Noob in need, when is it time for runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlindBanshee

02-04-2010

Title says it all guys. Level three at the moment, just started a few days ago. Just wondering at what point I need to start worrying about these runes.

Voidgolem

02-04-2010

T1 isn't that expensive.

Jmaster

02-04-2010

Some cheap tier 1 runes might not be a bad idea. They cost next to nothing, and can get you a bit of an edge over nothing. I'd get a few of those, then start saving for tier 3 runes. You cant put them in until 20, but its good to have a decent pile of em when you do. Dont bother with tier 2. Hope this helps!

Oh, and at level 10 you get your 1st quintesence (the purple one). Quints are way better than marks/seals/glyphs, so buy one of those the second you can.

TheRealMcCoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-04-2010

While Tier 1 Runes aren't that expensive. They also aren't that good. You can only buy runes with IP, and Tier 3 Runes (level 20+) are quite expensive. So if you think you'll be 20+ in a matter of a week or two, I might save my points for that.

I bought a few tier 1 runes and they help a little but I wish i would have saved the points for when i hit 20

Voidgolem

02-04-2010

tier 1 is around half the effectiveness for a quarter of the price, Better than gimping yourself saving up >.>

BlindBanshee

02-04-2010

Thanks for the responses.

Brozan

02-04-2010

Buy t1, just don't get stupid with it.

At level 20, I easily get enough IP to buy my next t3 rune by the time I hit the next level.

Just don't waste all your IP on champs. Find one or two you like (preferably of the same archetype so you can use the same runes/masteries) and focus on them.

Silent Reaper

02-04-2010

I suggest you only get tier 1 runes until you're level 20, and then after that get level 30 runes.
If you plan on being a melee character, I suggest you get
Red: Crtical Chance OR Attack Speed OR Armor Penetration
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: attack speed

Talking Socks

02-04-2010

Tier 1 is dirt cheap. Sure, half effectiveness, but 20x (?) cheaper than tier 3. You can't really go wrong with a tier 1 book.

BoomFrog

02-04-2010

Don't forget the combiner. Sure it's random but if you got cheap tier 1 runes you actually get a tier 2 rune for cheaper total price. You might not have optimal runes but you can have enough to keep your slots full of the right level runes. I say keep one updated page of runes all the time. (when you unlock your first quint make sure you get a teir 2 quint. I don't even know why they sell teir 1s...)