**Idea** Champ Select Filters

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doujia

05-19-2012

Now that I have 67 champs sometimes its hard to find who I want to play, Lots of matches I find myself having to wait and see what champs my teammates pick and having to choose a champ to fill whatever is needed for the best team composition. Some times they take to long and I dont have much time to pick. Is there any way we could get some type of filter options during champ select. Like where we could "tag" our champs in our profile with like Tank, Ranged AD. Ranged AP, Support. etc etc., and then and drop down in champ select that would allow us to filter the champs by said "tag"

Please let me know what yall think...

Archiplex

05-20-2012

Upper-right corner of the champ list there's a "search" function.

Doujia

05-20-2012

Pretty sure that only works to search by champ name

Archiplex

05-20-2012

It does, but i figure that's more then enough of a filter, seems unnecessary having more, but it wouldn't matter

im +/-0 on this.

1313Jr1313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2012

i'd be willing to bump this. sometimes you just want to look at the champs of a particular role and pick one that feels good to you. this does take time but if the filtering were already done it would take less time. of course, i think that tagging them personally would require some tricky client side whatnots but i still like the idea.

Ssenkrad II

05-20-2012

Like the idea, had a very similiar idea that i posted in my "Matchmaking Failure" post...

RiotBahamut

Associate Software Engineer

05-21-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doujia View Post
Pretty sure that only works to search by champ name
Actually, it's a little-known fact that the search bar (both in champion select and in your profile) works with all the different champion tags. In other words, typing "melee" in to the search bar should show you show you melee champions.

The tags that you can use are the same ones that appear in that list of checkboxes in the champion tab in your profile (case insensitive). Namely:

Pusher
Jungler
Support
Assassin
Ranged
Stealth
Recommended
Mage
Carry
Tank
Fighter
Melee

Now, that's not to say that this doesn't need improvement. Thanks for the suggestion

Hello Darkness

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBahamut View Post
Actually, it's a little-known fact that the search bar (both in champion select and in your profile) works with all the different champion tags. In other words, typing "melee" in to the search bar should show you show you melee champions.

The tags that you can use are the same ones that appear in that list of checkboxes in the champion tab in your profile (case insensitive). Namely:

Pusher
Jungler
Support
Assassin
Ranged
Stealth
Recommended
Mage
Carry
Tank
Fighter
Melee

Now, that's not to say that this doesn't need improvement. Thanks for the suggestion
Can you double check that? I just opened up a custom game to test it, and none of those work. I had tried it in the past thinking it would, but never made a post about it.

RoflMyPancakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Works for me. Case insensitive.

Doosfin

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkened Vision View Post
Can you double check that? I just opened up a custom game to test it, and none of those work. I had tried it in the past thinking it would, but never made a post about it.
you have to write the whole word