Matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Officer Vi

3 Hours Ago

I have a question about matchmaking. I just hit level 30 and I'm trying to save up for some champions, but every normal queue game I play, I end up playing with and against primarily platinum players. Can someone explain to me why I get put into games like that? I'm not even eligible for ranked, so why am I getting teamed up and against such high ranked opponents?

Isamichi

3 Hours Ago

Howdy Officer;

Eligibility and who you are teamed up with are independent on your ranked skills. However, rank is an indicator of who you'll be playing against.

After scanning through about 8 of your normal games, 3 of them you had plat/gold/diamond players on both sides. Both sides ALSO had someone unranked (which includes you). Are you friends with plat players and queueing up with them? Did you queue up with veteran league players pre-level 30 and play alot of games with them?

can't give any solid explanation until those questions are answered.

Millea

3 Hours Ago

Normal and ranked MMR (Matchmaking rating) are two different things. Looking at you're match history, it's placing you against SOME plat players, but mostly silver players, which is a bit above average. Some platinum players (including myself) have silver MMR in normals because they play different champions than in ranked and aren't as good at them.

You are above average for a fresh level 30 in MMR to be placed with these opponents though.