"Loss Prevented"

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anonymys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-01-2012

Never seen this before in my match history. What's it mean?

Catos

07-01-2012

im wondering that too!

Kyphitz

07-01-2012

It has to do with technical failure. Sometimes you'll get kicked out of a game because the League of Legends servers are being work on, updated, etc. Instead of getting a loss for this game, it'll say Loss Prevented.

Sometimes you'll get it anyway, even if you weren't kicked out of that game. Just take it as a free game, were the loss didn't count.

Anonymys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-01-2012

I suppose they changed it after the fact, because the stats screen counted it. Interesting!

Kyphitz

07-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymys View Post
I suppose they changed it after the fact, because the stats screen counted it. Interesting!
It could be the last 4-5 games you played right before the server shuts off. I think Riot does it so if anyone who was kicked during those times played, they wouldn't get the loss. You should of got your IP and XP still of course though.

Majiiii

07-02-2012

If Riot's servers decide to start having problems, and people start to dc or game start freezing because of their servers, they will decide to "Enable the Button" which means if you Lose a game, then you get a Loss Prevented. This usually only happens when the Riot Severs decide to be stop being good.

Chibawawa

08-07-2012

Oh okay that's good to know, I was confused when I first seen "Loss Prevented"

ipwnapps

08-08-2012

Thanks!!

th3inf4mou5

08-08-2012

when loss is prevented

Jr0n

Recruiter

09-14-2012

so does this count if someone on your team DCs from server failure too?

12345 ... 8