Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[GUIDE] Blitzcrank: All-in-one golem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

El Jaun Zinco

02-03-2010

Hi all, in this guide I'll give you the basic outlines of AP/Tank Blitz and Support/DPS Blitz. AP Blitz is definitely more reliant on the player and his team than most other builds as it requires you to get kills/assists and NOT die (unless you have bought your Soulstealer yet, in which case you have died in the first 5 mins of the game). Support/DPS Blitz is a lot more newbie friendly as it has a simple (though expensive) item build which you should rarely be playing long enough to finnish and also your mobility is dramatically greater than that of AP Blitz.

1. Summoner Skills
This is a topic where you really can just take what you want (except revive) and be done with it. Here are my personal favourites though.

Ghost: Many say if it can't be caught with Overdrive, it's not worth it. I think they're wrong. The amount of times a Yi or Sivir has escaped with a sliver of health thanks to their Ult is annoying, and the amount of times they just about caught me thanks to their ult. I find it just that useful so I can catch them and fist them to their death or just to save my robot ass.

Heal: Usefull for almost all situations, though better for newbies.

Exhaust: Slows and Blinds? Whats not to like?

Teleport: Useful for map wide fear mongering and ganks etc.

2. Runes
Again, personal preferance for runes, these are just advisiory.

For AP Blitz, I'd say you want HP per level marks (Red), AP per level glyphs (Blue), Dodge Seals (Yellow) and AP per level quints (The big ones).

As for Support Blitz, grab some attack speed marks, cooldown reduction per level glyphs and dodge seals and quints.

3. Abilites
Here we go, the juicy stuff! Most of you should know his abillities by now but, if you don't already know, here is a quick overview.

(Q) Rocket Grab: This isn't just any ability, this ability IS Blitz. It is quite a fast moving projectile skillshot that will grab ANY foe and pull it towards you. Be it champion, minion, neutral creep or even Heimerdinger's turrets (though you wil not pull the turret back to you). Damage is 60/120/180/240/300, costs 140 mana and has a nice AP ratio of 0.8:1.

(W) Overdrive: Increases your movement and attack speed for a period of time and at the end of that time it gives you a minor slowing effect. Great for chasing, escaping, initiating without your grab and much, much more. Costs 90 mana at all levels.

(E) Power Fist: This is the butter to Rocket Grab's bread. It causes Blitz's next attack to do double base damage and knock the opponent up in the air for a second or two. And as it is only a buff and not an actual abillity, it works with Sheen amazingly. Amazingly short cooldown and only costs 25 mana = spam mid - late game.

(R) Static Field: Your ultimate ability; whilst off cooldown it randomly hit nearby targets for 100/200/300 damage every 3.2-3.7 seconds. This effect has only got a 0.25:1 AP ratio so it's not too much to get excited about but also help when farming creep waves. When activated though, that is when all hell breaks loose. I releases a rather large AoE around you dealing 250/375/500 damage. That is undeniably pretty hefty damage for an AoE, but it gets better! This part of the abillity has a 1:1 AP ratio, so if you stack AP, this ability becomes pretty lethal and can destroy a squishy nearly instantly.

So now that I've gone over his abillities, I can detail you on which ones to take in which order for both AP and Support.

1. Rocket Grab
2. Power Fist
3. Rocket Grab
4. Power Fist
5. Rocket Grab
6. Static Field

Now, this is where the two differ in skill selection.

AP Blitz
7. Rocket Grab
8. Overdrive
9. Rocket Grab
10. Power Fist
11. Static Field
12. Power Fist
13. Power Fist
14. Overdrive
15. Static Field
16. Overdrive
17. Overdrive
18. Overdrive

This build allows for maximum damage and killing porbabillity in the minimum amount of levels by maxing out your grab and then your big fist with 1 level of OD at 8 to allow for some increased chasing/survival mechanisms.

Support Blitz
7. Overdrive
8. Rocket Grab
9. Rocket Grab
10. Overdrive
11. Static Field
12. Overdrive
13. Overdrive
14. Overdrive
15. Static Field
16. Power Fist
17. Power Fist
18. Power Fist

This allows for more movement, chasing and escaping by Blitz hence allowing for survival, which is exactly what you want so you can afford the items you'll be wanting. Overdrive before level 7 isn't really that efficient anyway since it costs 90 mana at all ranks.

4. Items
This is obviously the most important part about your champion and how he/she will perform other than the quality of the player themselves. I'll go over each of the two builds and give you a quick reasoning behind each of the items selected and why the order I selected.

AP Blitz
1. Amplifying Tome + 1 Mana potion - This enables you to work towards your soul stealer as soon as possible and the mana pot means you needn't go back until you can buy something.

2. Mejai's Soulstealer - Really this should be included in any AP character's shopping list. It has the the potential to hands down beat every other items AP by a large margin.

3. Rod of Ages/Rylai's Scepter - Now, this depends on how long the game has been going on on which item you get. If you're confident you can get the Rod of Ages within the first 20 mins, start building it (may want to grab the saphire crystal needed for the catalyst if this is the case as you may be expirencing mana issues). If you feel it may take a bit longer, either skip to Ninja Tabi (Mercury's Treads if the opposition are caster heavy) or Rylai's Scepter as you won't have time to charge up the Rod otherwise.

4. Ninja Tabi/Mercury's Treads - Standard issue tank boots for eith caster or melee teams, need I say much more?

5. Rylai's Scepter - Health + AP + Slow on your grab and ult = win. If you already got one from earlier, move onto the next step.

6. Warmog's Armor - Again, standard issue tanking item but you will want it to make you pop just over 4000 health, making you a formidable tanking force as well as a damage powerhouse

7. Zhonya's Ring - This will be the icing on the cake for those long games. It will just absolutely demoralise the opponents to see that you just gained another 200 or so damage on you're ult and may just turn the tables enough for you to win.

Also if you want, Sheen is always good on Blitz to help his big fist out, though it doesn't benefit you're other main nukes that much.

Support Blitz
1. Meki Pendant - Helps you make your chalice, removing the need for mana almost permanently. May want to take a couple of health pots too in case you need them, though you probally won't.

2. Chalice of Harmony - Irradicates mana issues forever. Need there be any other reasons?

3. Boots of Swiftness/Mobillity - This one really is up to you. Switness allows for escapes from most champions most of the time, but mobility will give more convincing escapes, though not as often.

4. Trinity Force - This really is a perfect item for Blitz. Increases his mana pool and movement speed, gives him a slow, more health and a nasty big fist tanks to the sheen. Build it in any order you like as they're all nice items to work with.

5. Infinity Edge - This gives you some beastly Power Fists, and it increases crit rate. All and all a great item.

6. Last Whisper - Attack rate to put some of that Infinity Edge to work and armor penetration to allow for yet more of that sweet, sweet damage to go through.

7. Guinsoo's Rageblade - This item is just personal preferance to be honest as I'm going into long endgames, it could really be whatever you want really. Phantom Dancer, Frozen Heart, Warmog's, Guardian Angel; all perfectly fine choices.

5. Tactics
Now to be honest I covered some of this when I went over the abillities and such, but here's what you want to be you're main objectives:

1. Don't die
2. Really, don't die
3. As AP Blitz, get kills or assists.
4. As Support Blitz make them fear you to be anywhere ready to initiate a teamfight/gank. Make them fear your giant, robotic fist.
5. Try to be able to make most of your grabs. If you miss a load at the begining they will think you to be a bad Blitz and they'll be more confident and aggresive.

Also here's a few tips:
Don't always initiate with your grab if an OD in with a big fist will suffice. This means you can grab them for another beating when they run away.

Make sure your team mate is aware of which target you'll grab. Mark the target or tell them in chat. Even better is if you have a friend with yo and you just tell them in vent etc.

For the love of God, DO NOT DIE!

6. Credits

I have to thank all of the people in CP Vent who introduced me to this game and got me going, and special thanks to Bob, Solis, Trent Gear, Tyreak, Cyan and Doug.

If you could give me feedback on this it would be great and I'll try answer any questions.

El Jaun Zinco

02-09-2010

Updated the original post so that it now contains content instead of a quick brush over.

Lightwrks

02-09-2010

A nice guide showing both sides of 'Crank. Well done!

I have to add though. I find that Meki is enough for your mana regen, if you need any at all! You're much better off rushing Sheen IMO.

El Jaun Zinco

02-09-2010

Quote:
Lightwrks:
A nice guide showing both sides of 'Crank. Well done!

I have to add though. I find that Meki is enough for your mana regen, if you need any at all! You're much better off rushing Sheen IMO.

Thanks, I personally take chalice as it allows for constant harrassment but I see your point and will try it out in a few games.

El Jaun Zinco

02-11-2010

Tried rushing sheen and it IS nice, just I find that having a bigger mana pool doesn't work for me in comparison to the regen when I'm going suport Blitz, but I can see most people enjoying the benefits of that early Sheen.

Shtealth

02-11-2010

Personally, I play Blitz with trinity force and physical damage and easily hit for 1000+ near the end of games and attack very quickly. I don't see the benefit of choosing AP blitz over physical blitz when his only two AP skills are Rocket grab (has a considerably long CD to go Ap for and still won't hit VERY hard) and his ult doesn't gain much from AP.
I would consider the typical Trinity Force/physical damage blitz to be much easier for newbies because it is not as dependent on landed rocket grabs.

El Jaun Zinco

02-11-2010

Quote:
Shtealth:
Personally, I play Blitz with trinity force and physical damage and easily hit for 1000+ near the end of games and attack very quickly. I don't see the benefit of choosing AP blitz over physical blitz when his only two AP skills are Rocket grab (has a considerably long CD to go Ap for and still won't hit VERY hard) and his ult doesn't gain much from AP.
I would consider the typical Trinity Force/physical damage blitz to be much easier for newbies because it is not as dependent on landed rocket grabs.

AP blitz onlyworks because he gets 4000 odd hp making him a tank too.

TiV3

02-12-2010

Why would you rush trinity in a support build? (after ?chalice?)

I'm sick of seeing blitzes rushing trinity.

Empyron

02-12-2010

Regrowth pendant > Phil stone > Sheen > boots > Frozen Heart > TF. Game.

Ninja Cyborg

02-12-2010

As soon as I saw there was no flash in summoner spells I stopped reading.