My first 6K in IP - thinking Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avloren

02-04-2010

You do want to save for T3 runes, don't spend all your IP on champions. But.. what good is a rune page if you don't own a single champion? Sure you might have the greatest Sivir carry rune page, but then the rotation changes, Trist is up instead, and you find you don't enjoy her playstyle as much - you wind up trying a tank or support for which your carry runes are useless. Play the free champions -> pick a free champion you enjoy playing (sounds like Twitch for you) and buy that champion -> buy runes appropriate to that champion. Saving for runes when you can't rely on having the right champion available (one that you enjoy playing and can actually use those runes) is nonsense.

Lateralex

02-04-2010

Good info in this thread, I ordered up the Classic pack for $20. I may spend the points on Twitch, but I'll first be trying out the other heroes - which will give me plenty of time to decide. Rolling it into another pack purchase does sound tempting.

Does the CD box just come with a code that unlocks the 20 guys and gives me the $10 credit? Seems like a waste of paper and a box for a code

Kung Fu English

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralex View Post
Good info in this thread, I ordered up the Classic pack for $20. I may spend the points on Twitch, but I'll first be trying out the other heroes - which will give me plenty of time to decide. Rolling it into another pack purchase does sound tempting.

Does the CD box just come with a code that unlocks the 20 guys and gives me the $10 credit? Seems like a waste of paper and a box for a code
Yes it has the code that you use. It also has the install DVD for people who bought it before downloading it, but of course you don't need that. Just redeem the code in the store. There is a $10 game card in the box as well you can redeem.

I would seriously consider the champs in the champ's bundle before you decide what to do with your 1380 RP that comes with the CE. It has a really good selection including twitch, TF, ashe, nunu, corki (who will be free soon but w/e, basically means a 3 day IP boost if you get it), Jax among others. $15 for all that is pretty solid. If you buy $10 + $5 in RP in the store, you will use all your RP for the champ bundle and have 0 left, which is nice that you won't have any wasted RP.

Zizzefex

02-04-2010

I just recently leveled another account to level 20. You have about 12k IP at the time you reach level 20. I just barely got a full book of T3 Runes (full as in I have all the first 20 slots available filled with t3 runes... not all 30 slots) before I ran out of IP.

Synxxx

02-05-2010

In the future, if there's an expensive champion that you really want to play; wait until it pops up in the free rotation, and just play the hell out of it for that entire week. 9/10 times you'll be sick of that champion by the time the week is over, and you'll have saved yourself a bunch of IP.