Kog'maw Guide to the EXTREME!!!

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarbingerOfPain

03-12-2011

Plz comment and express any opinions you may have on this guide

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stats
Damage 46 (+3 / per level)
Health 440 (+84 / per level)
Mana 255 (+40 / per level)
Move Speed 305
Armor 10 (+3.5 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 1 (+0.11 / per level)
Mana Regen 1.5 (+0.14 / per level)

ABILITIES

Caustic Spittle "Q" - Passive: Increases Kog'Maw's attack speed. Active: Kog'Maw launches a corrosive projectile which deals magic damage and corrodes the target's armor for 4 seconds.
Passive: Increases Attack Speed by 10/15/20/25/30%.

Active: Kog'Maw launches a corrosive projectile which deals 60/110/160/210/260 (+0.7) magic damage and reduces the target's armor by 5/10/15/20/25.

Cost:
60/60/60/60/60 Mana
Range:

Bio-Arcane Barrage "W" - Kog'Maw's attacks gain range and deal a percent of the target's maximum health as magic damage.
Kog'Maw's attacks gain 130/160/190/220/250 range and deal additional magic damage equal to 2/3/4/5/6% (+0.01)% of the target's maximum Health (Max: 100 Damage vs Monsters). Lasts 6 seconds.

Cost:
50/50/50/50/50 Mana
Range:

Void Ooze "E" - Kog'Maw launches a peculiar ooze which damages all enemies it passes through and leaves a trail which slows enemies who stand on it.
Kog'Maw launches ooze which deals 60/110/160/210/260 (+0.7) magic damage to enemies it passes through.

Additionally, it leaves a trail which slows enemies by 28/36/44/52/60% for 4 seconds.

Cost:
80/90/100/110/120 Mana
Range:

Living Artillery "R" - Kog'Maw fires a living artillery shell at a great distance dealing damage and revealing targets. Additionally, multiple Living Artilleries in a short period of time cause them to cost additional mana.
Kog'Maw fires artillery from a great distance. After a short delay, the artillery falls dealing 80/120/160 (+0.3) magic damage and reveals targets for 4 seconds (deals 150% bonus damage to Champions).

Each subsequent Living Artillery in the next 6 seconds costs 40/40/40 additional mana (Max 200).

Cost:
40/40/40 Mana
Range:

Icathian Surprise "Passive" - Upon dying, Kog'Maw starts a chain reaction in his body which causes him to move faster and detonate after 4 seconds; dealing 100 + (25 x lvl) true damage to surrounding enemies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to Review these Abilities
"Q"-The attack speed passive is useful for hitting...well...faster...yea, so the attack part of this ability is not particularly useful but nice for a quick attack at the AD champ attacking you :P

"W"-Say hello to your Bread and Butter this ability is what makes Kog'maw so dangerous to everything from tanks to squishy carries. The range on this ability when maxed is just ridiculous and when combined with Madred's Bloodrazor you will be able to chew through ANYTHING!

"E"-this ability is the only thing that Kog'maw has that could be used for escaping. Throw it in the path of the person chasing you to slow them allowing you to flee to safety. Also the damage on this late game is not particularly high so throw it in the PATH of the enemy to slow them enough for your team or you to get them.

"R"-Kog'maw's *funnest* ability. you are able to use it to harass during the laning phase. You are able to use it to scout a bush throughout the whole game. you can use it to get that squishy trying to get away. The possibilities are endless TIP-This ability let's you see the area where it is about to land and (if it hits anything) the target(s) afterwords-USE IT TO SCOUT FROM A SAFE DISTANCE! this has saved me and my team from running into an ambush ALOT!

CORE ITEM GUIDE
Madred's Bloodrazor-+30 Attack Damage +40% Attack Speed +25 Armor UNIQUE Passive: On hit, deals Magic Damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health.

THIS IS A MUST HAVE...if i need to tell you why...go away >:|

Berserker's Greaves-+25% Attack Speed UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 2.

This is what i would recommend unless the opposing team is VERY AP or AD focused then get the respective defensive boots...remember you can't kill stuff if your dead...wait Kog'maw can so...nevermind just remember that being dead is bad.

Nashor's Tooth-+50% Attack Speed +55 Ability Power +10 Mana Regeneration per 5 UNIQUE Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 25%

This item may be the biggest issue people may have with my build but this Item is the perfect fit for this build. attack speed helps you get more damage from madreds ability the ability power makes all of your abilities do more damage INCLUDING your "W" which can increase you damage output by ALOT and Cooldown reduction and mana regeneration are ALWAYS nice

The rest of the items your gonna want are completely situational
-your owning everything in your path- get Last Whisper to turn you G-G-Godlike!
-opposing team is AP focused- Get Banshee's veil
-opposing team is AD focused- Get Wriggle's lantern+a cheap health item(kog has no HP)
-Your team is losing and you got gold starved- Get Aegis of the Legion (cheap and helpful)

and always remember to adjust your build depending on your opponents (#1 mistake made by beginners)

MASTERIES
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
This is my personal taste on how you put the masteries...if you disagree throw a link and a comment telling me why...remember where trying to help people here

RUNES
Red-armor penetration or attack speed (OM NOM NOM TANK!)
Yellow-attack speed or mana regeneration (mana for staying in lane longer)
Blue-(i dont like the blues so put whatever you want, within reason of course)
Purple(Quintessence)-FLAT HP (you are squishy...now you are less squishy)

SPELLS
Flash-you have no escape abilities (except mabey "E") so this can save your rear...remember flash behind a wall/group of minion/your buddies

Teleport-this is by far one of the best abilities in game...is top getting approached by a group of minions? *POOF* there you are! you make a mistake during laning phase and have to go back early? *POOF* Your back! Your group pushing mid but your at base? *POOF* your ready to help. DO IT!

THE MATCH!
Early game
Mid-Kog'maw is okay at mid it lets you get lots of exp quickly and there's no competing for last hits

side lane-DO NOT SOLO LANE AGAINST TWO GUYS...you WILL die(probably, unless your opponents SUCK!)

now the ideal situation is being partnered with somebody with a stun or a good slow...preferably somebody durable. This will let you harass the enemy like no other and mabey get you a kill. but remember DONT GET GREEDY and stay in lane as long as possible...and last hit minions like a pro

Mid game
(THIS IS THE SAME NO MATTER WHAT!)
stay behind your group using your "W" to kill tanks and durable champs at a safe distance throw your "R" to weaken or last hit a running squishy (OR SCOUT THAT BUSH OVER THERE!!!) and remember...TRY NOT TO DIE!

Late game
Basically the same freaking thing as Mid game-you are a Damage Dealer so FREAKING DO SOME DAMAGE! (remember your focus is to stay a safe as possible distance and chew the tank and "R" running squishies and "E" slowing your opponents giving time for your group to regroup)

HELPFUL TIPS
# Last hitting is important you are VERY item dependent
# Kog'Maw can outrange most champions with his Bio-Arcane Barrage ability.
# Use Void Ooze to set up a Living artillery.
# Make the most out of your Passive

THE BIGGEST TIP
this...is...a...TEAM GAME!!! your kill/death ratio doesn't matter! The only thing that matters is the whole group. And if you see a buddy trying to get blue buff DON'T TAKE IT! and ALWAYS be respectful of your teammates remember you only have to nice to them for one match.

AND REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN!

and if any of you disagree with my build WITHOUT reading it, well lets just say...I find your lack of Faith disturbing LOLOLOLOLOLOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4T7_XI7WM

HarbingerOfPain

03-12-2011

does anyone know how you get a guide into the guide directory thing?

i would be very grateful is somebody explained that to me

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2011

You just have to post it in the thread and it will get posted if it meets the requirements outlined on the first page of the thread.

HarbingerOfPain

03-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seelyon View Post
You just have to post it in the thread and it will get posted if it meets the requirements outlined on the first page of the thread.
Thank you!

Aeonstorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarbingerOfPain View Post
THE BIGGEST TIP
this...is...a...TEAM GAME!!! your kill/death ratio doesn't matter! The only thing that matters is the whole group. If you see an opportunity to save your team that would probably kill you? DO IT! and if you see a buddy trying to get blue buff DON'T TAKE IT! and ALWAYS be respectful of your teammates remember you only have to nice to them for one match."
This is incorrect, if you are going DPS kog, as your build seems to be geared towards. DPS kog outputs huge dmg while alive. And only while alive. He should never die - much better to let your tanks die and pick off chasing enemies, or retreat and def tower with higher range and loads of dmg. Even though your passive does seem to encourage dying, as a ranged carry, you need to always position yourself so that you don't die or you become useless, as you have pretty much no burst but insane sustained dmg.

Warrrrax

03-14-2011

You really need a Meki->Chalice as a 1st item. This solves his mana issues and the MR is very helpful since he doesnt otherwise get it.

Malady is usually used over Nashers. He doesnt much need the AP, and CDR is nice but hardly necessary. Malady adds the same AS, and +20 magic damage per hit, plus the magic resist shred. Its also 1k cheaper...

Vaydp

03-14-2011

My favourite mana solution for Kog is Tear > Archangels, since with his low cooldown artillery it's not hard to max out the mana bonus, and the staff will give you enough ability power on its own to add another 1% max health with bio arcane barrage

HarbingerOfPain

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Tsarnious View Post
My favourite mana solution for Kog is Tear > Archangels, since with his low cooldown artillery it's not hard to max out the mana bonus, and the staff will give you enough ability power on its own to add another 1% max health with bio arcane barrage
personally i think that is a waste of gold since if you HAVE to have some mana regen chalice of harmony is way cheaper and provides a little magic resist...however this game is made to have fun so whatever works for you.

HarbingerOfPain

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
You really need a Meki->Chalice as a 1st item. This solves his mana issues and the MR is very helpful since he doesnt otherwise get it.

Malady is usually used over Nashers. He doesnt much need the AP, and CDR is nice but hardly necessary. Malady adds the same AS, and +20 magic damage per hit, plus the magic resist shred. Its also 1k cheaper...
since i take yellow runes as magic regen and the few things increasing mana regen in the masteries i almost never have mana regen problems....i might have to take a try to that malady tho to see if i like it.

HarbingerOfPain

03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonstorm View Post
This is incorrect, if you are going DPS kog, as your build seems to be geared towards. DPS kog outputs huge dmg while alive. And only while alive. He should never die - much better to let your tanks die and pick off chasing enemies, or retreat and def tower with higher range and loads of dmg. Even though your passive does seem to encourage dying, as a ranged carry, you need to always position yourself so that you don't die or you become useless, as you have pretty much no burst but insane sustained dmg.
good sir i believe you may be right...so i removed that part from my guide...thank you for your input

12345 ... 6