Is there a more offensive Morgana type hero?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerubian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Well, it makes sense then that Taric is my second most played :P

I've just been struggling to play Kayle effectively so I'm not terribly useless late game. I guess my initial items might be messing me up. And there doesn't seem to be much love for her in terms of guides :P

Dlittlejohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
And my favorite champion in the game Annie, is pretty tanky if she wants to be.
May I ask why you don't have her as your profile picture? Also +1 for choosing Annie.

vileguy

02-05-2010

I'd actually suggest trying Ashe, though you probably have. She's definitely not a tank but with a good stun and slow she's definitely a strong team player, especially with stacked cooldown reduction and golem buff.

Nerubian

02-05-2010

I've actually avoided Ashe :P I didn't want to be another Ashe player, heh! But, I'll give her a shot sometime.

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

02-05-2010

Anivia seems interesting, I'll have to try her if she's (finally) free today. I just understand she's the slowest champion in the game, is this a problem with ice wall to prevent chasing?

I don't get Annie - she seems like a weaker Lina, trading Morgana's range for more damage, except for the pet but I never got it to attack anything useful. Did I miss something, can you control it?

Morzas

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlittlejohn View Post
May I ask why you don't have her as your profile picture? Also +1 for choosing Annie.
Probably because Zileas and ByronicHero beat the **** out of him in a back alley and stole them (normal and Goth Annie). Some day though, Lima Beans will get revenge.

Alarik33

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
Anivia seems interesting, I'll have to try her if she's (finally) free today. I just understand she's the slowest champion in the game, is this a problem with ice wall to prevent chasing?

I don't get Annie - she seems like a weaker Lina, trading Morgana's range for more damage, except for the pet but I never got it to attack anything useful. Did I miss something, can you control it?
Yes, you can control it. Alt-rightclick will make tibbers move/attack.

Fbsunny

02-05-2010

I would say fiddle would be a good option for you. Since most of his damage comes from the base damage of his spells, you are free to focus on tank and/or mpen items. He also has a fear which is quite useful, and the bouncing silence which can wreck entire teams if it bounces well in a team fight. He does seem to get kill stolen quite a bit though, since your AoE damage might do 70+% of 3 different heros hp, and then you will not get any of the kills.

dovvntempo

02-05-2010

I would really try Anivia because she has many similarities with Morgana.

Ranged attack? She's got it, and it's got a FAR reach.

Both of their skillshots flashfrost / dark binding stun. While dark binding may last longer, it has a longer cooldown than flash frost (iirc?) and it's harder to land in a teamfight. Flash frost will go through all targets and you can choose who to stun by pressing Q again at some in it's flight path.

Morgana has aoe dmg with tormented soil. Oh wait! So does Anivia with glacial storm! Though it's high mana cost may frighten, all you have to do is use it for a second or two, then use flash frost to get any minions at low hp. This gives her the ability to farm like Morgana, though I'd argue that Aniv does it much better.

Morgana has black shield that can save lives. So does Anivia.. she has crystalize. Sure I'd like a low cooldown linken's sphere but I think Anivia can do a lot for her team with wall. It may not be incredible but it's uses are very broad, when compared to black shield.

She also plays like Morgana, I would say. Both do not want to be in the front lines, and they have their skillshots that give them a bigger "zone".

And as far as being tanky, Anivia can definitely be built like a tank. Add her abilities to stun, slow, or completely wall off teams or individuals, and she can do a good bit of surviving. And of course, there's that egg.

KaaaBLAMO

02-05-2010

You might want to give Twisted Fate a shot. Ranged attack, great stun (though it takes some timing to get) and good damage with Wild Cards. He's certainly not a tank though, but he's awesome at map control and ganking. You can also build him as a physical DPSer if you like, but most people agree that AP is better.