What is a "leavers penalty"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zizheng

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2011

Hmm ive only played ~70 games, only games ive left are ones where my router... well died. Left not sure, maybe 5-10?

Frinall

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizheng View Post
Hmm ive only played ~70 games, only games ive left are ones where my router... well died. Left not sure, maybe 5-10?
which means you've left ~10-15% of your games... this is pretty bad when you think about it. Basically 1 out of every 10 games you play you ruin for the 9 other players involved. You need a new router if that really is the issue.

Katzimo

03-16-2011

this is bullcrap because i was playing 1v1 with two urgots and two fids i was teemo against kassidin top
not a good combo to beginwith. then bot went o and 8 and fid quit so im left with me temo andurgot
angainst a fid urgot and kassidin i sat the game out and got a penalty how is this disruping anything

Jooma

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzimo View Post
this is bullcrap because i was playing 1v1 with two urgots and two fids i was teemo against kassidin top
not a good combo to beginwith. then bot went o and 8 and fid quit so im left with me temo andurgot
angainst a fid urgot and kassidin i sat the game out and got a penalty how is this disruping anything
Penalty's don't happen from just 1 game. If you're going AFK or leaving a large portion of your games, then you will be penalized because you demonstrate a pattern that is disruptive to the other players on your team as well as the opposition.

If you're losing a game, rather than quit or go afk, just surrender. You can either type /surrender or you can select More Options > Surrender from the menu screen in game.

JudoPunch

03-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizheng View Post
Ive played almost 2000 games, i have one leave. The power went out during the last 3 minutes of the game.

Make sure your going to have at minimum 1 hour to play EACH GAME. It is disastrous to play a game for 30 minutes, and have someone just quit. It basically wastes your time because it is horrendously difficult to fight a 4v5 in this game.

Kyperion

03-17-2011

If you've got 20-30 minutes, just do a custom game.

Just curious, does anybody know/have a link to the exact mechanics of the Leaverbuster system?

I Only Jax

03-27-2011

Does the penalty expire and go back to zero level?

Doomsabre

08-05-2011

Well i was playing a 5v5 against bots when I suddenly disconnected (this does not happen alot) but when i tried to connect there was no button and all it said was 'This game is still in progress' i could not do anything and sat there for 15 minutes and eventually i left and suddenly got a level one leaver penalty..... did I do something wrong? please reply.
Thanks
-Doomsabre

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyperion View Post
If you've got 20-30 minutes, just do a custom game.

Just curious, does anybody know/have a link to the exact mechanics of the Leaverbuster system?
The exact mechanics haven't been released, because Riot doesn't want people trying to toe the line or game the system.

Tiskenburdle

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imclueless View Post
Are you sure about this? My friend got a Level 1 Leaver Penalty, and the only games he's left are Custom games.

While I'm not sure, I've probably left about 100 custom games and still don't have a penalty. I'll frequently try out a new strategy or build order with a new champion in a custom game with bots then leave when I've determined whether it's viable or if it could be improved..

I'm not sure about custom games with other people, but when you leave there's also a pop up that says leaving in "Matchmade" games can result in a penalty, and custom games aren't Matchmade so while that doesn't explicitly state no penalty will result, it implies it.