Guide to Gangplank the Pirate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swift Ghost

02-03-2010

Quote:
Aloha. Good choice of runes, masteries. Could use a bit of tweaking on the items though. If you're playing Gangplank mainly for Parrrley, you'd rather get Sorceror Shoes (because Parrley does magic damage) than the attack speed ones.
That makes sense but I still got berserker treads because I still want my attacks to be useful. The next 3 items I'm getting give no attack speed whatsoever and they aren't cheap. It makes sense though. Appreciate your comment.

Swift Ghost

02-03-2010

Quote:
What's wrong with phantom dancer on pirate? attack speed, move speed, 30% crit chance... umm yeah, it's like everything he needs.
It not that it's 'wrong'. It's that the space can be better used. Frozen mallet is good on Pirate as well but in this build theres not enough room for both. To save room you can just get Trinity Force. You get the best of those 2 plus extra damage with sheen. Pretty good deal i reckon.

Swift Ghost

02-03-2010

Quote:
Also is the 200g difference on a Cloak of Agility really that despised? You're going to need 2 anyways and that's 36% crit chance right there over the 24 you're getting from 2x avy for 400g more.
That's actually a REALLY good idea! I never thought of that! Thanks a bunch. I think I'll edit that into the guide. =]

Swift Ghost

02-04-2010

Quote:
I don't know what kind of spamming madness you guys are into, but why are you even upgrading to Chalice? I find that Gangplank doesn't even need mp regen after level 10 so why waste the gold?
Level 10 is too late! I need the mana at level 5!!!

Swift Ghost

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticon View Post
Pretty terribad build, honestly.
Elaborate, please?

donnyFYASKO

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Ghost View Post
Elaborate, please?
I think I can speak for him when I say because of your item build. It's pretty horrendous.

You're building him into a DPS when he really isn't. He has no survivability skills; the only CC ability he has is his ult which slows. He's a ranged support hero.

He really shines when you focus on his parrrley and ult. Also, Parrley damage is taken as MAGICAL damage. Thus, magic penetration items such as haunting guise and sorcerers boots are ideal... not berserks or black cleaver. It's great for raising attack damage overall, but other items can do that and much better.

Also, two avarice blades are a one trick pony most noobs do for Gangplanks. Simply because they delay more important item builds such as IE or frozen mallet.

AND, Nashor's teeth really? Really? AP scales poorly with Gang's ult and has no effect on parrrley. You can get better CD reduc items... frozen heart provides 25% cd reduc, +99 armor, +500 mana, AND reduces ASPD of enemy champs for only 400 more gold than nashor's teeth. With haunting guise that provides 35% cd reduc.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that a full T3 crit chance rune page replaces two avarice blades, saving yourself 1.5k gold.

Dalek

02-04-2010

I was wondering if someone could answer this for me, a friend recomended I tried using sheen on gangplank, using the fruit/killing alied minion to activate it and then parley someone..... is it worth carrying a sheen around ?

hinugundam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
I was wondering if someone could answer this for me, a friend recomended I tried using sheen on gangplank, using the fruit/killing alied minion to activate it and then parley someone..... is it worth carrying a sheen around ?
From my experiment,I don't think sheen extra apply on parley

keftes

Recruiter

02-05-2010

Chalice is overkill and Sheen should be gotten earlier. And yes it applies to parley -.-

P.S No magic pen items? Bad guide

Niakor

02-05-2010

Hi,

I usually go guise, sorc boots and then sheen or straight to IE, depending on how I'm doing.
I've been playing for quite some time though not in high ELO or maybe even not in med-ELO, but this is what the meta-game and my experiment suggest is the more efficient.

+ I'm maxing out scurvey latest (despite reduced CD).