Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Real Katarina Players Never Give Up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NDAWE

02-04-2010

After the last nerf , i saw today that they want to cut the range on BB from 650 to 600. Simply RIOT wanna destroy that champ completely.

BUT REAL KATA FENS WILL NEVER GIVE UP.

I play Katarina on AP now, because AD is teribad. I`m sure u all know how to build AP Katarina:

Sorcerer's Shoes
Rylai's Crystal Scepter (this is a must)
Mejai's Soulstealerv
Abyssal Scepter
Void Staff
For last u got big choise between survival or other offensive item. Somewhere here u can put Nash tooth for CDR which is good for DL and Shunpo, but if u assist or kill enough imo is waste of money. Havent tryed Deathfire Grasp, waiting for respond is it good enough.

There always can be maded slight changes but i play mostly on that way with good succses rate. On AP build (remember that) if u wanna do some dmg, not to play Tankata, u have to do MP and a lot of AP. Let the survival items for last. If u focus on survival early , forget to do something in late game.

Skill Building on that way:

E , Q , W , E , E , R , W , E ,Q , W , R , E , Q and rest u know
Maxing 1st Shunpo ASAP because with AP becomes one of your prime weapons. Other slight changes from old guides is that maxing the KI with BB in same time because when u Shunpo on enemy u go in close range, with higher KI level u get more % Evasion , that increase your chance to survive. Anyway with that build BB is using only to apply slow from Relay and Healt reduction, because not taking bonus DMG from AP.

With that build u got good MR , average HP , good magic penetration.

The biggest change imo with that switch from AD to AP is the play style. Before u had to wait for chance for KI Shunpo DL , now u can haras your enemys with Shunpo nonstop. This skill becomes a prime weapon + DL.

Btw with that build DL do decend DMG. For sure not so huge like before , but still good enough to can kill the carrys.

As play style i recommending to be agresive as u can. Early game Kata got same harasing abilitys like before nerf (until level6). After that if u wanna kill something u have to be in the mele nonstop. REMEMBER U HAVE TO ATLEAST ASSIST FOR EVERY ENEMY WHICH DIE BECAUSE U GET INSTANT REUSE ON SHUNPO. And that is very important for AP Katarina. About DL , its same like before , u have to wait the right moment to use it , because its still your best DPS skill nevermind of nerf.

For summoner skills using Flash + Exaust , but one of them can be changed to ignite and u can learn the Ignite skill who give 10 AP when ignite is on Reuse. Havent tryed that but guess will be good combo.

Waiting for more Katarina nefs RIOT, because i see u dont even think to stop nerfing that champ. But be sure the true Katarina players will do everything possible to keep it into the game!!!

For end i post a little movie. Sry for bad quality still newbie in rendering , promise next to be with good quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGx3s7RXTk&hd=1

P.S. I`m tryly fan of AD Katarina , i dont like AP style. Old one was better imo, and for sure not OP. Lets all pray some one of RIOTs open his eyes and fix that unjustice ASAP.

mistermoo

02-04-2010

Quote:
NDAWE:

BUT REAL KATA FENS WILL NEVER GIVE UP.

Evil always wins.

A Bad Idea

02-04-2010

Interestingly, I've never lost a game with Kat post-nerf. I suppose the nerf enhanced my awareness and made me play more carefully, but I play mainly AP Kat anyway.

My build is only slightly different from yours in which I get a Regrowth Pendant first; it allows me to stay in lanes longer, and you can build it into a Warmog's later for increased survivability, since I tend to make DARING tower dives. My overall loadout looks like this:

Regrowth Pendant (Upgrade to Warmog's later)
Sorc. Shoes
Kage's Lucky Pick (Upgrade to Deathfire Grasp later)
Rylai's (can be swapped for Abyssal Scepter first if team has good CC)
Abyssal Scepter
Void Staff

Every time I purchase a Deathfire I keep seeming to forget I have it, so I never use it's active. I think I'll replace the Pick with a Mejai's from now on.

Perhaps I'll write my own guide on how to cope with the nerf.

NDAWE

02-05-2010

Quote:
A Bad Idea:
Interestingly, I've never lost a game with Kat post-nerf. I suppose the nerf enhanced my awareness and made me play more carefully, but I play mainly AP Kat anyway.

My build is only slightly different from yours in which I get a Regrowth Pendant first; it allows me to stay in lanes longer, and you can build it into a Warmog's later for increased survivability, since I tend to make DARING tower dives. My overall loadout looks like this:

Regrowth Pendant (Upgrade to Warmog's later)
Sorc. Shoes
Kage's Lucky Pick (Upgrade to Deathfire Grasp later)
Rylai's (can be swapped for Abyssal Scepter first if team has good CC)
Abyssal Scepter
Void Staff

Every time I purchase a Deathfire I keep seeming to forget I have it, so I never use it's active. I think I'll replace the Pick with a Mejai's from now on.

Perhaps I'll write my own guide on how to cope with the nerf.

Imo Rylay is a must. HP + 80 AP and slow ... without this AP Katarina is useless. As i mentioned to compensate the nerf , u should focus on DMG (AP) not survive , 500 HP from rylay is enough. Because of that i dont get warmog's at all , its cost a lot and u still not have AP. AP Kata is more early / mid game in late start to fade, if u want to can do something average in late , u must be focused all the time on AP.

Btw i start with shoes and 3HP potions. Usually is enough to keep me alive to atleast lvl6.
Upgrading to sorc and start build rylay. If i got enough money to buy the Giant bell 1st , i do it, because early game 500 HP is A LOT for Kata and significant improve your survive. After Giant bell to finish rylay is no hard. Once u got rylay u start participate in every battle. I dont find AP katarina good in grind (kill mobs) your auto-atack suck , and BB dont do dmg, u must wait for last hit or kill 1 creep every time when your shunpo is rdy.

Abysal Scepter is also very important. As u know after Lvl 2 DL start hit 2 targets, lvl 3 3 targets. With abysal u degrees all surround u champs 20 MR , give u AP and improve your MR (most of skills r Magic). This item give u offensive and defensive abilitys which make it precious. Because of that i usualy trying to buy it after Rylay , even sometimes if game not going well buying it before Soulstealer.