Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

3600 wins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Life Apathy

03-01-2011

So I just got done playing a game with a friend trying Maokai for the first time. He doesn't play tanks really so I wasn't going to stress this game so much so I picked Teemo as my character I grab just to have fun.

Games terrible. Awful even.

We get to the stats and I find that one summoner has 2100 wins and another has over 1000 wins. The other 3 have about 500 wins between them. About 3600 total

I have 584 wins (the highest on my team) and my friend with about 300 and 3 people with slightly over 100 wins. Slightly over 1100 total.

Wut? I mean I understand sometimes the matchmaking just has to find the best match it can at any one point in time, but ****. Id rather the matchmaking waited another minute.

Venom Stoneice

03-01-2011

Because quantity=quality?

MM is based on Elo, which is determined by W/L, not solely win quantity.

CTHDRL

03-01-2011

Quote:
Venom Stoneice:
Because quantity=quality?

MM is based on Elo, which is determined by W/L, not solely win quantity.

Which is proof of it's incompetence.

A team with 3 times the experience with the game, has a very substantial chance at being superior to the lesser team. There are literally infinite reasons why their Elos were similar. I would wager with over 3K wins collectively they stopped try harding a long, long, long time ago and just play for fun.

Which doesn't result in epic Elos.

Machinima

03-01-2011

Quote:
Oneironaut:

A team with 3 times the experience with the game, has a very substantial chance at being superior to the lesser team. There are literally infinite reasons why their Elos were similar. I would wager with over 3K wins collectively they stopped try harding a long, long, long time ago and just play for fun.

If they got to their elo just playing for fun, then they probably will just play for fun this game too and then its an appropriate match

Eliseo

Recruiter

03-01-2011

Quote:
Oneironaut:

Not really, some people just play a lot and dont learn or get better.

homeskilit

03-01-2011

Is it possible the other 3 players on your team are playing on smurf accounts?

A player whole plays alot either has

a) mutliple accounts with about the same number of wins

b) or one account they focus on.

Since your all about the same elo it seems you had 3 people on your team who play multiple accounts while the other team had 5 players who only play one. Same level of experience its just split differently.

Just a possibilty

Flying Toilet

03-01-2011

Quote:
Eliseo:
Not really, some people just play a lot and dont learn or get better.
Not commenting on the players or play in this thread but I did noticed that I did just what Eliseo points out here; I played a lot of games and didn't get a whole lot better strategically. I got better tactically. Reading, watching, and practicing strategies helped me a lot strategically.

CthuIhu

03-01-2011

Quote:
Oneironaut:

Your logic is seriously flawed.

got321321

03-01-2011

2100wins ? is it even possible ?

if its ranked, it mean he probably have 3000win in normal too.

so that 5000win or 10Kgames.

RVz

Recruiter

03-01-2011

2100 wins, 2200 losses. 1100 wins, 1100 losses