Retrieving Information Problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PatchesOHoulihan

02-03-2010

This mourning after installing the patch when I typed in my password info it would tell me it was having trouble connecting to PVP.net. I reinstalled the game and now the launcher just sits there and dose nothing. The server status says online but, the loading bar sits at 0 and the play button fails to lite up and in the bottom left corner it says Reteaving version information.

I have tried all of the methods in the fourms and still no solutions.

Please help!

Shiyama

02-03-2010

I've got the same problem. I tried reinstalling the game but still no luck!

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-03-2010

1. Let the Launcher run for up to 20 minutes
2. Restart the Launcher
3. Power Cycle (restart) your modem and/or router
4. Make sure that lol.launcher.exe is listed as an exception in your firewall <- If you reinstalled you need to do this again.
5. Temporarily disable firewall and anti-virus software.
6. Try another reinstall of your League of Legends

ShillelaghKraut

02-03-2010

1. I've let the launcher run over 40 minutes.
2. Restarted more times than I wanna think about.
3. Completely restarted the router, the modem, and pretty much anything connected to the **** computer.
4. I've got 7 verison of lol.launcher added as an exception. Only one was added by me with the whole game client and lol.exe files bit. HOWEVER, it's still telling me to add it to Windows Firewall. I didn't have this problem before the patch.
5. I knocked every bit of protection on this computer and still was stopped by not being able to connect to pvp.net.
6. I've completely uninstalled. Reinstalled. Updated, Patched. Reinstalled again. Reinstall I don't know how many times and keep getting stuck between the launcher telling to add to Windows firewall when it's already on there and no being able to connect to pvp.net.

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to fix this with every admin and techie post on this **** site. How can you add one patch and **** it up that much?

Janis

02-03-2010

Your best shot at being able to play is with the standalone client.

Though Jesse Perring, the person who prepares the standalone hasn't been on the forums for two days.

Another troubling thing is that he failed to reply to posts asking about the standalone yet replied to two posts with the sole instruction of reinstalling.

So, for some reason it would appear that he doesn't feel that a standalone is a priority this patch. Even though the forums are riddled with people for whom the reinstall suggestion clearly doesn't work.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

02-04-2010

Shillelagh, could you and anyone else having this problem attach your Patcher_Lib.log here.

http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...on+of+LoL+Logs

Thanks.

Dona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Shillelagh, could you and anyone else having this problem attach your Patcher_Lib.log here.

http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...on+of+LoL+Logs

Thanks.
I seem to be having the same issue. Tried running with and without the firewall and virus scanner running.

The log simply says

02/05/2010 05:50 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.33] initializing...
02/05/2010 05:50 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[D:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall

Have checked on the firewall and it is already on as an exception.

hansclarke

02-04-2010

I also get "Retrieving version information" and no further joy. I am new to this game. Where do I get answers?

hansclarke

02-04-2010

Here is my log
02/05/2010 09:36 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.33] initializing...
02/05/2010 09:36 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[G:\Games\League of Legends\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall

hansclarke

02-04-2010

Windows Firewall has never been on and my virus program Trendmicro has the exeption for LoL