A question about Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larynth

02-04-2010

With the addition of pantheon it's going to become rather difficult even for a skilled team to defend against a Backdoor. With an inhibitor respawn it is truly impossible to recall or teleport fast enough and get there in time to save the building.

I understand allot of people feel that complaining about this is noobish. I truly think the equation has changed though. Before pantheon you couldn't teleport to the top of a lane without a unit there.

My question is why not adjust Pantheon's ability so that he has to be able to see the spot on the map and it has to target a valid enemy unit. It is after all an attack, not just a teleport that does damage.

Sthil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

not to poke fun BUT, have yo ever heard of a champion named Cardmaster? or even Twisted-Fate? he has had an ability to port anywhere on the mad since beta release (correct me if i am wrong bcz i dnt remember a beta overhaul)

Yes Pantheon if fed/farmed correctly can BD a tower almost as efficiently as a Yi or Udyr and CM "cant" but how do you defend against a Yi or Udyr that can drop your tower in under 10 seconds?

the "problem" has not become worse just now you have another champion you have to watch out for.

I strongly believe good map awareness is the key to any successful match.

Larynth

02-04-2010

That's the difference exactly. Time it if you like, but map awareness won't help IMO. If you are in a lane and you have Pantheon in his on your minimap he can use his ability to telepot to th top of the lane. You have to then clear out for a recall, assuming no one can interrupt and run from the well. If by chance you have a teleport up then you are still 4+ seconds out from the time you realise he's BD'd. Even if that's instantly, built right he should be able to take the tower by the time you can get there.

Also as I stated this ability is and ATTACK not a TELEPORT as with TF

PhoenixBomb

02-04-2010

Backdooring typically only ever works if you've given the other team enough of an edge to where it's even feasible for them to do it. If they try too early, they won't get through the tower without multiple attempts and that opens them up for being ganked or team fights being lost.

tl:dr - it doesn't matter

Gigg

02-04-2010

actually, I've lost a reallly tight game to a pantheon that backdoored both nexus tower, one at a time, while all hte others defended the base. When a game last around 60 minutes, mostly anyone can kill a tower pretty quick.

Eviant

02-04-2010

So in other words, backdooring becomes a valid response, seeing as Even I can backdoor. I play Squishy DPS characters like Eve, Yi, and rarely make it past 30-40 mins in a game. And I get a single player with me, and we can take a tower and their inhib in no time. So really, Pantheon is only doing what other people can do, with just a little less time.

AIM7Sparrow

02-05-2010

I don't even understand why this is a problem. Is it a glitch? Is it something unforseen and unwanted? No, it's not. It's part of the character and unless Riot in fact does not want him to be able to Skyfall to an inhibitor and backdoor it then you should realize it's just one of Pantheon's strengths. Every champion has strengths and weakness. Pick the ones you want, don't complain about the ones that bother you because they in fact aren't really anything to get upset about.

RaveFlyz

02-05-2010

I backdoor, but with Taric, it's much more fun when they're Nexus goes down and they're like...wait wtf...Taric?

Other Team: " Backdooring is gay "

Me: " Woah woah woah, don't make me play Pantheon. "

^ You had to be there...

To be honest though...if a game is going and it seems a little one sided...like the other team is going to win, for whatever reason, skill or feeding. The team that is the underdog should have a chance to pull it together and turn the tides.

Pantheon just made this tactic a little more feasible and probable in many of the games...in fact, if I see an enemy Pantheon on the other team in the loading screen I make sure my team is on his ass the whole game, pressuring him so that if he does get off an ult it's to take his sorry ass back to base because he doesn't want to go anywhere else.

Gigg

02-05-2010

When I know we are getting backdoored, stack vision wards everywhere near our base, so we get there in time. Pantheon can defend his base, go heal and suddenly appear on the Nexus. He don't have to run like 2 minutes. Thats the difference. Also, he blocks tower hits so he doesnt even recieve that much dmg from doing it.

Thats the main difference. I'm not QQing about it, but don't tell me that Taric can backdoor as well as pantheon. Sure thing is that it adds alot of pressure end game whenever a pantheon havnt fed.