I can't stop losing!! Advice please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ðeceiver

02-03-2010

i didnt read every post, so sorry if its already been suggested or other wise done with.

but you said you play with your girl friend.
i tend to play with my boy friend, we were in the same boat, but i started to notice more then less it was the people the team set up put us with that were the real problem.

so what we did was.. take diffrent lanes, id go in one he would go in another one that way you know two lanes have semi compatent players in being your self and your other half.

i found that it helped a little, it didnt make it so we win every game, i still suck a little and still learning, but you may want to try this, it did make a diffrence... its almost like trying to carry your lane even if you are not playing a carryer, and it can be fustrating.

but just an idea, hope it helps!

Szabster

02-03-2010

Q dodging people with less popular heroes (insert hero names) is not always the best solution. There are players who love the hell out of a champion and learn to play them pretty well. I started playing Gragas on tuesday and most of the times I had the lowest death in team and highest assists. I do Q dodge however people with heal/revive or mostly revive with anything... Plus obvious ones like Clarity on Tryndamere. You can't really dodge all the bad players this way but you won't start bashing your head against into your keyboard cause tryndamere is running around with 3 boots and clarity... However I still don't like players who think now that anivia is free it's the best time to play her in solo without trying her. Of course they say it at the very beginning of the match or when they are in 0/3/0. These things happen, don't give up. Try to add to your friendlist those people who played well enough on your team, talk to them, maybe you can find some good buddies to play with. 80% of the times we win when im in a premade with my friends. It's rather 50% when im in a solo. (50% means you either win or lose XD )

The other thing is, be careful at the very beginning of the match. You never know whether your opponents are pros or noobs. After a couple of lvls you will know who to be afraid of. Try to team up with a ranged when you're a melee. Harass your opponents when you can but don't forget to last hit creeps, and ONLY go in for a kill (no towerdiving) when you are a 100% SURE that you can get it. Don't count on miracles or teammates who are not on vent with your or you don't know them well enough. They will rather save themselves than you. (And that's what you should do too) After lvl 6-7-8, try to get your team to set up ganks or just push a lane together. Get their towers down, and their champions when you can. It is really demoralizing to see 3 of your towers down when you haven't taken down any. Always look out for the WEAKEST player on the other team, gank him as often with your mates as you can. Don't try to take down the strongest champion alone, there is a reason why he was fed that much. Ok, it might be your teammate who is a complete noob but he might be really good with that champion. You never know. Look out for people with oracle, or mejai, they are your team's primary targets. (It's really annoying to lose one third of your mejai stack plus you weaken them by a lot.)

I don't know why people don't like Gragas, a well aimed ulti can push two of your opponents into your team, and with a little luck he can also slow them down with a body slam. The rest is up to the carries. Yay for champions with drinking problem!

sainthero

02-03-2010

tl;dr I lose 10 games in a row everytime i get to +60 wins. Matchmaking isn't always good.

hatsoz

02-04-2010

At level 10, I played arranged team with my level 13 friend in real life who is pretty decent. At the time, I had a 2W:3L ratio, and we played about 3 straight matches against teams containing between 2-3 level 30 summoners and were totally owned each match. I wasn't the best player in the world and still am not, but the game time to hit level 30 and all of the masteries and runes available certainly didn't help.

That said, try solo queueing until you have 4 amazing or better level 30 friends online at a time, since arranged teaming apparently adds a ridiculous amount of ELO ranking handicap regardless of how few of you there are and how low your current ELO ranking is.

Solo queueing can have its bad moments too. I've lost tons of games because my teammates just continue to run off on their own and die when the opponents are obviously traveling as a 5 man gank squad. After 30 minutes of this, you are just begging to be put down. These same people are not likely to respond to text communication since I send some polite, then increasingly frustrated messages, before resigning myself to a wasted hour, since these are also the same people who will never surrender a game (since they are clearly just about to bounce back from their stellar 0/20/0 hero kill records).

Continue making friends, especially level 30s who are awesome, and with some effort, you will be able to host some pre-mades. On the off chance that you are paired against players of skill level near that of your godlike team, you can put on your super serious face, otherwise, just take the free wins provided by the matchmaking service.

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

I tried a few more games last night after all this uplifting advice and although I did not do 100% masterfully-awesome, I did win 3 out of 4 games using Malphite (playing it safe and contributing as a full tank since no one wants to be a tank ever).

I tried to tell people to slow down and let me initiate, I told people to wait before engaging (instead of being vague, it really helps to talk to them by name or player instead of just saying "wait before engaging mid", it seems obvious now that I'm saying it but it just never came to me before), I hardly ever tower-dove and I also scoured the map for one who I identified as their weakest player as well as someone I could go toe-to-toe with and win.

I think another thing that helped was that malphite being a tank had room for mistakes without having to commit too much to them. No one wanted to gank me as it would have been a huge pain (love that 10% extra armor passive).

I guess I hope that I won't HAVE to be the tank 90% of the time because characters that I enjoy such as Karthus or Kassadin require more practice and can get squashed easily. I hate dying with them after having bought items that only work if you stay alive for a long time.

Identifying the weak link on your team and using him rather than hating is also a great strategy.

Maybe I'll rewrite in my original post in bulleted form all the ideas that were contributed because this turned out to be extremely constructive.

I'll bump if I have more questions

Brozan

02-04-2010

Most people claim to hate q dodgers, but man, I LOVE you guys.

I hate leaving, so I usually won't, but thank god one of the other 3 (not counting the person who deserves being dodged) will drop out. Or, I'll do/say something amazingly stupid to bait someone into dropping. Something like "OMG im gonna try gragas, but my mastarie/run3s are set for yi!"

Doing this I have 1 leave because I left queue to queue up with my brother, but I very rarely get stuck with horrid players.

Edit - One other thought, but read guides on OTHER champs. Learn their strengths and weaknesses based on people who actually play and know them.

Almitt

Adjudicator

02-04-2010

Resilga, this probelm sure is a hard one too get out of.
there are a few ways too effectivly get out of this though.

First, if you are queuing with a team, try to get a FULL team, as you will have too rely on luck for a good random if you dont.

Second, as i think is mentioned, if your constantly playing against bad teams, learn too play one of the good dps carrys. As i read it, you have a decent morgana that plays with you sometimes, have her babysit you, aka attack everything that comes in range of you, and you should be fine to farm.

Third: Tanks are awesome, always remember that. in low level games you will be the constant focus, and you can easily babysit a carry. Most tanks are also very good gankers and pushers. if you are getting bored playing a tank, go of and play gankstyle rammus for a while (building some health and abysmal scepter)

Also, when playing with friends, make sure too have good communications with both yourselfs and your team. always be ready too run of and save another lane if they are getting ganked and so on, if you get the feel that you are the only competent players, dont split up, rather make sure you are always close too the action and keep laneswitching.

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by weizur View Post
Some people to dodge
(...)
anyone with a nonsensical name/non pronouncable
I've had one or two people act like this but Enai Siaion really is valid Enochian.

Anyway, a few more clues I've found:

- Obvious low level summoner spells. This means Ghost and to a lesser degree Heal. I found I got queue dodged less when I removed Ghost... even though I'm still consistently getting grouped with people twice my level and I actually miss that spell a lot. But Teleport makes me look more leet hardcore.

- Revive is a bad omen unless there are 2-3 Revive people in the team, which means this is a lowbie game - and the opposition is either just as low level except for one person or slightly higher level than your teammates across the board. Either way, you stomp.

- A team consisting entirely of random weekly free heroes. Your team is not only low level, but they will also way underperform with these heroes because they don't know how to use them. Meanwhile, there is a good chance that the opponents are playing their favourite heroes and will pwn your team so you lose despite your stellar K/D score.

- A team consisting entirely of expensive heroes is a problem if you're not high level yourself. This is the worst game because the opponents are likely to be almost as high level as your team. This means you're going to be the pinball. To win such a game, basically don't do anything so you don't feed. If your team loses, it will be your fault, too.

Eviant

02-04-2010

Actually something that I found, was take leadership. I was doing a 4v5 in a horribly wrong Solo queued match...(The only other good player had DC'd 10 mins in...) and playing Eve (As we all know, Eve has Issues with team fighting) However, simply by taking leadership, and Doing everything I knew how to, I managed to get them to follow, and to also start turning the tables. Sadly, I DC'd, and a few mins later, they surrendered, just before I got back.

All I'm saying is, don't give up, and people will follow your lead, if for no other reason than they know nothing better to do.

(Also, if you have one or two decent players, backdooring can always be beneficial, as long as you back off, and target another place.)

Oh, and for the post just above me, Ghost is not a bad spell. It has many more uses than teleport, and can be used for the same thing Teleport can...Just add a couple of seconds

Weebus

02-04-2010

I haven't read through all of the comments, but I've been experiencing something pretty similar.

I'm level 16 currently, I solo queue almost exclusively during the week. Up until about three days ago, I had around a 70% win rate, was normally one of the top on kills, on the low end of the deaths, etc. However, out of the last 15 or so games, I have literally won one game. I know I'm not the best player, but I'm not bad.

Honestly, I have to attribute it to bad luck. In over half of these games, I've had 1-2 leavers/afkers pretty quick into the match. Worst part is, we were usually winning up until the point they left. The rest of the games, my team has just been straight up severely out matched. I'm talking complete blowouts, usually due to 1-2 absolutely awful feeders on my team. After the game, I always look and see straight level 30s on the other team while our team has one level 30, a couple mid 20's, and someone else in the teens. In almost every game I've played, I've been the top player on my team in kills and fewest deaths.

To me, it seems like the matchmaking system is doing something wrong. At level 16, there's no reason I should be going against a full team of level 30s. I've never seen a person at a lower level than me on the enemy team. However, in a few of the games I've had single digit leveled teammates. I know level doesn't really correlate to skill, but there is something to be said for a full book of runes, talents, etc. Not to mention, they probably have more games with the character they used under their belt than I have total games played.

At this point, I really don't know what to do. It's really not fun going into a match and getting completely obliterated in a 5v4 or against a team of people that out-skill every one of us constantly.

I guess I should start queue dodging.