support alistar items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adachi is bm LB

02-03-2010

anyone have a good support alistar item build? id like to try it but have no idea what it looks like item wise

ninjajakem

02-03-2010

1. Meki -> chalice
2. boots
3. aegis
4. sheen
5. frozen heart

or

1. mana manip
2. boots
3. aegis
4. soul shroud or locket
5. frozen heart

you can get starks as well if no one else on your team is getting it.

Adachi is bm LB

02-03-2010

ok thx..both are support and work well?

ninjajakem

02-03-2010

here is a guide i put together - should help
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...s+team+tips%29

keep in mind that final item build lately has been a hybrid of those two builds, typically going something like this-
1. mana manip
2. boots
3. sheen
4. aegis
5. frozen heart
if the game is still going...
6. soul shroud (max cooldowns)
7. trinity force
8. guardian angel

Elad

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpally5 View Post
ok thx..both are support and work well?
I use something similar to the first list, and it works well. Depending on what runes/masteries you have available, you can start with either saphire crystal or meki. I was starting with saphire crystal on my lvl 30 account to rush sheen, but it really isn't feasible IMO without mana regen runes or utility masteries. Tried it on a low level (lvl 5) account, and meki is definately the way to go if you don't have runes/masteries.

1. Meki
2. Sheen
3. Boots 1
4. Aegis (if no one else has it yet, if they do skip this step)
5. Upgraded Boots (your choice) or chalice
6. Whatever you didn't take at step 5
7. Glacial Shroud or last whisper.
8. Frozen heart

I do steps 1,2,and 3 first (but may mix around the order of these 3 depending on the game), then steps 4, 5, 6 (but again may mix around the order of these 3). Occasionally, if its a bad game, I may get a heart of gold in place of Aegis in order to generate some cash, but this is basically the build I use for general support and tanking on Alistar.

ninjajakem

02-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elad View Post
4. Aegis (if no one else has it yet, if they do skip this step)
I disagree with this. Aegis stacking is great. Unlike starks, which doesn't stack, so more than 1 is a waste.

Remunial

02-03-2010

I've read a lot of guides and tried a lot of different builds with Alistar. I would highly suggest starting with a Meki and turning it into a Chalice as soon as possible. I used to start with a Mana Manip but i found that it takes much longer to turn that into a better item and the mana regen just isn't enough. My build goes something like this:

Meki--->Chalice (OP mana regen)
Boots of Mobility (OP gankage)
Soul Shroud (shorter cooldowns + a bit more HP for tanking)
Glacial Shroud
Aegis/Starks

Being able to stun/punt at the right time AND having the mana to do it are key for Alistar. If you don't cap your cooldowns then you could miss a valuable stun opportunity.

Twytch

02-04-2010

I have used all of the ones above and they will work. I'll throw out another alternative:

Mana minipulator
Tear
Boots of Mobility
Soul Shroud
Aegis of Legion

Last two items are if you have the money...you can funtion fine without them. Several support build also use the innervating locket instead of the soul shroud and they seem to do fine as well.

I personally recommend sheen early, but that is more for farming than support.

The bottom line is that if you have mana and boots, you pretty much can do what you need to do as Alistar.

BankBank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjajakem View Post
I disagree with this. Aegis stacking is great. Unlike starks, which doesn't stack, so more than 1 is a waste.
+270 Health UNIQUE Aura: +23 Armor / +24 Magic Resistance / +10 Damage to nearby allied units.

??????

Degini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

If you are going to get a soul shroud anyway, then you should be getting mana manipulator first. The exception to this is if the team is caster/nuke heavy, or you are laning with a champ that doesn't have mana.

Manip regen + mana from sheen is enough. If it isn't for you, then perhaps the problem is inefficient use of said mana, probably due to excessive roaring.

Also, mana regen/level runes and/or improved clarity (with your utility build) will completely alleviate any mana troubles you are having.

I have 2 Alistair rune builds:

a) Dodge yellows - I take improved clarity

b) mana regen/lvl yellows - I skip clarity and take something else (ghost or rally).

I find regen yellows + clarity + item mana regen to be wasted mana regen (i.e. too much).