How much did you like this champion suggestion?

Loved it! 2 15.38%
Pretty Good 10 76.92%
It's Okay 0 0%
Needs work 0 0%
He sucks. 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Suggestion] Adelmo The Crystal Illusionist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreampod

02-08-2010

Great character concept.

How long would the Crystal Mirror Prison last for if it were not destroyed?

I particularly like the ultimate, it is very similar to one that I had suggested to another competitor for Jinx. Great minds think alike.

nrouns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
Great character concept.

How long would the Crystal Mirror Prison last for if it were not destroyed?

I particularly like the ultimate, it is very similar to one that I had suggested to another competitor for Jinx. Great minds think alike.
Well it is open for discussion really. It can't last terribly long to be fair, I would estimate 1.5 seconds for first rank, and maybe gaining 0.5 seconds per rank.

nrouns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2010

Added some simple images for spells just to give it some flare.

nrouns

02-11-2010

bump

Bigern

02-18-2010

Hallucinate is the name of Shaco's ultimate

SofaKingAwsome

02-18-2010

Great hero concept the only thing i think should change is his Ultimate. I think the players names should either all get mixed up (for example, the other team views my name as one of my teammates) or make everyone's name the same as the target champion. These might sound like a little much but all the enemies have to do is press TAB or go to the scoreboard to see who is who

Another thing i think should happen to further enhance the illusion is to copy all visual effects over to the other champions (for example: if you choose to copy annie while she is fully energized the visual effect showing she has a stun should be copied over, or if you copy a poppy that has her ult activated, then all poppy copies should appear the same way)

nrouns

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigern View Post
Hallucinate is the name of Shaco's ultimate
Good catch >.>, I don't play shaco and didn't notice this

nrouns

02-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKingAwsome View Post
Great hero concept the only thing i think should change is his Ultimate. I think the players names should either all get mixed up (for example, the other team views my name as one of my teammates) or make everyone's name the same as the target champion. These might sound like a little much but all the enemies have to do is press TAB or go to the scoreboard to see who is who

Another thing i think should happen to further enhance the illusion is to copy all visual effects over to the other champions (for example: if you choose to copy annie while she is fully energized the visual effect showing she has a stun should be copied over, or if you copy a poppy that has her ult activated, then all poppy copies should appear the same way)
I took your first suggestion into consideration and decided I would like it to hide ally names all together.

K J

02-21-2010

We'll start from the top.

Your passive I like. I don't like the % though. I agree that it should be something like 5/10/15%. I've seen shaco's that stack crit runes and do 300 damage on a deceive at level 1. Considering most champions have about a 5% crit rate at level 1, 5% would barely be noticeable except for very specific champions. I don't see this as overpowering.

The damage on your Q is laughable. 400 damage on a 12-second cooldown at level 18 isn't anything to run away from. I would definitely up the AP ratio on your Q to .3 or .4.

The damage from your W seems easy enough to avoid as well. If the slow has a short duration, make all the mirrors shatter upon completion, and let the AoE be large enough for all mirrors to hit the center. If that means keeping the AoE inside the circle, that shouldn't be bad. Make the duration longer.. say 4-5 seconds. It's a slow. They can still attack their way out, flash, shunpo, use shields, kill you, etc. Anything shorter will be useless for catching/escaping, and make the damage too powerful. Anything longer would make it too easy to escape.

E seems fair enough.

Me likey ultimate

Mana costs across the board seem high. Your lowest CD spell doesn't do enough damage or cooldown quick enough to reliably farm with or even last hit, and the cost on it is rather high. Hell, Veigar's Q gets a MUCH better AP ratio, has 1/3 the cooldown, costs 75 mana at all levels, and farms AP. Sure you can argue that this is a support champion and not meant for damage, but any champion that can't scare off an opponent at low health is going to get roflstomped. Keeping AP ratios low prevents op cries and nerf batting, but it also promotes physical builds like you see on Janna. We don't need support champions attacking 2.2 times per second dealing 300+ damage.

I like the idea of this champion though. Laning against champs like karthus or eve will keep you juiced up (for what, idk... terribly long cooldowns), while going against tryn or kat and the like will prove much more difficult.

Consider Zilean's spells as a fellow support champion. Also consider that Zilean has more mana than your proposed hero.

Time Bomb - high damage AoE offensive. Semi spam-able with his W.
90 / 145 / 200 / 260 / 320 (+1.1 per ability power)
60 / 75 / 90 / 105 / 120 Mana
10 second cooldown

Rewind - lowers all Zilean's cooldowns by 10 seconds
50 mana
18/16/14/12/10 second cooldown

Time Warp - Speeds up ally/slows enemy
100 mana
20s cooldown

Chronoshift - Zilean's ultimate. Revives allies upon death.
Revives with 500/750/1000 (+3.1 per ability power)
200 mana
180/160/140 second cooldown

nrouns

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by K J View Post
We'll start from the top.
The damage from your W seems easy enough to avoid as well. If the slow has a short duration, make all the mirrors shatter upon completion, and let the AoE be large enough for all mirrors to hit the center. If that means keeping the AoE inside the circle, that shouldn't be bad. Make the duration longer.. say 4-5 seconds. It's a slow. They can still attack their way out, flash, shunpo, use shields, kill you, etc. Anything shorter will be useless for catching/escaping, and make the damage too powerful. Anything longer would make it too easy to escape.
While I mostly agree with everything including the scaling numbers, they have not been changed because this champion is part of the champion suggestion contest, and we are limited in the number and timing of these changes.

However, on your comment about the quoted ability I do believe that it should not be easy to avoid, the reason being if you are stuck inside this pentagon of mirrors you are left with the choice or just standing there while weakened, or destroying a mirror and effectively making it explode. If you happen to catch more than one champion or a champion and some minions inside this prison... I am sure all chaos would break loose.