Who to main?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunathil

2 Days Ago

So far I have a champ that I'm legit at in every role. I really want to just stick with one though, so I can at least main something.

Akali (Mid): 3.11/1 Kill Assist/Death ratio. (Yes. I always get counter picked)Win Ratio: 83%
Warwick (Jungle): 4.33/1 Kill Assist/Death ratio Win Ratio: 60%
Soraka (Support): 3.27/1 Kill Assist/Death ratio Win Ratio: 71%
Caitlyn (ADC): 6.44/1 Kill Assist/Death ratio Win Ratio: 67%
Nasus (Top): 1.97/1 Kill Assist/Death ratio (Could be better) Win Ratio: 25%

Isamichi

2 Days Ago

DEFINITELY not akali. She won't hold you in any low silver+ opponents.

It's not exactly maining a champ taht's important, specializing in a role is better tho maining a champ tends to lead to that. I would argue to choose and specialize in a role. this will give you good understanding and flow of the game. from there, you gain flexibility in your skills to where you can use non-conventional champs in the role you specialize (e.g. i'm using Vel'koz & Mao'kai as support to test out their potential).

Oh, and as a note, as you play the game more, you will eventually play against more and more skilled opponents. The skilled opponents will reveal to you REAL FAST champ strengths and weaknesses.

IPlyFreChmpTil30

1 Day Ago

NO OFFENSE to REALLY good nasus players, but most of the nasus players ive played with sucked
NO OFFENSE

Coulson

1 Day Ago

Yeah like Isamichi said, don't main one champ but rather main a role. The best thing to do, of course, would be to get better in every role but you seem to be doing well for the most part.

Besides, maining a champ should be your call not others'. Some may say your main champ sucks but if you really like the champ and do well with him/her, no one should say **** about it. As long as you are not hurting your team with your pick, any pick is good.

Watercat

1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamichi View Post
DEFINITELY not akali. She won't hold you in any low silver+ opponents.
I disagree, I main Mid and Jungle in silver+ games and Akali is one of my go to heroes. She has some problems, being weak early game, but against solo que players she can absolutly dominate plus she snowballs really hard if she gets any kills and solo carry games.
Quote:
It's not exactly maining a champ taht's important, specializing in a role is better tho maining a champ tends to lead to that. I would argue to choose and specialize in a role. this will give you good understanding and flow of the game. from there, you gain flexibility in your skills to where you can use non-conventional champs in the role you specialize (e.g. i'm using Vel'koz & Mao'kai as support to test out their potential).
This is definitally true. Focus on one or two roles and get really good at them. THey can either be roles you really enjoy or ones you do really well at. It still helps knowing how to play every role.
Me personally, I really hate playing top lane and in my 400+ ranked games I've had to top maybe twice

Wolfezth

1 Day Ago

As an avid assassin lover myself, I have to agree with Watercat on the Akali point. Will it be harder than playing a FOTM champion, yes. But if you get good enough with Akali to pick her blind confidently in a ranked game, you're going to do fine. The exhaust changes in particular really hurt assassins this season, but you can absolutely play around it.

If LolKing is correct, however, you're only level 17. Don't worry about 'maining' a champion at all at this point. I made the mistake of pretty much only playing Kayle from 1-30 and while I got REALLY good with her and she's still my ranked main, I couldn't play any other character worth anything. xP Just try out different champions, you might get your must-hit oh my jeez I love this champ moment like I did with a few. (Katarina, Nasus, Vi, Rengo. :P)

Psionic Phazon

16 Hours Ago

I made the mistake of thinking that a main champion was going to be good for me. I'm glad to hear that you have champions for every role--that's a lot better than most who are still learning the League. However, finding a main champion is, in my opinion, a bit of a step backwards in your progression of the game. You should definitely have a favorite lane, and a champion you prefer to play in that lane--however, it shouldn't be considered a main champion. I used to feel like Ashe was my main champion. I sucked at the game until I decided to try Lulu one day. It was so much fun I started playing in the support role, which is what really taught me how to play. I eventually moved on to other roles, and now I can play the game while also understanding what the hell is going on around the map. But I digress. The point is to get better. Maining a champion hinders your ability to understand other champions.