Pantheon's Q and E Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CharlieB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2010

As Pantheon's Q and E scale with physical damage, his damage is minimalized against high armor characters. Do they benefit from Last Whisper, Brutalizer, or any other armor reduction?

Furthermore, do they work with life steal? I know spells do not, I'm just not sure if physical abilities will not as well.

kjgkjgkgklfgl

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieB View Post
As Pantheon's Q and E scale with physical damage, his damage is minimalized against high armor characters. Do they benefit from Last Whisper, Brutalizer, or any other armor reduction?

Furthermore, do they work with life steal? I know spells do not, I'm just not sure if physical abilities will not as well.
I know for sure lifesteal doesn't work; and my heartseeker does substantial damage after I got last whisper and black cleaver but I don't see the pink animation that occurs with cleaver.

so no they aren't physical.

wildfire393

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieB View Post

Q and E scale with Physical damage, but they still deal magical damage. This means that the target's armor is irrelevant, and instead you want to look at their Magic Resistance. Armor Reduction/Penetration does nothing, because you use the printed damage amount, not the amount that your physical attack would do after applying armor (this would be terrible, as it would mean that both Armor and MR would apply to the attack damage).

Also, as they are magical damage, they do not work with Lifesteal, nor do they trigger any on-hit effects (though they would trigger Rylai's).

If you want to improve the damage these abilities do beyond just what you can get by maximizing your Physical damage, Sorc Boots, Haunting Guise, and Void Staff all reduce MR, which would increase the damage these abilities deal.

kjgkjgkgklfgl

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Q and E scale with Physical damage, but they still deal magical damage. This means that the target's armor is irrelevant, and instead you want to look at their Magic Resistance. Armor Reduction/Penetration does nothing, because you use the printed damage amount, not the amount that your physical attack would do after applying armor (this would be terrible, as it would mean that both Armor and MR would apply to the attack damage).

Also, as they are magical damage, they do not work with Lifesteal, nor do they trigger any on-hit effects (though they would trigger Rylai's).

If you want to improve the damage these abilities do beyond just what you can get by maximizing your Physical damage, Sorc Boots, Haunting Guise, and Void Staff all reduce MR, which would increase the damage these abilities deal.
I should definitely give an AP Pantheon build a try. lol

xSJx

02-03-2010

You sure that armor pen is useless for his skills? That sucks I just bought t3 armor pen runes. What would be better, atk speed?

Mozric

02-03-2010

Well in the tooltips it says that Q and E apply as physical damage...

Definately don't apply on-hit effects though, I tested it.

Xryme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2010

Armor Pen DOES increase his spear throw and spear stab skills damage, they do apply as physical damage.
But they do not benefit from life steal or chance on hit.

HypnoDuck

02-04-2010

Q and E are physical damage, they are affected by flat amor pen and armor reduction.
Unfortunately, last whisper doesn't work. I don't know if it's a bug or not.

Meta

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnoDuck View Post
Q and E are physical damage, they are affected by flat amor pen and armor reduction.
Unfortunately, last whisper doesn't work. I don't know if it's a bug or not.
So, just to clarify:

Q/E do work with Armor Reduction runes/masteries
Q/E do work with static armor reduction such as Brutalizer.
Q/E do not work with % based armor reduction such as Last Whisper.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Also, do Q/E work with Magic Resist Reduction such as Sorc Boots?

Zyrxyz

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
So, just to clarify:

Q/E do work with Armor Reduction runes/masteries
Q/E do work with static armor reduction such as Brutalizer.
Q/E do not work with % based armor reduction such as Last Whisper.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Also, do Q/E work with Magic Resist Reduction such as Sorc Boots?
If this is true stacking Brutalizer and stark's might be a good idea. Its got the AS of Last whisper and armor pen to stack with brutalizer.