How to counter Irelia mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dogsdogsdogs

03-02-2011

counter her in what situation? as a ranged carry? carry 5 hp pots and cloth armor, harrass her early from level and be aggressive before she is high enough to combo you.

MasterCrow

03-02-2011

Just because you play ashe doesnt mean you have to have mid, using this as an example, not trying to be an arse but offer advice. Sometimes if the matchups are bad you should swap with someone else.

Delthanin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCrow View Post
Just because you play ashe doesnt mean you have to have mid, using this as an example, not trying to be an arse but offer advice. Sometimes if the matchups are bad you should swap with someone else.
I'm not opposed to lane swaps. I wasn't necessarily asking "how to counter Irelia as a ranged carry", I was more asking about who best to swap with versus her.

The particular game in question, it didn't really matter. I think the other 4 were premade, and both top and bot had like 3-4 deaths each during laning with no kills. Couldn't get them to play safe and hug a tower, couldn't really get a lane swap going. They were just sort of doing their own thing.

I was actually dominating the TF in mid until he swapped with Irelia.

This wasn't a "oh, boohoo, I lost a game, Irelia OP, OMGNERF!" This was a sort of "Huh... she's pretty dang strong and tough to handle, and I'm struggling to stop her farm. I need some advice on who best to use or swap out for to counter her in the future."

FearlessBunny

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delthanin View Post
I'm not opposed to lane swaps. I wasn't necessarily asking "how to counter Irelia as a ranged carry", I was more asking about who best to swap with versus her.

The particular game in question, it didn't really matter. I think the other 4 were premade, and both top and bot had like 3-4 deaths each during laning with no kills. Couldn't get them to play safe and hug a tower, couldn't really get a lane swap going. They were just sort of doing their own thing.

I was actually dominating the TF in mid until he swapped with Irelia.

This wasn't a "oh, boohoo, I lost a game, Irelia OP, OMGNERF!" This was a sort of "Huh... she's pretty dang strong and tough to handle, and I'm struggling to stop her farm. I need some advice on who best to use or swap out for to counter her in the future."
Honestly, you should always try to put Irelia/Xin/Pantheon mid with a few exceptions (Karthus on your team, or kassadin and the opposing team will put a caster mid)

They simply hard counter almost all mages and ranged carries with ease. Just go cloth+ 5 pots or mantle+2 pots and play extremely aggressive. This will force the opponent to bluepill before you making you snowball

Thermaltake

03-02-2011

once Irelia is lvl 3 you will probably die.. just saying.. i get all my kills at lvl 3.. so if u havnt killed her or seriously weakened her .. dont bother.. just last hit and keep the minions close to your turret til you can grab a gank on her

gameboi597

03-02-2011

IF you play a champ with a stun, save it for whenever you think she will lash at you, or for when you want to harass. Even then, use it, get 1 or 2 hits, and get out, or she will steamroll you.

Bear On A Tree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2011

ask sydtko how did he pwn her with gangplank =] i really want to find out also. I recently went against her 1 v 1 with xin it was even, but soon her stun became annoying giving her the upper advantage before i could knock her up. zz but end game we just cc her to hell then i just went in for the kill.

XcellR8

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misere Do Queijo View Post
Malphite, xin, renek and other bruisers are good picks

just make sure u dont get stunned close to a turret
malphite does 0 dmg to her and ends up oom and needing to b after 2 min xin cant do much either, renek seems good enough pre 6....

SirCumference

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcellR8 View Post
malphite does 0 dmg to her and ends up oom and needing to b after 2 min xin cant do much either, renek seems good enough pre 6....
What planet are you living on?

XcellR8

03-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCumference View Post
What planet are you living on?
ok then you tell me how is malphite supposed to counter irelia?
spam spells? if he gets dorans ring he can spam a bit more but got no health regen so irelia can just force him to b if he gets dorans shield irelia can just ignore him and farm she outheals the harass...