New Health Bars

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ca8UfM31mO9xRYRT

08-19-2009

I hate the new bars, as well. I really like the 2d style of the overall game, but the new bars look tacky. I can't put my finger on it exactly because I don't remember the ones from last patch o.O I guess I never noticed them other than the info they gave me--which tells me they were close to perfect (if you consider that the information translating without focusing on the UI component is desirable).

They look flat, they look dull, and they were the first thing I noticed about the new patch--including the fountain look that I didn't notice until my first bluepill.

I hope you guys rework these.

Chainyk

08-19-2009

+1

Tuul

08-19-2009

i think they are fine the way they are.

Warskull

Adjudicator

08-20-2009

I hate them too. The more compact size on the minions is nice, but the black outline is way too thick.

With heroes, they seem to be too small and the lines for health are too thick. Once a hero goes past say 2,000 health it becomes very difficult to clearly tell how much health they have. The black bars are too thick and the red health indicators are too small.

Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2009

There, fixed those pesky HP bars!

LeonX

08-20-2009

I think that the big hp bar in the bottom of the screen is fine, but the hp bars on the top of the champion is too big an distractive, specially with the summoner's name on top. If they could be reduced a little, they could be good. At least put in the interface options to reduce it.

Jumanji ESP

08-20-2009

I like the health bars.
I think it would be good if a little mana bar appears on the heads of the heroes too.

BrainStein

08-20-2009

the bars already seem to cover too much in big battles and you still want another bar on the hero? :\

kman

08-20-2009

Here's my problem's:
1. Champion health bars seem like there a-lot bigger/thicker then before.
2. There's a thick black boarder around the creep's health.
3. The color for the red team are way to dark.
4. Where the number is for the level seems a-lot darker then before.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-20-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
Here's my problem's:
1. Champion health bars seem like there a-lot bigger/thicker then before.
lots of people saying this, and its very interesting. They are actually significantly *smaller* than before!!!

But, they are also more bold/brighter, so Im betting this is why people feel this way. Definitely some good information for us to iterate on, thanks for all the detailed feedback!