Ugh...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Yeezus

03-01-2011

I gotta get some venting out. This thread is just compiling a list of growing things that are making me resent League, even though I've loved it and stuck by the community and Riot for a good 8 months now.

I'm not that good at this game, and I know that. I can't carry, and I can flat out admit that guilt free, because I stick to tanking, jungling, and the other trash work everyone hates to do, because I love doing it, and to try to change the image they receive. When someone sees a 3/0/30 Shen, they think "****, without a tank like that we may not have won", and I like making people think like that. Problem with that is, when you literally cannot tank, because your carries blow; and when you can't gank or even jungle properly because the stupid **** in mid pushes the lane way to far, and top lane keeps dying, sticking you with holding it when you should be doing more productive things. I wouldn't mind if it just happened, but when it gets turned on you by the sheep mentality (when your whole team follows the stupid **** that doesn't know what he's doing/is having a bad game and looks for the scapegoat) it makes playing a tank or jungling seem idiotic and not worth it. I'm just flat out sick of it essentially.

Next thing pissing me off is getting raged at for trying a new champion, not in ranked, in a normal. Again, wouldn't usually make me mad at all, but it seems to happen every time. I usually don't even do bad, but I don't completely dominate either. Albeit, just because you say "first time (insert champion here)!", you're instantly going to be blamed if your team loses, and raged at even if you win. This makes even trying out a new champion feel pointless.

And now for the mega whammy. I'm a junior in high school, I took my ACT's today, and probably did okay, but I was incredibly frustrated by the end of the day. My day got progressively worse and my girlfriend essentially telling me that she has been severely depressed for about a year now (dating for three weeks, not my fault) and now she won't even talk to me for literally no reason. All I wanted to do was play a few games tonight with a few friends, win a couple and feel a little better; but no, I am not able to win. Why? Because I can barely play. Any mouse click or keystroke is about a full second late in-game. Clicking to move to a point and clicking again makes me run to the first point now, and then the second. I uninstalled, redownloaded the game, and it still does it. This causes people to get pissed off like crazy at me, and makes the game unplayable, and I have no answer to why it's doing it. The inability to do my best makes playing the game at all seem pointless.

So here I stand now, finding literally no reason to play lol anymore, which breaks my heart because I loved playing it for my first 6-7 months. I can't find any fun in the game anymore (not even AP Teemo) and with the game transforming into what I'm predicting a tedious pushfest every single game, I have no desire to continue.

Yeah, I'm going to get downvoted to hell, and staring at a dozen "see you tommorow" troll replies in five minutes, and my thread will be lost in the ocean of pointless "I quit" posts that have absolutely no reason to exist, and I'm fine with that. I hope I find a reason to come back to this game, maybe when it returns to a game made by gamers purely for the enjoyment of other gamers. Right now, however, all I see is a new champion each week, promises of new maps, game modes, and other things nearly forgotten, and hundreds of thousands of sheep who don't care and will follow the game without asking any questions completely content in anything Riot does. So I thank you Riot and the community for the good things and the bad; but when I play league again, I want to be playing a polished game that I can enjoy again.

tl;dr: Never been a fan of these. Trolls, broken promises, and the community have made this game seem pointless for me, so I'm done.

Master Yeezus

03-01-2011

And it gets thrown off the first page in place of a **** ton of threads all saying the same five things...

ToHiGhToCaRe

03-01-2011

Wow, a player leaving with a thread longer than three sentences? Never seen this before. I feel for ya though, the new pushing play style is close to scaring me off tbh.