Match making bugged?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HoroBoro

02-28-2011

So...I played about 8 games today. Most of them (I think there was one game where I went 4-7), I go even/ahead in K/D (2-2, 1-1, 4-2 etc). I'm Sivir too and I'm constantly pushing down 2-3 towers a game.

Problem is team feeds like crazy. I don't think I've had one game where there wasn't a person on my team feeding 1:10 ratio. Most of the time, whole team dies 6-10 times each. Makes game very very unenjoyable. I mean, I play Dota a lot, and people complain about unbalanced teams...this feels far worse. Finally, to top it off, I've had 3-4 games where person on my team rage quits and never comes back.

Is this common for LoL?

I'm level 11 summoner btw....I dk if it's a matter of I'll get better matches once I level up more...

It's really frustrating when you feel like you're the only person on the team actually trying to play the game instead of 1v1ing the tower without creeps and with enemy heroes at the tower...(sometimes 2v1ing...with not much better results...actually worse haha).

Is LoL just a game where people play for the lolz? In that case, should I just grab a bag of popcorn every game and sit at having fun laughing at my teammates?

Zizheng

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

"Is LoL just a game where people play for the lolz?"

Was that meant to be a pun? XD

Anyway to answer your question, you will get better teams as u level, but also better enemies. Also i get this as well, me having like a 10:1 K/D ratio and yet the team K/D is like 30:50 endgame. So i resorted to Premade games, and every game i added the people who were exceptionally good ^^. Normally they add me too if i played well that game. Anyway just keep building ur friends list, and then youll find that it will soon be full of good players. I can log on and immediatly know im going to win the next game, by my friends tht are on.

HoroBoro

02-28-2011

"Was that meant to be a pun? XD"

Yes it was

My last game was where I went 1-1 after some epic jukes involving heal, exhaust and some tower circling (which had to be performed because no-one called mia on this invisible stunning ninja chick...I DK all the heroes yet) and got a kill. Then about 5 mins later, THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED...except this time my summoner skills were on cd...and I couldn't juke her anymore. It was then I realized that the rest of my team had at least 3-4 deaths, and some others had 6 deaths. At this point, I was feeling kinda spent...asking myself questions about what is the point of this game. Just for the lulz I tried to forfeit at 20 min mark. Guess what. IT PASSED! Oh did I mention, also, that the game was a 5v4?

You get into a very surreal and jolly mood after that kind of game. But...the reason I got into LoL was because I was told it had a good match making system. Is this not true then?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-28-2011

Sounds like you ran into Evelynn. The problem with relying on your team to call mia every time they don't see her, is a good Evelynn will be invisible (or in brush/at base/switching lanes/etc) for a significant portion of time; it's not very useful if I'm calling mia every 10s, you just need to be ready for her to jump on you. Another option against her would be to buy the 125g wards, as they have true sight, and can see through her stealth.

HoroBoro

03-01-2011

No doubt. I don't rely on my team to call mia - I understand if it happens once or twice. My question, though, is about the matchmaking.

Is it really as flawed as I have experienced it to be? Am I going to be essentially 1v9ing 80% of my games unless I go with friends?

Fleiska

03-01-2011

I believe the match making is what you have described us on early levels. My theory is that mm start to use elo after lvl20 or 25. Before that you will be matched with ~same summoner level players.

HoroBoro

03-01-2011

Thank you very much for your help

I will continue to level in hopes that matches will get better after I get to a higher level.

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2011

I believe the system pairs you with worse players, the better you've been doing, and visa versa. Someone who feeds reliably for a few games will get paired with a better team than someone who carries reliably. That is my experience. When I'm on a hot-streak of wins and KDR, my allies start sucking hard in the matchup system.

Steve Aoki

03-01-2011

bump

HoroBoro

03-04-2011

Gotta say, my experience has matched Imclueless. When Shen came out, I started winning again

Then after 4 or 5 games of straight wins, I started losing again. I mean shen is a totally ridiculous tank. Our team would have more kills then the other team because of united we stand and the fact that I could tank ALL of the enemy heroes for like more then 20 sec. The problem would be - once I died team just falls apart and towers get pushed (we end up with higher kills then other team...but we still lose).

Every game I have with Shen when I lose it's because our towers gets pushed. Every game I have with Sivir and I lose is because their heroes are too buff. So...game is very balanced