(Guide) Pantheon, Artisan of War

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormshield

02-06-2010

After playing Pan pretty non-stop since his release, I've found that a full crit build does work well, but you already have the 100% crit chance with hero's under 15% health. Granted 15% isn't a whole lot in most cases, but with my original rune and item build I crit almost every other hit as it is. So putting all of my runes and items to crit chance is a little overkill. But to each their own.

Phage is a fantastic addition to any Pan build providing the much needed HP as well as a slow effect really helps chasing down enemies.

Dendael

02-06-2010

Small note to people wondering:

Spear Throw Is NOT Parley and will NOT crit, it just benefits from your Attack Power.
Same with Heartseeker.

While Aegis benefits from AP.

SheriffLobo

02-06-2010

Recently I tried a more offensive Panth to great success. Granted it's been only three games using the BO, but it's helped make me a serious monster in the mid/mid-late game. So much so that if I'm in a lane solo against two champs...they seem nervous to try and go for the gank.

Basically follows your initial vamp buy stormshield, however instead of going for a starks...I get a Bloodthirster. I tried it after I saw the suggestion on another panth guide (Pantheon, no this is not sparta...or to something similar). After that I aggressively killed minions to fill up the bloodthirster and surprisingly enough...after being able to afford boots, I was able to afford an infinity's edge as well. By this point however, I already had about 3-4 kills and 2 assists. So in a game where you're being more pressured, you may have to forego the infinity's edge for a phage or some sort of defensive weapon. The key is to keep panth frothing at the mouth all the time by jacking up his attack damage. Before the game was over I got a Frozen mallet just in case.

Anyway, the end result was that my heartseeker was doing upwards of 1k and spear throw was doing nearly 300. My final attack damage count was somewhere in the low 300's I believe. My next test on the list is to see what I can get with a full damage page. Regardless, I've gone 12/1/5 and 7/0/2 with this build against at least semi decent teams. Once again, If anyone wants to try it...it's a very high risk build as you will never really have any health over 2k until you go for that mallet.

dripskydrip

02-06-2010

what the heck is stormshield?

Siky

02-06-2010

While playing I as and against Gangplank, I noticed that his Parlay would remove Pantheon's shield passive so I was under the impression that it was blocking it... well this seems to not be true as I ran by a Gangplank late game with about 200HP and Shields up and he just parlay sniped me through my shield.

Can anyone confirm whether or not Gangplank's Parlay is actually blocked by the passive or not? It says normal attacks, but we all know Gangplank's Parlay is unique in how it works.

Unhandled

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2010

You only block the damage. The effect and debuff go through.

Vermifax

02-06-2010

Sheen is not worth it on him. It is base dmg and you want atk dmg. As well as his abilities are not spammable.
If you are having mana issues get catalyst.

DrSkankyNun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshield View Post

As for health... yes it can be an issue... I usually build him to be a glass cannon. I am working on a few more builds and testing them before I post them.
I saw a guy use warmog's and he mainly farmed. Since Pantheon can be a good farming character, his health was was uber high. Side note: he also got a lot of neutral monster kills. If you have a team with a lot of good gankers you can just go back and forth with warmog's pushing lanes back and killing neutral monsters in between.

Vindictiv

02-07-2010

You can ignite and not break HS. Merc boots makes Aegies useless.

Jimmyjames

02-07-2010

@ Siky
Yes you died to grog soaked DOT, but early game that shield is amazing for laning VS plank.. QQ
im a crit stack plank player and it annoys me how effective Panth is at stopping the early game Plank harrassing