My first 6K in IP - thinking Twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeanBean

02-04-2010

I would buy a full page of tier 1 runes first because it really is dirt cheap. Skip the tier 2 runes ofcourse and save for the tier 3 runes. Personally I dont think any champ is worth 6k, I would wait till he gets cheaper.

Oh, and twitch is still one of (if not the) best carries in the game still if thats your playstyle.

SaiBot

02-04-2010

If you want to be good and competitive at the game, buy T3 runes with your IP.

If your more a casual, 3 games per week, type of guys, you should buy the heros your having fun with.

Twitch has just been nerfed, but I think he is still a strong pick.

Lateralex

02-04-2010

I think I am going to go for Twitch. I currently have no heroes of my own, so perhaps I'll save up for T3 runes by the time I'm level 20...

Does Twitch see "competitive" play at all, or is he mainly for pub games?

Elad

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralex View Post
I think I am going to go for Twitch. I currently have no heroes of my own, so perhaps I'll save up for T3 runes by the time I'm level 20...
Each of my tier 3 rune pages was over 17,000 IP. Save your IP for runes. You can find the Collector's pack for $20 with free shipping here, which comes with $10 worth of riot points. You can use the riot points to purchase Twitch. So for $20 you get the following 21 champions (if you buy Twitch).
  • Alistar
  • Amumu
  • Annie
  • Cho'gath
  • Evelynn
  • FiddleSticks
  • Janna
  • Kayle
  • Malphite
  • Morgana
  • Nasus
  • Rammus
  • Ryze
  • Sivir
  • Teemo
  • Tristana
  • Tryndamere
  • Twitch
  • Veigar
  • Warwick
  • Zilean

Degini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elad View Post
Each of my tier 3 rune pages was over 17,000 IP. Save your IP for runes. You can find the Collector's pack for $20 with free shipping here, which comes with $10 worth of riot points. You can use the riot points to purchase Twitch. So for $20 you get the following 21 champions (if you buy Twitch).
  • Alistar
  • Amumu
  • Annie
  • Cho'gath
  • Evelynn
  • FiddleSticks
  • Janna
  • Kayle
  • Malphite
  • Morgana
  • Nasus
  • Rammus
  • Ryze
  • Sivir
  • Teemo
  • Tristana
  • Tryndamere
  • Twitch
  • Veigar
  • Warwick
  • Zilean
You don't even need to buy a hard copy. The riot store sells the bundles digitally

Lateralex

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degini View Post
You don't even need to buy a hard copy. The riot store sells the bundles digitally
I'd rather buy it digitially, but they are different packs being offered in the store. I don't see the Collector's pack there at all, there are larger, more expensive packs.

GG Crono

02-04-2010

The best thing to do is always to wait until the champion you're considering comes up in the free play rotation and try them a few times before you take the plunge.

Elad

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degini View Post
True, but the riot store doesn't sell them for $20.

Klazzix

02-04-2010

To all the people telling this person to save for runes, gtfo. He's level 12. He's got enough time to save for runes, he won't really benefit much from it UNTIL he's level 30. 18 levels is MORE than enough games to save for runes. Get that character you enjoy OP. Peace.

Kung Fu English

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralex View Post
I'd rather buy it digitially, but they are different packs being offered in the store. I don't see the Collector's pack there at all, there are larger, more expensive packs.
Collector's pack is 30 digital, 20 in gamestop or target or on that website. So you save 10 right there. You only need to redeem the code from the game box so if you can go buy it it's easy.

Then with your 10 in points from the collectors pack you can buy champs bundle for 15 more which includes twitch and tf and such. And that gives you 40 chars for 35 bucks. Was worth it for me and they were able to give me an IP refund for chars I had already bought.

If you don't want to spend any cash, just buy Twitch with your IP. You can't really go wrong with him he is very good.

I would not buy the collector's pack and then use the RP from that to buy twitch. It will use basically all your RP and you will miss out on using that for the champs bundle which is really a better bundle than the collectors pack.