Bot Team Minions Out Push Top Team Minions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZFjzeqgp3enl4IRT

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDaemon View Post
I really thought that winking face made it clear that it was a joke. I'm testing this right now. I appologize if anyone thought I wouldn't take the issue seriously.
Try trollface next time, much more effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrolerian View Post
How about you stop being an *******? He's doing his **** job, three games gives enough variety and shows that what was said is true. It shows that everytime the top and bottom lanes pushed harder then the middle lanes. You try waiting and waiting for minions to just end games by themselves. Stop being a **** and respect his authority.
Which authority? He's a red, not the president of the United States.
Also you don't know anything about statistics apparently.

DragonLord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysEcarlate View Post
Try trollface next time, much more effective.

Which authority? He's a red, not the president of the United States.
Also you don't know anything about statistics apparently.
Yes 3 isn't a lot especially stat wise but it was enough for him to tell you his immediate results, and to show he's looking into it. Given the way these forums demand immediate action and response, it was probably a good call to post again. Yet still people aren't happy. He told you his initial findings, and that he'll ask for intended behavior; be happy for once.

Nezikim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

I feel bad for these guys. If they give you initial results you complain that they dont know how to use CSAT and should post emprical studies of 100 matches or the like, and if they were to take the time to do that before ever getting back, most of you would troll and gripe about how they never respond to such serious business as it ruins your lives.

RiotDaemon

QA Lead

03-03-2011
4 of 4 Riot Posts

I went through an additional 8 games, to bring the total to 11 games played. 6 games were won by top minions and 5 games were won by bottom. This leads me to believe that the relative pushing power between sides is similiar.

I fowarded the concerns about the strength of minion creepwaves to design, and I was told that it is likely that Riot will do something to alter their relative strength. "Something" because a couple ideas are being tossed around.

Stexe

Recruiter

03-04-2011

Quote:
I went through an additional 8 games, to bring the total to 11 games played. 6 games were won by top minions and 5 games were won by bottom. This leads me to believe that the relative pushing power between sides is similiar.

I fowarded the concerns about the strength of minion creepwaves to design, and I was told that it is likely that Riot will do something to alter their relative strength. "Something" because a couple ideas are being tossed around.
Sounds good. I wonder what the results would be on a larger scale of like 100 games. I guess you don't have an environment set up to create simulations like that do you?

Rectifier

03-05-2011

Quote:

If you judge these statistics based on the fact that:
1. Creeps should not push on their own.
2. Because creeps pushing on their own nullifies the point of having a stalemate being influenced by heroes.
3. Because ignoring the entire premise of a stalemate defeats the point of a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.

Then the results show a 100% Failure Rate. Just because you have statistical information proving a 50/50 bias on lane pushing does not mean that the results are acceptable.

/2cents

showerhead

03-05-2011

@rectifier - So long as bot is pushed by one side and top the other or vice-versa, it still is a stalemate. I see no problem with minion waves being able to push a lane when no one is there so long as the lanes are even in that respect. If minions never pushed, once midgame came around, everyone would always stay mid and never leave.

As for the new strength/speed that the minions now push, I have to say it is rather refreshing. I'm tired of seeing both sides leave and not return because the minions aren't strong enough or fast enough to take a turret by themselves, resulting in comments like, "Oh, ignore top, its only minions we will get it in a few waves. Everyone stay mid and defend". It ensures that at least one champ goes to each lane every few minutes to ensure the turret will survive and try to get their minions to push rather than the enemy's.