[Mini-Guide] How NOT to play Parthenon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugenaught

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Parthenon is a nuke (srot've)/tank (+lifesteal)/poison/ganker/stunner. You'd think he'd be easy to play, and would team nicely with a magic nuke.

To my dismay, I learned some good tips on how not to play Parthenon while watching a lvl 30 summoner play:

*Always steal your laning partners minion kills, as Annie's a slow and weak hitter, even if they ask you nicely to stop and go out of their way to target minions far away from you.
*After depriving your laning partner of gold for items, run away and hide in a bush for two minutes, while your partner is assaulted by opponents, and attempt to kill steal at the last second. If your laning partner is struggling in a 2v1, run away.
*Don't bother attacking the enemy tower despite being asked to after your laning partner, Annie, miraculously kills two opponents by herself. After your laning partner slowly whittles the tower to 20% of it's health, go in and steal a tower kill.
*Who needs attack speed items, when you squander all of your gold on lifesteal?
*Why bother upgrading your mainstay ability Q (which has a sane cooldown timer and is relatively on par with the other attacks in terms of damage) or using your Ult at all, especially if opponents on the other side of the field are at 20% health near a tower late game thinking their safe?
*When the rest of your team is pushing into their base after crushing the other team, spend your time farming in the jungle.

This guide can probably be applied to other heroes as well.

Scruttocks

02-04-2010

It's pantheon, as in grouping of classical gods. Not the building England looted for the worlds most awesome dado rail.

And yeah, you describe a classic d!ck-move scenario lane partner, some people just don't play team, even if you talk to them. If you consider their actions bad enough to be considered griefing, contact customer support, otherwise not a lot you can do.

SkepticalMind

02-04-2010

I'm sure you had good intentions with this post, but so many of the scenarios you described are multi-sided.

In a solo queue game, it's not your lane partner's job to "save" you if you get hopelessly ganked or lacked positioning. In lower level play, you see people who are careless and get clobbered, then yell at their laning partner for not jumping in to try to fix their mistake (and probably also die).

Just because you are doing something (attacking a tower) doesn't mean your laning partner is obligated to. If my lane is empty and anyone is mia, I'm not going anywhere near a tower. Players who lack map awareness often push towers in a dead lane, only to be killed by the previously mia mid player. Of course, they yell at their partner, who retreated after realizing what was coming 20 seconds ago.

Etc.

Also, there's no such thing as "stealing minion kills".

Gigg

02-04-2010

First,

YOU MAD?

Second,

if you can't last hit with Annie, well ... Here's an hint, Fireball!

Third,

Congrats for that double kill! You must have been proud!

PS: Being level 30 don't mean being good. Someone can have 2 wins and 700 defeats, they will still be level 30. Solution to that? Try to queue with 1 other guy and lane with him or take solo mid.

hinugundam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkepticalMind View Post
I'm sure you had good intentions with this post, but so many of the scenarios you described are multi-sided.

In a solo queue game, it's not your lane partner's job to "save" you if you get hopelessly ganked or lacked positioning. In lower level play, you see people who are careless and get clobbered, then yell at their laning partner for not jumping in to try to fix their mistake (and probably also die).

Just because you are doing something (attacking a tower) doesn't mean your laning partner is obligated to. If my lane is empty and anyone is mia, I'm not going anywhere near a tower. Players who lack map awareness often push towers in a dead lane, only to be killed by the previously mia mid player. Of course, they yell at their partner, who retreated after realizing what was coming 20 seconds ago.

Etc.

Also, there's no such thing as "stealing minion kills".
Personally I can't believe I am actually reading this
LOL is a team game, not a game to show off how awesome you are
It IS your job to support your teammates as long as they are not ******ed suicidal maniac.
Espcially when you are playing as a guy with disable WITH a laning partner with disable.
And It is NOT ok to take every minion with your skill while your laning partner busy nuking off the enemy champions.(Unless they told you so)

There's a reason why we see so many terrible Master Yi in games, because those are the people who think they are so good they don't give a **** about their team.

Daikaze

02-05-2010

Hmm... Tough call here. Stealing minions is questionable... If your lane partner is destroying the minions then that means a faster push is going to happen. If Annie is harassing then what's wrong with Pantheon pushing?

As for the 2v1 thing... well, it's totally situational. Sometimes it's worth jumping out for the fight, other times it might be a lost cause.

The tower kill? It's a non-issue as it only pads your stats... it benefits the team as a whole.

On the topic of jungling: Well, it might be beneficial for Pantheon to jungle for a Golem/Lizard buff and then just ult into the team fight... It actually works out pretty well from my experience. Those buffs are incredibly valuable.

Empyron

02-05-2010

Q is good early but it really scares terribly and taking it over other abilities is ****tastic in my opinion.

j3ff

02-05-2010

Eagerly looking forward to your next guide: How Not to Spell Pantheon. Great guide, thanks!

Vindictiv

02-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinugundam View Post
Personally I can't believe I am actually reading this
LOL is a team game, not a game to show off how awesome you are
It IS your job to support your teammates as long as they are not ******ed suicidal maniac.
Espcially when you are playing as a guy with disable WITH a laning partner with disable.
And It is NOT ok to take every minion with your skill while your laning partner busy nuking off the enemy champions.(Unless they told you so)

There's a reason why we see so many terrible Master Yi in games, because those are the people who think they are so good they don't give a **** about their team.
There is no black and white, only shades of gray. I tend to agree with both ( i should do politics). I had this Eve, stealthed, behind the ennemi. Now i dont want to be that kid you just described, so im in position but trying to act normal. And i wait, and wait, and wait...i mean maybe he wants me to open first. Spear-stun-HS, Eve moves back to the tower and let me die to 1 with 25% and a tank that bounces me around.

On the other hand i had 'teammates" QQing i didnt went in when they went 2v4 under the ennemi tower when something like a Ramus "is almost dead" at 30% HP.

Also, any team that keeps focusing the tank is a hopeless cause. In team fights every1 focuses the Spartan cause he hurts and has no possible escapes beside teammtes busy killing the Cho Gath "WE HAVE TO TAKE HIM DOWN, HE IS AT 6 STACK AND HAS 6K HP!!!!!!!".

UninstallUrLife

02-05-2010

As a Pantheon I always take out the squishies first. In my last game I would target Gangplank and Eve over trying to kill a Barbarian King for instance who just leeches it back.