Quality Over Quantity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodEmperorLetoII

03-01-2011

This statement obviously can be said for heroes (seemingly adding more without real balance changes to the heroes that cause people such anguish can be argued ad nauseum and most likely has been), but in this regard I'm talking about the community.

Yes, I know this is the internet. Yes I know how people act on it. Yes I know more people can mean more money for you guys, but you need to understand what is really going to draw in more people and that's the reputation. You guys do make a good fun game that's free and I'm sure we all appreciate it, but we really need some more work done on the community of this game. I'm sure you can look around and find it anywhere here. I'm talking about the jackasses. In game and out the jackasses are easily the worst aspect of any gaming community. Yes, they are all around, yes they are ultimately inevitable in any community, especially as it gets larger, but I would call for stricter penalties on the *******s.

Now look at all your games you've played, think back to how many times you're enjoying the game only for one or two of the people on your team or the other to just outright mock or brag about this and that. It's not beneficial to anyone except maybe themselves and even then it just makes them undesirable to everyone around. Someone who is making fun of someone's mom, weight, looks, social status, income level, whatever else is just tiresome and immature. Who cares if they aren't doing great that game? You think you're perfect every game? I call bull**** if you think so. I'm tired of just sitting quietly in games as jerks like this constantly harp on others and if you do stand up for them they harp on you and no one seems to really tell them to stfu too.

So ya, I'm calling for Riot to get far harsher on the *******s. On those who just mock someone in game or in the community. That anyone who is found out right mocking someone or just bragging about how much they kick your ass or whatever else that these people be out right banned from the game. Sure they can create smurfs or whatnot, but let them waste their time. They'll just get banned again and eventually quit. I'm calling for an increase in the standards the community is expected of them. I'm not asking for much, just asking that players at least understand not everyone is always going to be at their best. Yes I am one who would like to see the nubs/newbs not in their game, that's why I ask for a better match making system and not say ban then. But I can deal with bad players, it sucks, but I can accept that, but *******s? I can't accept *******s. I can't accept people mocking others over an insignificant game. All it shows is how pathetic you are and how sad your life must be.

So seriously, Riot, I'm asking for harsher punishments on those who are ruining people's games by being *******s. Yes, I can normally deal with them, but when it's become as frequent as I've seen lately, it's getting to be a real problem. Literally every game seems to have an ******* who thinks they are "the ****" or who can't help but be an ******* to one or more people in the game.

Thanks for your time, hope you'll crack down on this problem. I'd like to see the quality improve over the quantity of players and their attitude.

Edit: sorry for this thread if it was already made below, there were errors with the forum.

GodEmperorLetoII

03-01-2011

oye, forums seem to have a lot of errors >.>

GodEmperorLetoII

03-01-2011

lol someone rated me down because I expect people to not be *******s? Clearly must be one of the *******s who doesn't want to get banned for being an *******. Well stop being one then.

Birdjuice

03-01-2011

I completely agree. I don't understand how people find it the slightest bit entertaining of fun to just abuse people for no reason. It's really not that hard to keep things to yourself and it's just common courtesy to let things go.

I mean I get frustrated a lot in this game when my team doesn't do things they are meant to, or if I make stupid mistakes, or if the enemy is just being ******bags. I may get pissed off and sometimes yell a little but is it at all necessary to actually put it into your chat?

GodEmperorLetoII

03-01-2011

I don't know what's with them, it's just stupid. I really hope Riot will get harsher on them. I'd rather have fewer people, but better quality people than more people and dealing with basically the X-Box live community or that type of community.