How to counter Irelia mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delthanin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2011

Yes, I'm a noob. I need to L2P. That's exactly why I'm asking this. To L2P.

The answer is not a ranged carry, either. As it turns out, she doesn't give much of a **** if you're ranged.

Some help please?

EDIT: Just so there's no confusion, gonna put up here what I stated later in the thread.

Quote:
This wasn't a "oh, boohoo, I lost a game, Irelia OP, OMGNERF!" This was a sort of "Huh... she's pretty dang strong and tough to handle, and I'm struggling to stop her farm. I need some advice on who best to use or swap out for to counter her in the future."

Sizu

03-02-2011

Reduce her hp to zero before your hp hits ze ro.

NDenizen

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizu View Post
wtf different font?

****in voodoo genie magic D<

anyway, depends on your champion.

dorkbrains

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2011

honestly all you need to do is worry about farming. don't try harassing, if you harass, she'll harass back and it'll hurt a lot.

if you're ranged, then at about level 6 she's going to try to kill you, your best bet is staying on or really close to your tower.

watch dan dinh's to teach a man to fish videos they will tell you how to keep your creeps on your side. very helpful vs an irelia.

Chairman Stalin

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizu View Post
This guy has the correct counter.

IS156133c1cc400f6a20029

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delthanin View Post
Yes, I'm a noob. I need to L2P. That's exactly why I'm asking this. To L2P.

The answer is not a ranged carry, either. As it turns out, she doesn't give much of a **** if you're ranged.

Some help please?
If you're a carry like ashe, then just harass her when she's low levels. She won't get any lasts hits.
If you're malz or something just use your E on her at level 3's and basic attack when she gets in range

Randomization

03-02-2011

Heavy nuker.

Anivia, Cho, and Leblanc come to mind. Silences do a number on her.

Her specialty is fighting against sustained damage, particularly from carries who have lower base damages to work with.

Misere Do Queijo

03-02-2011

Malphite, xin, renek and other bruisers are good picks

just make sure u dont get stunned close to a turret

Aegiswing

03-02-2011

I can't tell you how solid my advice is, as I haven't played Irelia for a while, but here's my two cents
1) Harass her. Repetetively. Then she needs to auto-attack that minion wave for health, which pushes her lane, leaving her open to ganks. Do not put her below your health if you can't take her stun combo.
2)Burst pretty much kills her. Try to get a champion with decent burst damage against her, instead of one with DOT.
3)Don't waste your mana on CC if she gets merc treads.
4)At level 6, don't stand near the minions. Her ult will heal her, wipe the wave, and hurt you. That said, if She ult's, try to get away. Afterwards she tends to be vulnerable.
5)Get a gank going on her, she has no escape aside from a situational stun. Again, don't waste CC's, just try to get her to blow her summoner spells at least.

inb4 posts saying she's op

MagicMagnum

03-02-2011

Hey dude, I may have some helpful advice. I have played a large number of games with Irelia. I would guess it's been about 200 - 250. I did not play a lot of games at mid, but I played enough that I believe myself to have a decent understanding of her capabilities there. Based on my experiences Irelia has:

A good match up against:
Twisted Fate
Ashe

A 50/50 match up against:
Teemo
Vladamir

A bad match up against:
Le Blanc
Kassadin
Karthus
Caitlyn
Anivia

I've never gone against anyone else at mid, but I hope this small list can be somewhat helpful to you.