Bot Team Minions Out Push Top Team Minions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Reinboom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDaemon View Post
I will look into this, although I will admit I personally feel anything that hurts aram being popular is a good thing
Do you know what else hurts ARAM being popular?
If this game permanently closed down its servers.

I also believe that if there was a national news report that a company named Riot Games setup a mass execution of all of its new interns, that it might hurt the popularity of their products. By extension, hurts ARAM.

Are these good things?

RiotDaemon

QA Lead

03-03-2011
2 of 4 Riot Posts

I really thought that winking face made it clear that it was a joke. I'm testing this right now. I appologize if anyone thought I wouldn't take the issue seriously.

Riot Reinboom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

03-03-2011

Quote:
I really thought that winking face made it clear that it was a joke. I'm testing this right now.
Yes, it was clear it was a joke. However, humor directed towards bringing negative attention to a subject that: a) does not negatively affect others and b) is significant in some way to a few, tends to not make for very good humor and instead only gives off an air of neglect to those people.

These feelings become strongly amplified when you apply this to someone who has authority or the running chance in some way of obtaining authority. You might be, in the near future, in a position to actually damage the capability of playing in ARAM games at all.

Personally, my feelings are that I would prefer to make sure you understand that you will be angering a lot of people for no significant reason if you damage our ability to play ARAMs. If you are willing to make such jokes then I don't wish to risk if what you said is actually true.

RiotDaemon

QA Lead

03-03-2011
3 of 4 Riot Posts

I tested this in 3 games. In all 3 games, the first team of minions that took an inhibitor won the game. In 2 games top side won and in one game bottom side won. In the games, the winning side had 7, 5, and 1 turrets alive at the game over screen.

This is a reasonable amount of variability and so far it looks like who wins is due more to random chance than anything else. What it does show is that minion waves can push really hard for extended periods of time if no one stops them, which can lead to one side getting an additional free tower if they take down an outer tower. I will check to see if this intended.

Film11

03-03-2011

Never knew ARAM was such serious business.

TerminatorMarine

03-03-2011

Quote:
I tested this in 3 games.
wow.

full three games? because, i mean, that is so much, it will most likely be significant on any level.

Thalack

03-03-2011

I've had 3 games in a row where bottom pushed every time and even if we cheated and pushed back they acted as if they were never pushed.

Myrolerian

03-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorMarine View Post
wow.

full three games? because, i mean, that is so much, it will most likely be significant on any level.
How about you stop being an *******? He's doing his **** job, three games gives enough variety and shows that what was said is true. It shows that everytime the top and bottom lanes pushed harder then the middle lanes. You try waiting and waiting for minions to just end games by themselves. Stop being a **** and respect his authority.

Avenger Summoner

03-03-2011

This was an issue before the recent minion update, although not nearly to this extent as minions now push harder and faster.

Previously, it was thought to be due to minion targeting AI. A group will either focus down a single minion at a time, or do a little damage to the whole group. I think it was the group that focused single minions that ended up winning that particular push. It was random though, neither blue nor purple had a perfect advantage.

ChasmGasm

03-03-2011

Can't you just start a practice game with no bots and no opponents and just play in the jungle till one side shows dominance?