Champions that complement each other

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApackofPonies

03-01-2011

Hey, im relatively new to ranked games and I played a game with an extremely rude person who kept insulting me and my friend saying that we picked awful characters that didnt help each other at all.
I ignored him, however he does have a point, it seems that I lose matches often because our team does not have synergy. I am aware of the fact that you want a tank phys/AP dps and a support/ jungle/ranged carry and all that stuff, but are there certain characters that you should never pick together or something, or are there just characters that play their roles better ect. I have one character to fulfill each role, I just cant seem to get out of the 12-1300 range in ranked. Your feedback is a ppreciated

ApackofPonies

03-01-2011

oh hey so I guess the post didnt work. I worte on here before that there was one player who was being very rude about the champions my friend and I picked in a ranked game. I understand that you need dps, a tank, a jungle, and range and so on, but are there specific characters that should never be used together, or conversely, that complement each other completely. I noticed that I often lose games because the characters in the game dont go together very well, and as I have a character to fulfill each role I was wondering if there is a rule to picking characters that people with high elo got and I didnt. Any input is appreciated, thanks

Keiferr

03-01-2011

The list would obviously be gigantic if you're asking for all character combinations that work well, since every character has at least one compliment and most more.

Maybe if you say who you played or who you would want to play, we could offer suggestions.

ApackofPonies

03-01-2011

I can play malzahar, kog maw, amumu, xin and zilean pretty well as well as a few others, my freinds usually go either alistair, pantheon, or malphite.

Krinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

If you wnt to dominate a lane just pick sion/taric. as long as you don't push you'll be able to deny them alot of gold and exp by a simple yet op: Dazzle/Shatter/Gaze/shield pop(forgot name)

But as the above posters said, alot of champions have synergy with eachother. Try Zilean/Xin? they're very powerful together; zilean can zone effeciently and with his slow he can allow xin to get a strong snowball happening.

Sanarity

03-03-2011

Thought this lane provides no support to each other champion, Xin Zhao and Jarvan have great denying capabilities. Last night I lanes against malphite and akali (expected the double slow and burst to be my downfall) and me and Xin were both 3/0/3 in the first fifteen minutes due to the amazing cc combination.

Xtrbacklash

03-03-2011

Last night we were expecting to lose just from first sight of the loading screen.
It was Mundo, Garen (Me), Soraka, Annie, and Lux, vs. Vladimir, Kog'Maw, Cho'Gath, Katarina, Akali, and Rammus.

Mundo and I laned together against Kat and Akali, and through the combination of our extreme harassment, we both went 4/0. Even after the other team did a lane change (Cho and Kog switched to our lane), I proceeded to snowball into 15/5.

Adreanlin

03-03-2011

What is more helpful is understanding how heroes can compliment each other based on their roles and how the function in lane. For example Soraka can heal, but lacks a strong CC or slow. She however does have a silence. So putting her with a strong killer that requires a slow/cc would be unwise. Example, Soraka xin would be a weaker lane then lets say, xin/taric. Xin still benefits from the heals provide, however has tarics stun that can allow for kills and setup.

Another example would be shen. While he does have some offensive capabilities with his dagger throw and a bit of CC with his taunt, on lane he needs a bit of time to mature. Putting him with some one who is going to be going for quick kills or can apply pressure early may not be the best pick. Perhaps lane him with some one who can support his CK or support his lack of lane presence until he blooms. So soraka might be a good choice here. She can give him heals while he dips in for CC, and her style also fits with his global support metastyle. The ability to not only have a global shield/tele support coupled with a global heal could be a very strong counter to a heavy ganking team.

"Mundo and I laned together against Kat and Akali, and through the combination of our extreme harassment, we both went 4/0. "

Using the poster above me as an example now. Garen and mundo are both very "tanky" on lane. They can absorb a large sum of damage before really being in the danger zone. They also really have no problem using spells any time they want. So putting them against two melee squishys makes for an easy lane for them. Kat/Akal really cannot put any pressure on them other than tossing their daggers non stop on one target. While they could be effective at widdling them down and then moving in for a shumpo/exhaust kill, I doubt thats what happened. Most likely Kat/akal had a bad early exchange and they were never really able to fully recover. However what if teemo and a ranged slow were placed against garen/mundo? Other than mundo axes, they would really never be able to place any pressure on the two ranged. With lack of initiation capabilities by the two melee, the ranged should be able to successfully smash that lane with constant right click and ability spam pressure.

Hope my all that was coherent

King Wappa

03-13-2011

personally, i got destroyed by a lux and ezreal combo. i was solo lane kass and couldn't handle the amount of harass. take that into consideration; character combos can be complementary to each other OR inversely be a counter to your lane opponents.

Umibozu

03-13-2011

Of course, tier lists aren't everything, but this is a very good one to reference. It's Elementz' solo queue ranked tier list.