The new Yi - 4 or 5 zeal Master Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

How do you watch these replays. I want to see it in action first.

Deinbeck

03-03-2011

this was far too dependant on having a half way intelligent team. I actually got a guy that went 3/25. because I couldn't kill my way out of a paper bag it was hopeless. I don't recommend this ever.

Suuperdad

03-04-2011

If you are teamfighting you are doing it wrong and deserve to lose the game. You can't use this build and play the same 5-ball style that you have been for the last 2 years. That being said, if a teamfight happens, you still do some crazy dps if you played right. You'll be sitting with 3 PD, Wriggles, boots when they are filling their 2nd or 3rd item slot.

@Deinbeck, you can download the replay client at www.leaguereplays.com

zankioh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-04-2011

Well this would've worked nicely, I was blazing fast.
But this game is just so awesome that it rewards you with a 4v5 from the start, then a freeze and crash, and later on a disconnect just as I engage xin. Yay.

Nickicksu

03-20-2011

lol. I remember your veigar build R>W>Q>E. I followed it and proceeded to pwn with veigar
now after about two weeks of using this Yi build.. i have proceeded to pwn with yi
make more guides please, your logic excellently represents that not all people that play this game are 14 year olds that can't think outside of a teamfight. i think macro is undervalued

Drop Dem Gs

03-20-2011

Ive been using the 4v5 + me push towers build with some great success on yi. Early game if they try and teamfight they will lose 1 tower AT LEAST mabye 2 and if somehow we win the 4v5 teamfight then thats 3 towers gone.

Ive been using
Berserker Greaves
Wriggles
Sword of the devine
Ghostblade
Trinityforce.

your thoughts compared to stacking zeals with not much damage?

Aznil

03-22-2011

Most of the time I end up buying Merc boots so I can be more viable in team fights...This build ramps up quick. The hardest part is getting your Wriggle's after that it's beast mode engaged, you get your 4 zeals quick and once you have them NO ONE, not even Panth can catch you. Furthermore, the damage comes from your insanely ridiculous attack speed.

On a side note I use a slight different build past the core Wriggle's/boots/4xZeals. After I have that I get 2 PD's and then sell my 4th zeal for an infinity edge (increased crit dmg...yum) get a 3rd PD, sell boots and Wriggles for Thirsters (I've never actually had a game last long enough to get 2 Thirsters).

Train Wrëx

03-22-2011

Well it has lots of viability to it all in all this build focus's on Yi's pushing power and attack speed with escape options. the extra dmg you need to take out the tower = wuju thats all you need with capped attack speed. if your team wins or loss's that team fight at baron and your pushing bot why would you even consider EVER going back and defending the base against 3-5 hero's who ever survived that fight.... Yi push's towers but he does not have the stopping power to hold a team back from pushing, you should literally keep pushing bot untill someone comes to stop you. sword of the divine can not compare to zeal>pd for several reasons 1. you lose movement speed and yes that means you lose your pushing/retreating power that you are looking for in this pushing Yi build, 2. sword of the divine is useless if you are not fighting jax/udyr/others with high dodge %, this is my opinion you should never get sword of the divine if your looking for attack speed and think some 70 magic dmg every 4th hit and a short armor pen active is worth 2k gold.... I will have to try this build out some time before they fix zeal's/pd's. I still think a normal Yi build push's like a monster on crack and is overall more usefull threw out the game, dont get me wrong pushing is huge in a game and it is amazing what Yi can do to a lane if you give him just that 1 team fight to work with. The biggest weakness in this guide that i see is what happens when your pushing Yi gets shut down threw out the whole game and thus stalls your team's pushing/fighting power with your under minion fed teammates? lucky Yi is an amazing farmer and you can just sell 1 or 2 PD's for some other gear and go about a more all around build but that is a quick fix for Yi not the team. I enjoy the idea of a pure lane/tower pusher that skips pretty much all the fights, this would be amazing if you had a good team that plays smart with a good composition and kept the enemy "busy".

DSkittlez

03-22-2011

so umm i kno the point of the guide is to be a tower pusher But since u already have max AS wouldnt it be best to go with
boots of mobility
PD
PD
PD/tri force/wriggles
cleave/wriggles/tri force
IE

that way u can jump in n help out ur team in those fights if u get caught the way some1 mentioned n cant jus run and leave ur team to go 4v5
or when someone comes to stop u u can defend urself if they send the carry from their team u shud be able to take on all but maybe tryn n ww but u can out run both since with all ur wards u will c them comin

Aznil

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXwH1t3W1d0WXx View Post
...if your team wins or loss's that team fight at baron and your pushing bot why would you even consider EVER going back and defending the base against 3-5 hero's who ever survived that fight.... Yi push's towers but he does not have the stopping power to hold a team back from pushing, you should literally keep pushing bot untill someone comes to stop you.
I agree completely, yesterday I had a pug team that was worst case scenario: expected me to initiate teamfights, whined at me for farming when I was pushing lanes, told me to stop wasting money on wards (all I was putting down was Wriggle's free lanterns), and when I did get in trouble Cho'gath and Garen would run out to try and "save me" they would get killed by the angry mob running after me, and then the rest of the team would try and 2v4 or 2v5 the angry mob and get rofl stomped. I just kept pushing towers and for every tower they took down of mine I took 2 of theirs, we didn't deserve it, but we won.

On a side note, I out ran a teleport w/ Wriggle's/BoM/2 Zeals/2 PDs my victim rage quit.