I can't stop losing!! Advice please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mrdudefool

02-04-2010

The reason is simple:

Pushing is better then kills. This is the thing i find with top tier champs such as karthus and twitch, they only gank and kill, never push. Ive seen plenty of twitches that had 30+ kills but still lost because he got cocky and died, then his whole team died, then the other team pushed and won. If that twith with 30+ kills actually bothered to push, he would have won, simple as that.

miltow

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by weizur View Post
The best advice I can give is to start q dodging obvious failboat captains. I've had about 80% win percentage since I started aggresive q dodging. Also learn and get good with dps carries as they are the ones who can overcome really bad baddies on your team sometimes.

Some people to dodge

Anyone with a taunt in their name
anyone with numbers in their name

anyone with a nonsensical name/non pronouncable
gragas, heimerdinger, eve (at higher levels)
anytime the team make up is really bad like all dps or all tanks or whatever
if someone takes revive or maybe clarity
if someone says something stupid

you get the idea
I totally don't agree with those three

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

We all hit losing streaks, I just hit my second long one 2 days ago. Best thing you can do, is keep trying, and play your best champ. Try to make friends in game that you can premade with that are good for your level. Also try to make sure your best champ is a decent champ and can support the team, more than hurt it.

for example: gragas, at this moment, just can not be competitive at decent ELOs, cause he is too hard to make valid use of his skills, and he has no cc. He may be able to solo with, but offers little team support despite a ult that sometimes hurts your team more than it helps your team.

Gekkonidae

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bad Idea View Post
The matchmaking in this game isn't perfect. Maybe it really is just horrid luck on your part. I've had bad luck days where I keep getting paired with a team of lvl 30's when I solo queue as a lvl 25.

Although you already addressed it, part of the game is also about cooperation and teamwork, moving together as a group, calling out orders to follow so that the group stays on track, keeping your allies informed about missing enemies and so forth. A team who cooperates well can come back even with the score is 10-42 in the enemy's favor; I can't count the number of times I thought I had a game in the bag, when suddenly one of the enemy champs almost completely mops up one of our lanes and gets to our inhibitor... and I can't even count the number of times where a slipup like that ACTUALLY cost me the game. That's not entirely in your power, of course, but having good communication skills really counts in the long run.

I cannot account for your skill level, so I won't try to teach you what you already know. Just try and stay positive, make the most of your team and work with them no matter what the circumstances (unless your teammates don't speak English. I had a strange encounter with a Teemo player who I could never warn properly because he typed in Russian). If you've got a horrendous player who's feeding nonstop, use him as bait to set up an ambush! If you are failing to make progress pushing a lane, ask to swap with one of your teammates! Be alert, and be vocal!

edit: Oh, also I don't approve of q-dodging. My brother who's lvl 15 plays a rather solid Heimerdinger when we queue up together against lvl 20+ players. Every champion has their strengths; it simply relies on the player to bring them out.
Best advice in entire thread imo

Zombie Irwin

02-04-2010

I've never bothered with queue dodging even when I know I should (4-5 melee in a group, heals/revives, etc.) Sometimes I like the challenge of knowing I'm with a bad group. It can be fun to play against the odds even if you lose - yeah I know most won't agree with that but I guess I'm just weird.

Been playing just under 3 weeks and I've gotten the hang of udyr pretty well and have gone 61-43 with no queue dodging and quite a few partial premades with people who aren't any good. I've had games where I thought we had a rape group (twitch+shaco or some other good combo) and then we failed. I've also had games where we had a heimer and warwick on the team and we ended up steamrolling the other team just because they lacked teamwork or were just bad.

It's also my opinion that you learn more from losses than wins.

YoonieDaCutie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Try googling "the guide to classifying by player name" and read the Cached version of the first result you get.

It's basically a decent guide to queue dodging by player name. Another thing I could add is probably to try to talk to your team during champion selection to get a feel of whether they are good or not. (Not replying is generally bad)

MightyBolamite

02-04-2010

Oooh tough stuff man.
My lvl 11 was terrible too. I lvl'd from 11 to 12 on nothing but losses.
My best advice: add some good players in your games, and then invite them to play, slowly growing a base of trusted teammates. I still play with a few good buddies that way.

SkepticalMind

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by weizur View Post
The best advice I can give is to start q dodging obvious failboat captains. I've had about 80% win percentage since I started aggresive q dodging.
First reply, best reply.

Sure it's ridiculous to offer a mechanic like queue dodging up as a solution to this problem, but at the moment it's totally valid. If your goal in LoL is to win, you must aggressively do whatever you can to accomplish that. Premade, queue dodge, totally ridiculous team comps, etc.

The fact is the matchmaking system is 100% broken and queue dodging allows you to apply a manual filter to the people you are (seemingly) randomly matched up with. I generally play for fun and only leave a queue if someone is afk or a known leaver. However, if I aggressively dodge bad team compositions, I can easily achieve an 80%+ win ratio.

My advice is to just accept that matchmaking is broken and this kinda thing is going to heppen. Maybe make new accounts solely for fun/goofing until ranked play begins or the MM system is revised.

Resilga

02-04-2010

But...! When I try to exit the queue it says it will mark a "leave" on my record right? Does that mean that all of you are okay with having like 40-something leaves for every 50 or so games you play?

Am I doing something wrong where I could be dodging while receiving no marks on my record?

How important is it that I try to preserve this?

Thanks again for the advice. I've been winning a bit more now lately.

SUCH a bummer to get a bad start and have your entire team thinking you are some kind of idiot loser by having like 2 or even 3 deaths before level 6... Discouraging as hell. Sometimes even jungling can't help me come back fast enough like when I'm level 12 and everyone else is 17 or so. I try to be present for ganks but one always gets me just before they die so I miss out on the xp.

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

02-05-2010

The bad start issue is more of a moral defeat really. There are several lane compositions that can just kill you instantly at level 6 when they both drop their ults on you and there's nothing you can do about it if you still want to stay close enough to get exp. Some compositions can kill you at level 3. There are even some that can result in a first blood before the creeps spawn.

Dying at low level isn't a problem, you just need to avoid trying to even the score too quickly (like before you've made up the level difference). If you've died once or twice before level 6, you're guaranteed to to die again at level 6 and now you're down 0-3. So be it; those heroes will become useless in the endgame and you can gank them back if you don't panic in the meantime.