support alistar items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruby Angel

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkiam View Post
I have used all of the ones above and they will work. I'll throw out another alternative:

Mana minipulator
Tear
Boots of Mobility
Soul Shroud
Aegis of Legion
Why get both Mana minipulator and Tear? They both have mana regen. Tear was always enough mana regen for me.

Also, why boots of mobility? The time when alistar would need movement speed 5, when running away from a fight, the movement speed buff wouldn't be effective. Boots of mobility, imo, seem to be best suited for a ganking champ, who needs to get around fast, not Alistar.

Here's my build:
1.Chalice
2.boots
3.sheen
4.finish boots (either tabi or merc treads)
5.frozen heart or banshee's veil(depending on other team makeup)
6.soul shroud
7. frozen heart or banshee's veil (the one not picked in step 5)

noobfluff

02-04-2010

My weird Alistar build:

Meki->Chalice
Boots of Mobility
Rod of Ages
Banshee's Veil? Depends on game?
Profit

As I said before, there's a lot of different variations on building moocow. People go for different kinds of runes, different kinds of items. But he's still awesome, no matter what you do.

I once won a game and @ the end I had 7000g and a Meki Pendant. Alistar rules.

ninjajakem

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankBank View Post
+270 Health UNIQUE Aura: +23 Armor / +24 Magic Resistance / +10 Damage to nearby allied units.

??????
I seem to be misinformed. I think it stacked way back in beta though. Thanks.

Prospero

02-04-2010

It does stack. The unique just means you can't have two of them on you and reap the benefits. If you and another champ each carry Aegis you will benefit from both. You teammates who do not have Aegis will only get the aura once even if both Aegis bearers are with them. Starks is the only aura that cannot be stacked twice.

toonX

02-05-2010

recently i've been doing a crazy ass build

Warmog's
Bezerker's
Atman's impaler
Force of Nature
Guardian Angel

survivability is ******ed like this and i hit for a like 200.

the problem with sheen is that you can hit every few hits at a high amount but not every hit like in this one

i play alistar a lot so i got bored of doing the same stuff

used to do

Chalice
Mercury's
Sheen
Frozen Heart
finish triforce

if i even got to that point, with bezerker's i can get way more last hits and thus i can get more items. unless
the other team has tons of stuns or the two in my lane do i skip the mercury's which are the only other
boots worth it.

either way alistar is very flexible, usually i change up according to enemy.

Remunial

02-05-2010

Quote:
Also, why boots of mobility? The time when alistar would need movement speed 5, when running away from a fight, the movement speed buff wouldn't be effective. Boots of mobility, imo, seem to be best suited for a ganking champ, who needs to get around fast, not Alistar.
This is exactly why Alistar is great with Boots of Mobility. Not to run away, but to help initiate. Enemy pushing your mid tower? It's okay. Pop out of the brush and run towards them but in a direction they will likely use for an escape. Most of the time people start running before attacking you so you keep your +5 movement all the way to your stun/punt. Even if they do get a ranged attack on you before you reach them, you're already close enough to them where they wont be getting away. Especially if you've positioned yourself in their escape route. These boots have saved me from having to waste my Ghost or Flash to initiate a fight many times. I highly suggest them.