[HELP] Is a comeback even possible in this scenario?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

03-02-2011

If comebacks are possible, imagine this scenario.

Let's say you're a solo mid Ashe, and everything was going smoothly. You held and protected your lane just fine. It was fine until some retarrd decided to feed the enemy's Olaf and Master Yi. Then after the feedfest, the game turned into complete chaos. Our side didn't have a tower down, while the other team has an inhibitor down. The score was 41 to 8. You'd want to know "WHO FED?" so you'd yell at him. You try to surrender knowing that your don't have much of a chance at victory, but 3 people refused. Frustrated and confused, you aren't sure why.

According to some advice a fellow player gave me, that the best counter for Master Yi is an item called thornmail. Which increases your Armor greatly, and reflects damage taken as magic damage. I was told that it's a melee carry's worst nightmare. Here I am thinking, "Armor", isn't that for tanks? For my champions, I limit my item choices to whatever's on the recommended list out of fear of messing up the champion, and the fact that I don't know how to properly build a champion how she's supposed to be built. I tend to treat items as if they were built for that specific champion/type of champion. I still buy oracles and sight wards and use them where the situation really needs it.

The fight was getting desperate so I decided to buy the Thornmail. I didn't go out to fight the two fed champions, but if they come anywhere near me, teammates or the base, I'd have to fight back. When I tried to defend myself from Yi by popping Enchanted Arrow and Ghosting away, I end up 2 shotted. Olaf however, still killed me in one shot. I didn't blame the item, or claimed how wrong the advice was. Maybe I'm not doing this right. Perhaps Ashe was just too squishy. How am I supposed to build when you're fighting overfed players? How do I build situationally.

Also, is there a possible comeback when dealing with players who just defeated Baron and now possess the buff? Usually in my matches, if the winning team has possesion of Baron, it's game over. And the baron buff can turn the tables for losing teams.

I know for a fact that in my future matches, it's going to happen again, and it's happened very frequently, where surrenders are the smart choice. I need help preparing for those scenarios.

Magnus BigBang

03-02-2011

in that scenario probably not. olaf and yi counter ashe because they can't be kited with your slows. if they are fed they will just destroy everyone. need a coordinated team that can chain CC the right person to deal with that.

thornmail counters physical dps but you want to mix that in with some hp. in this case it that one thornmail wouldve helped against yi but against olaf who deals true damage its nothing. against true damage the only thing you can use to counter it if someone with it decides to target you is to have a bigger hp pool.

Crashman1

03-02-2011

One thornmail does not a bruiser make.

FaerellG

03-02-2011

Ashe is too squishy, and Yi and Olaf are her worst nightmares because they can ignore her slows and close the gap. Yi has Alpha strike to close the distance, and olaf just runs at you. (and olaf can resist stuns as well...which is total BS I think).
I don't think you have very good comeback odds in this scenario, but if I had to try, my strategy would be to stack move-speed and just kite them. You can't slow them. So you have to out run them. Slow the rest of their team with volley. You can stun Yi when he pops his Highlander to burn some of its time, but run like crazy and take pot shots.

Crashman1

03-02-2011

Also check this out.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...reshold=guides

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2011

There are certain situations where a team can still win even if it is significantly behind in kills, such as when your team has a better composition.

But 41-8 is not one of them. And especially if you don't even have an inhibitor tower. Even if you did, you would probably still lose to a fed Olaf and Yi due to how well they can towerdive.

SethCypher

03-02-2011

If it was simply a Yi or Olaf, then you could have made a comeback. However, since you have two carries to worry about, the chances are very slim.

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2011

The only thing that would work better is atma's and warmogs or frozen mallet instead of warmogs, atma's gives you some armor so you don't get insta creamed and crit/damage based on hp, warmog for true damage hp and atma's boost, that you can still nail em.

IE, PD, Bloodthirster, atma's, warmog you MIGHT stand a chance. Not a good one.. But you'd have a chance to kill them before getting eaten.

Wizard975

03-02-2011

In that situation, even if you were the same level the Yi and Olaf no doubt have their entire item builds full. Not much you can do against them (I'm assuming you weren't as fed and weren't getting many kills at that point). In a more even match up, similarly leveled/geared characters, a thornmail would be good against a Yi, but as asche you probably still need more hp to make it worth it. Mind you I've never played Asche, so I don't know how to build here, but in general thornmail is very good for more defense against autoattackers.

You (your team, not YOU specifically) had a chance to turn that game around, but it happened 15-20 minutes before the scenario that you explained. If they are 2-shotting you in your base, you ought to surrender.