Stay away from Warwick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlindBanshee

02-04-2010

Just started playing a few days ago and last night I was shooting the breeze with my buddy who turned me onto this game and told him how the hero I was looking forward to playing the most is Warwick. He promptly informed me that Warwick is trash. I asked why and he told me that players are able to use Cleanse to escape his ultimate ability causing Warwick to stand there for two seconds swinging at nothing but air. I asked him how many people were picking Cleanse as one of their spells and he said a lot due to a recent buff. Is he right?

Krosan

02-04-2010

Sort of. At one point it was super common because a buff made it crazy powerful, but then they nerfed it down a bit; I don't play in high ELO matches myself, but it's not ultra common at my level right now.

Basically, just look at the loading screen, mark who on the enemy team has Cleanse, then remember not to ult them (Or Gangplank, who has an ability that does the same thing, I think) unless you're positive they've burned it.

BlindBanshee

02-04-2010

Thanks for the post. Like I said, just started a couple days ago so I'm not gonna be playing high ELO games very soon, was just wanted a few more opinions on the matter.

Orcos

02-04-2010

warwick is an excellent melee char to start with. he is pretty durable and his passive allows him to go toe to toe with other melee champs. with the right runes and item build he has a very very strong early game in the hands of a smart player.

i start with cloth armor 2 health potions and a mana pot, getting madrids razor asap then bouncing in and out of the jungle between waves of minions farming as fast as you can. and at level 6 start looking for opportunities to gank. if you friend plays a champ like karthus or gangplank you can set up some really nasty kills. just be creative and have fun and warwick can take you very far.

Siky

02-04-2010

It's not even a problem of Cleanse, it's that any shield ability or Banshee's Veil (item) also blocks his Ult and that after the 25-30 minute mark, Warwick is no longer a threat because he can't kill anybody if the game is even. If you're winning, he can help push, but if you're losing, he's not going to do anything to help you win.

Edit: I find it funny someone tries to reply with "be creative" with Warwick. You can't. There's really only 1 staple build with Warwick and of course with every build you have variations on certain items that depend on what the opponent's team is made of. You can't play tank Warwick or AP Warwick, all there is for you to play is DPS Warwick.

kastr

02-04-2010

technically just stay away from warwick, unless you dont like to dominate then play him but his ult is the only thing good about him and even then it doesnt dish out amazing damage so dont expect kills unless they are already pretty weak, hes used for jungle control and staying out of a lane so there are two solo lanes for ur team. once he blows his ult he's pretty much a sitting duck that won't even be focus fired because he doesn't do much damage to be a threat, the only kills you'll get is from blowing ur ult on a weak enemy or stealing someone else's kill that's already weak.

im sure there's people who do very well with warwick but against a team that knows what they're doing warwick will be nothing more than that dog who can stun one character for 2 seconds or 3.

SaiBot

02-04-2010

Warwick is the worst character in the game right now.

He cannot do any dammage beside his ult that is easily avoidable.

He's also melee, which is a problem in LoL and he is squishy as hell.

I would suggest you to start playing as Ashe. She is fairly easy to handle and have her place in a team.

BlindBanshee

02-04-2010

These posts are a little disheartening, but thanks for the opinions.

just call me evo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

warwick's really cool, but hugely vulnerable. you'll probably want to start switching up who you pick anyway, so give him a shot, and when you get bored/frustrated, go ahead and give someone else a shot. warwick was the first character I played too. I end up mostly in the support realm, but you'll find what's right for you.

Ligr

02-04-2010

The problem with warwick is that his ultimate get nixed by too many abilities. Cleanse is most prominent, but any teleport-like abilities will do the trick. Kat can shumpo, Kass can port, Trist can jump. He is not a bad jungler, but there are heroes which can do all that he does better than him.