How much did you like this champion suggestion?

Loved it! 2 15.38%
Pretty Good 10 76.92%
It's Okay 0 0%
Needs work 0 0%
He sucks. 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

[Champion Suggestion] Adelmo – The Crystal Illusionist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nrouns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

I will be updating this frequently based on feedback, please check back.

Before you read: I was trying to make a hero that was not “over the top” with crazy skills that could never be implemented, as balanced as I could, and a fun support. I looked up the CSC 4 Guidelines and am using information from current in game characters and suggestions as references on how to come up with a good but reasonable suggestion.

Adelmo – The Crystal Illusionist

Information
Location and Looks - Adelmo is a male from Freljord like Ashe and Nunu. I envision him bald with pale skin, with a tattoo going diagonally across his face with a soul patch and stud earrings. He was padded leather armor for warmth and fur boots. His neck is slightly longer than normal

Weapon – His weapon his a white crystal orb, which he throws at enemies, he carries a book in his offhand and has a dagger strapped to his belt.

Style – Adelmo is an Illusionist, this means he relies on abilities that require the enemy to be confused or make decisions.

Attributes

Support, Mage, Ranged, Slow, Pusher, Farmer

Base Stats

Stat – Base Amount (Gained per level)

Hit Points – 378 (85)
Mana – 217 (46)
Damage – 45 (3)
Range – 425 (0)
Armor – 6 (4)
Magic Resist – 40 (0)
Critical Chance – 1.95(0.30)
Attack Speed – 0.72 (2%)
Move Speed – 310 (0)

Skills

------------------------------------------------------------
PASSIVE: Envision

Tooltip: Allied champions take (0.8 * Level) reduced critical strike damage

Explanation: As a support character I wanted a passive such as the ones use see with Zilean or Janna. I have recently updated the math, I liked the idea of increasing this skills effectiveness but thought it would be too over powered at a lower level, so I have made it increase in effectiveness as you level. At level 18 you will have ~16% reduced critical strike damage. The original number was 5% static, please comment on this change.

Attachment 16010
Q: Crystal Barrage

Tooltip: Hurls a barrage of crystals at the target each second for 3 seconds for 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.1 AP) damage. Each proceeding crystal after the first deals 20% more damage than the last and reduces the cool down crystal mirror prison by 1 second.

Suggested cool down: 12 seconds

Suggested mana cost: 65/85/105/125/145

Explanation: A nuke spell that does more damage the more it hits the target, and should attempt to make champions back off to try to get out of range, which is a key goal of this spell. It will channel one every second for three seconds, translating to a maximum of 3 hits if the target stays in range and up to 3 seconds reduced cool down on crystal mirror prison.

Looks: Light blue crystal balls that lightly explode on impact and leave a frost on the ground below the target.

Attachment 16011
W: Crystal Mirror Prison

Tooltip: Target location raises 5 crystal mirrors from the ground, each with each with 40/60/80/100/120 health. Units inside the prison are slowed by 20% and deal 30% less damage. Each crystal destroyed by damage shatters and deals 40/75/110/165/200 (+0.1 AP) area of effect damage.

Suggested cool down: 40 seconds, can be lowered by each hit of crystal barrage

Suggested mana cost: 80/100/120/140/160

Explanation: The crystals rise up in a pentagon shape, at which point the champions inside have two options. If they destroy a crystal they disperse AOE damage to nearby units and champions, and if they stay inside they are trapped and deal less damage. Minions and towers could also trigger more crystals to break due to their low health, and if two champions are inside they could both break a separate crystal trying to escape. Other culprits are items such as the Sun Fire cape.

Looks: Shiny crystal walls in a pentagon shape placement similar to Veigers event horizon. The area inside is clearly marked with frozen ground, that way if you break a crystal you can still see the borders for the slow effect.

Attachment 16012
E: Freljord's Blessing

Tooltip:
Passive - Awards 5/10/15/20/25 Mana when an ability that requires mana is used by a nearby champion.

Activated - Targeted champion receives 10/15/20/25/30 (+0.15 AP) Magic resistance and is awarded 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% of the mana used by all champions in a 800 yard radius for 5 seconds.

Suggested cool down: Passive and buff can not occur more than once every 3 seconds.

Suggested mana cost: 50/65/80/95/110

Explanation: Provides a mana intensive champion with some much needed mana, and some magic resistance that scales for fights. At 400 ability power, this is 90 magic resistances.

Looks: Undecided, please comment.

Attachment 16013
R: Mirror Image - Ultimate

Tooltip: Hides all ally names to enemies and transforms thier image into a targeted allies current image for 20 seconds plus 1 second per stack. All allied champion abilities give an additional stack, stacking up to 20 times. At 20 stacks Hallucination ends, all allied champions receive 5/10/15 (+0.1 AP) health and mana per second for 20 seconds.

Suggested cool down: 180-240 seconds (3-4 minutes)

Suggested Mana Cost: 100/150/200

Explanation: If you use this ability on your teemo for example, every one of your allies now appears to be teemo. For each ability a champion uses, you call gain 1 stack, slightly increasing the duration. If it stacks to 20 times, the effect ends and a buff is given to all alive allies for restoration. This could last as low as 5 or 10 seconds, or 39 seconds.

The main key to this ability is CONFUSION, unless you remember the enemy names you do not know who is who.

Looks: Makes all allied champions temporarily appear like targeted champion, and names hidden to allies.

nrouns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2010

Update log -----

Update 1: Adjusted Numbers and clarified tool tips
Update 2: Added item images.
Update 3: Updated ultimate name, and changed ultimate to also hide ally names.

Motas

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrouns View Post
PASSIVE: Envision

Tooltip: Allied champions take 5% reduced critical strike damage

Explanation: As a support character I wanted a passive such as the ones use see with Zilean or Janna. A critical strike for 200 is reduced by 10, and a critical strike of 400 is reduced by 20. This amount can be helpful when added up over the course of a game, and remember… not every strike the enemy gives will crit. This is simple but works.
I agree, its a nice passive to stop heroes like Shaco and Tryndamere and Yi from dealing a ton of damage.
It seems slightly UP tho, I'd actually make it be 5/10/15%, it still doesn't take that much away from crit damage, but its better than what you had =)

Quote:
Q: Crystal Barrage

Tooltip: Hurls a barrage of crystals at the target each second for 3 seconds for 35/45/55/65/75 (+10% ability power) damage. Each proceeding crystal after the first deals 20% more damage than the last and reduces the cool down crystal mirror prison by 1 second.

Suggested cool down: 12 seconds

Suggested mana cost: 65/85/105/125/145

Explanation: A nuke spell that does more damage the more it hits the target, and should attempt to make champions back off to try to get out of range, which is a key goal of this spell.

Looks: Light blue crystal balls that lightly explode on impact and leave a frost on the ground below the target.
Just an FYI, the 10% ability power can be written (for your convenience) as (+0.1AP) =)
You didn't say how many crystals are thrown, or at what rate, those things are quite essential to the spell, I like it a ton, I just need to know how many and how fast etc.
But its a great skill =)

Quote:
W: Crystal Mirror Prison

Tooltip: Target location raises 5 crystal mirrors from the ground, each with each with 40/60/80/100/120 health. Units inside the prison are slowed by 20% and deal 30% less damage. Each crystal destroyed by damage shatters and deals 2/4/8/16/32 (+10% Ability Power) area of effect damage.

Suggested cool down: 40 seconds, can be lowered by each hit of crystal barrage

Suggested mana cost: 80/100/120/140/160

Explanation: The crystals rise up in a pentagon shape, at which point the champions inside have two options. If they destroy a crystal they disperse AOE damage to nearby units and champions, and if they stay inside they are trapped and deal less damage. Minions and towers could also trigger more crystals to break due to their low health, and if two champions are inside they could both break a separate crystal trying to escape. Other culprits are items such as the Sun Fire cape.

Looks: Shiny crystal walls in a pentagon shape placement similar to Veigers event horizon. The area inside is clearly marked with frozen ground, that way if you break a crystal you can still see the borders for the slow effect.
This is a very nice idea, I like it a lot. The numbers seem fine, and it works well with the support role and with mindgames =) again, the AP thing (+0.1AP)

Quote:
E: Freljord's Blessing

Tooltip:
Passive - Awards 5/10/15/20/25 Mana when an ability that requires mana is used by a nearby champion.

Activated - Targeted champion receives 10/15/20/25/30 (+15% ability power) Magic resistance and is awarded 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% of the mana used by all champions in a 800 yard radius for 5 seconds.

Suggested cool down: Passive and buff can not occur more than once every 3 seconds.

Suggested mana cost: 50/65/80/95/110

Explanation: Provides a mana intensive champion with some much needed mana, and some magic resistance that scales for fights. At 400 ability power, this is 90 magic resistances.

Looks: Undecided, please comment.
I'd make it look like an aura, I'm not sure on the looks of it, but an aura-ish thing sounds really good. Its a very nice passive, I love it =)
This is a great way to be using a concept like this, I'm astounded at this one, its a very intuitive idea and would be fun to play =)

Quote:
R: Hallucination - Ultimate

Tooltip: Transforms the image of all allied champions into the targeted ally for 20 seconds plus 1 second per stack. All allied champion abilities give an additional stack, stacking up to 20 times. At 20 stacks Hallucination ends, all allied champions receive 5/10/15 (+1% ability power) health and mana per second for 20 seconds.

Suggested cool down: 180-240 seconds (3-4 minutes)

Suggested Mana Cost: 100/150/200

Explanation: If you use this ability on your teemo for example, every one of your allies now appears to be teemo. For each ability a champion uses, you call gain 1 stack, slightly increasing the duration. If it stacks to 20 times, the effect ends and a buff is given to all alive allies for restoration. This could last as low as 5 or 10 seconds, or 39 seconds.

The main key to this ability is CONFUSION, unless you remember the enemy names you do not know who is who.

Looks: Makes all allied champions temporarily appear like targeted champion.
Nice, a very good job, especially becuz you kept with your initial concept of crystals and illusions. This ult really finishes off the whole idea =)

Overall ideas:
I love this idea, since I play a ton of support (i only play support), a champion like this would be awesome and great to play as =)
Nice job
I HAVE FURY

-Motas

Milskidasith

02-07-2010

The damage on crystal mirror prison is absurdly low... nobody would care about taking 2 damage, that's less damage than getting hit by a creep. It doesn't help that the mirrors are so weak any champ can one shot them.

baskot

02-07-2010

i like the idea, numbers definitely need some tweaking, but it would be a fun hero to play for sure.

nrouns

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
The damage on crystal mirror prison is absurdly low... nobody would care about taking 2 damage, that's less damage than getting hit by a creep. It doesn't help that the mirrors are so weak any champ can one shot them.
Wow thank you for pointing this out, I actually was missing a 0 at the end of each of these numbers.

It is supposed to be 20/40/80/160/320.

Also, the point of the low health on the mirrors is that they explode when being destroyed. Whether the enemy champions do it on purpose.... or... if minions/sunfire cape/ect destroys it.

nrouns

02-07-2010

Quote:
Just an FYI, the 10% ability power can be written (for your convenience) as (+0.1AP) =)
You didn't say how many crystals are thrown, or at what rate, those things are quite essential to the spell, I like it a ton, I just need to know how many and how fast etc.
But its a great skill =)
Each second for 3 seconds, translating to 3 crystals thrown

nrouns

02-07-2010

Another thing to remember with crystal mirror prison everybody, is that it has the potential to explode up to 5 times. So for example 40 damage (+ap) may seem low, but placed in minions or near a tower can easily make it 200 damage (+ap) AOE just for the first rank.

nrouns

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motas View Post
I agree, its a nice passive to stop heroes like Shaco and Tryndamere and Yi from dealing a ton of damage.
It seems slightly UP tho, I'd actually make it be 5/10/15%, it still doesn't take that much away from crit damage, but its better than what you had =)
Math updated, please comment on changes.

Quote:
But its a great skill =)
Updated to suggested format, and amount of maximum crystals further clarified.

Quote:
This is a very nice idea, I like it a lot. The numbers seem fine, and it works well with the support role and with mindgames =) again, the AP thing (+0.1AP)
Thanks, I wasn't sure what people would think about this spell but I really like it too. Format was also updated.

Quote:
I'd make it look like an aura, I'm not sure on the looks of it, but an aura-ish thing sounds really good. Its a very nice passive, I love it =)
This is a great way to be using a concept like this, I'm astounded at this one, its a very intuitive idea and would be fun to play =)
I was trying to make a unique passive that was very helpful, and I love mana support champs.

Quote:
Nice, a very good job, especially becuz you kept with your initial concept of crystals and illusions. This ult really finishes off the whole idea =)
How is the math though? This was the original concept that helped create the rest of the champion.

nrouns

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskot View Post
i like the idea, numbers definitely need some tweaking, but it would be a fun hero to play for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
The numbers have been tweaked, and due to the crystal mirror prison the health on the mirrors is supposed to be relatively low.