What is a "leavers penalty"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zizheng

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

I have a level one leaver's penalty, what effect does this have? I know what its for, just dont know what it does XD.

Thanks.

Obliza

03-01-2011

Basically the more you leave the more punishment you get, the first is just a warning I believe, then comes week bans, month and even lifetime.

Xalephx

03-01-2011

I play solo v comp a lot, never noticed it. I assume it doesn't apply?

Fleiska

03-01-2011

No, you dont get penalty from leaves when you play custom games.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizheng View Post
I have a level one leaver's penalty, what effect does this have? I know what its for, just dont know what it does XD.

Thanks.
Leaving is considered one of the worst things you can do because it ruins the game for the rest of your team. Because of that, when people see Leaves on your record, it reflects extremely poorly on you. Fortunately, nobody can see how many leaves you have unless it exceeds a certain % of your total games played (2%? I forget).

There is also a new automatic "Leaver Buster" system in place. It will automatically penalize you if you leave a lot. We all have to leave once in a while, but don't make it a regular thing and you should be fine.

Nephrael

03-01-2011

You have to leave A LOT to get a level one leaver penalty too...... remind me not to queue with OP >_<

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-01-2011

At lower levels you will get the penalties fairly quickly, this is to prevent people from simply remaking accounts constantly to get past the bans. (While they still can, they won't get past levels 1-5.)

Dr Clueless PhD

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleiska View Post
No, you dont get penalty from leaves when you play custom games.
Are you sure about this? My friend got a Level 1 Leaver Penalty, and the only games he's left are Custom games.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-01-2011

A few weeks ago there was a bug where if you disconnected, you wouldn't show up as reconnecting, so you would get a leaver mark even if you reconnected and finished the game. (This has since been fixed.)

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imclueless View Post
Are you sure about this? My friend got a Level 1 Leaver Penalty, and the only games he's left are Custom games.
The AFK Detection system also adds tiny increments to your Leaver Level when you're AFK during matches.