The new Yi - 4 or 5 zeal Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iamjstar

06-01-2011

So what happens when they have one person in each of the two lanes yi is pushing. Yes there will be a 3v4 with your team mates and theirs. Who says they won't be tower hugging with a possible jungler somewhere in there. Once it hits late game, the two solo laners against yi will be nearly equally fed as he is while your team mates are still in their midgames. They might co-ordinate a 5 champion push down mid. Not only will your 4 team mates still be underfed and hugging their tower but yi will be defending. Assuming Yi is still pushing, do you honestly think he can outpush a 5 champion push? If you're saying that his crazy damage and movespeed will push faster than they will, think of the minion move speed. The flaw here, is that assuming he pushes all out one lane to try and take an inhib, he will still NEED to wait for minions unless he is fully farmed/levelled etc. Even then, he cannot push down consecutive towers with low hp, or else an enemy warwick would simply ulti in + exhaust and kill a yi. And yes, I have seen this build in action. I was on the opposing team; take a wild guess at who won.

Lorifel

06-01-2011

I guess the same strategy would work for Eve, wouldn't it? She has similar AS/MS Ulti, plus she can use stealth to cover her while switching lanes / escaping ganks. Even more than that: encouraging enemy heroes to spend their money on Oracles / vision wards is good for not letting them to outfarm your teammates.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuperdad View Post
The other team MUST modify their play or they will lose.
I've had one loss with this build. The other team got wise when we had almost won. Left leblanc back at base while the other four team fought my team. I couldn't get close to finish them off because leblanc killed me with one burst. In the mean time my team lost the team fight because we had a caitlyn who did nothing but feed all game so not, only did my team have a lack of gold but their team was fed. This build does work however if you have good team comp, competent players and a team that knows how to work together. It is a gamble if you solo queue though.

simplygnome

06-01-2011

How fast do you usually start the "I GET GOLD EXTREMELY FAST" phase

paShadoWn

06-02-2011

I had my share of fun with Phantom Dancers (it was a Mundo) and:
- Third Phantom Dancer is a waste (critchance overflow, 50% reduction on movespeed), Bloodthirster after two Phantom Dancers is of much more use;
- Boots of Mobility can be lethal when seriously caught, thus Boots of Swiftness are better (again, ms overflow)

On overall, there is no point in running faster after certain juncture; they cannot kill you anyway and extra dmg is better for backdooring towers.

Pwnteon as counter? A lie; he cannot catch up with two Phantom Dancers. And his ult have a cooldown. Besides, Yi can simply murder him 1v1 and proceed. Without meditating.

A current meta in low elo is in two main streams:
- pick bunch of useless feedlings and go feed
- pick bunch of uber-phats and murderers and go farm feedlings.
Nothing about pushing there.

paShadoWn

06-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorifel View Post
I guess the same strategy would work for Eve, wouldn't it? She has similar AS/MS Ulti, plus she can use stealth to cover her while switching lanes / escaping ganks. Even more than that: encouraging enemy heroes to spend their money on Oracles / vision wards is good for not letting them to outfarm your teammates.
It won't. Eve have pathetic base stats, no Yi/Mundo-like dmgboost+self-heal and inept at early farming. Shaco yes; Eve no.

Lawrencelot

06-02-2011

Would this strategy work for Twisted Fate? Pick teleport and ghost/flash, maybe CDR boots, push everywhere.