[Champion Idea] Guy the Rocket Executioner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

02-03-2010

Name is a placeholder, of course >.>

Blurb: Few heroes are known for using battleaxes, fewer are known for strapping mystical high explosives to their weapon - And for good reason.

Guy is the exception, and many have learned to fear the sight of this armor-clad warrior launching himself across the battlefield.

Fear, enemy champions! The executioner has come for you!

Role: Initiator/DPS

Passive - Superheated Edge: Guy's axe glows with mystical heat, causing 10% of his attack damage to splash to nearby targets.

Q - Charge Edge: Guy super-charges his weapon with magic, causing his next attack (or spell) to explode for his attack damage + 50/75/100/125/150 within an AoE (probably the size of his passive)

? Mana, 10/9/8/7/6 -second cooldown.

W - Rocket Cleave: Guy detonates the explosives on his axe, launching him forward a medium distance until he either lands or cleaves into an enemy, stunning on impact (medium stun)

Initial explosion does 80/120/160/200/240 damage, with a very poor scaling of AP. Impact-hit does 50% of attack damage, but will apply Charge Edge (if it was used before launching)

Rocket Cleave can bypass terrain.

X Mana, 20/17/14/11/8-second cooldown.

E - Titanic Leap: Guy steels himself a moment before taking a mighty leap skyward...and detonates his axe at the apex of his jump, driving him into the ground at the target destination (medium/short range) with enough force to slow those nearby.

Ability does stun Guy momentarily as he pulls his weapon back out of the ground, stun can be mitigated by appropriate effects.

Deals 60/100/160/220/280 damage to those in the AoE, plus a minor slow to both attack and move-speeds. The slows (and damage) are increased should Guy have charged his weapon ahead of time

Unsure of appropriate cooldown.

R - Execute - Guy lunges at a foe and puts all of his power into one, massive charged strike with his axe, dealing incredible damage to a single target and applying a burning damage effect to those in the blast radius.

Does <something large> damage to the primary target, a percentage of that to enemy targets within a large AoE, and renders Guy untargetable/uncontrollable while he lunges. Can bypass terrain, if the target is close enough.

Does not apply Charged Edge, and will in fact disable it for several seconds after impact.
~

Just an idea I've been kicking around for...maybe an hour or two. Thoughts?

Voidgolem

02-04-2010

*poke*

Motas

02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Passive - Superheated Edge: Guy's axe glows with mystical heat, causing 10% of his attack damage to splash to nearby targets.
It seems somewhat UP, how about changing the number to 10/20/30% (at levels 1-6/7-11/12-18 respectively), this way it seems stronger, cuz if your trying to mimic tiamat, it gives direct splash damage, if you're trying to give a percentage, it needs to be larger than 10%

Quote:
Q - Charge Edge: Guy super-charges his weapon with magic, causing his next attack (or spell) to explode for his attack damage + 50/75/100/125/150 within an AoE (probably the size of his passive)

? Mana, 10/9/8/7/6 -second cooldown.
So with this spell you could easily just build damage and let this guy go to work =)
A good idea, I'll see about the mana cost.

Quote:
W - Rocket Cleave: Guy detonates the explosives on his axe, launching him forward a medium distance until he either lands or cleaves into an enemy, stunning on impact (medium stun)

Initial explosion does 80/120/160/200/240 damage, with a very poor scaling of AP. Impact-hit does 50% of attack damage, but will apply Charge Edge (if it was used before launching)

Rocket Cleave can bypass terrain.

X Mana, 20/17/14/11/8-second cooldown.
This grants great utility to your character, the bypass terrain has its uses for various things, so this is a decent addition to what you already had =)
I'll think of a mana cost thing.

Quote:
E - Titanic Leap: Guy steels himself a moment before taking a mighty leap skyward...and detonates his axe at the apex of his jump, driving him into the ground at the target destination (medium/short range) with enough force to slow those nearby.

Ability does stun Guy momentarily as he pulls his weapon back out of the ground, stun can be mitigated by appropriate effects.

Deals 60/100/160/220/280 damage to those in the AoE, plus a minor slow to both attack and move-speeds. The slows (and damage) are increased should Guy have charged his weapon ahead of time

Unsure of appropriate cooldown.
The CD would depend on if it was gloabl or not, if the move is global, probably 70 seconds, if not and its actually short range, then 20 probably works

Quote:
R - Execute - Guy lunges at a foe and puts all of his power into one, massive charged strike with his axe, dealing incredible damage to a single target and applying a burning damage effect to those in the blast radius.

Does <something large> damage to the primary target, a percentage of that to enemy targets within a large AoE, and renders Guy untargetable/uncontrollable while he lunges. Can bypass terrain, if the target is close enough.

Does not apply Charged Edge, and will in fact disable it for several seconds after impact
Your character seems to like lunging at people, which is a cool concept, it would freak people out to see that you're always charging at someone.

Overall ideas:
I like it, there aren't a ton of numbers, but thats not necessary, the concept is really nice.
As for those mana costs:
I'm thinking somewhere around 50/60/70/80/90 for both, this is becuz I'm just assuming that this hero doesn't have a huge mana pool.
Nice job
I HAVE FURY

-Motas

Voidgolem

03-03-2010

It seems somewhat UP, how about changing the number to 10/20/30% (at levels 1-6/7-11/12-18 respectively), this way it seems stronger, cuz if your trying to mimic tiamat, it gives direct splash damage, if you're trying to give a percentage, it needs to be larger than 10%

I wasn't entirely sure of a good number, still aren't, really. I'll think about it (what's Tiamat's splash, anyway?)

Originally considered letting him stack Charged Edge, but...blowing someone up for +150 at the start seemed a little overpowered.

Jump's not global. It's more along the lines of Rocket Jump (except it debuffs Guy at the end)

*ponders changes*