on soloing mid, he's a nub and you're probably better off dodging his as$.
And yup, had a time where i had ONE victory in my full like 8-9 "recent matches" area. the rest was defeat. Now im doing great.

For me, it was to keep playing through it, even if that sounds discouraging :|