With the nerf to Mundo, I'm retiring him

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

Senior Member

02-02-2010

And by "nerf to Mundo" I mean "buff to Pirate."

I like Mundo a lot, I really do. But come on! As if Mundo wasn't in bad enough shape before. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that this was a bad change. There's a lot more to think about than just "Will this be good for Mundo?" But I am saying that if you're thinking about playing Mundo, you should hope there's no Pirate on the other team. If you're laning against Pirate, ask to switch lanes. It's pretty aggravating to deal with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solus

Senior Member

02-02-2010

What the ****? Mundo is extremely weak to healing reduction? HOLY **** ****! HOW THE **** LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON? Where are those petitioners!? This must be stopped! /sarcasm

Seriously, how much longer are people going to ***** and moan about things like Mundo's current situation and other things Riot is FULLY AWARE OF. Don't you people have anything better to do that hop on a forum and cry your little hearts out about every injustice you stumble across in LoL?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meta

Member

02-02-2010

What ever happened to the change they were going to make to Spirit Visage? I always thought that would be the primo mundo item, and therefore make him more viable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solution Nine

Member

02-02-2010

Why would you play Mundo even before the patch he is ****ing terrible and a stupid Downs****tard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asuka Hanachi

Senior Member

02-02-2010

The thing is, everyone builds him wrong... You should not build for pure damage, that is just wrong. His E gives PLENTY damage. The only damage item you should have is either phage, which isn't needed really, or atma's. You should ALSO get Treads and max W early, and to be safe, mastery'd cleanse. Survival mundo is the strongest mundo, no one beats it, unless you CC him to hell, but seeing as all stuns and slows will last just about a second and a half max, it's not easy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGreatDecay

Senior Member

02-02-2010

Lets hope that they just remove Mundo and Soraka next patch!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

Senior Member

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
What the ****? Mundo is extremely weak to healing reduction? HOLY **** ****! HOW THE **** LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON? Where are those petitioners!? This must be stopped! /sarcasm
So you're saying that... because a change was made that makes a hero weaker, but it is a change that is similar to other known weaknesses, it shouldn't be posted about?

So... threads saying pretty much anything are not allowed. Thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solus

Senior Member

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
So you're saying that... because a change was made that makes a hero weaker, but it is a change that is similar to other known weaknesses, it shouldn't be posted about?

So... threads saying pretty much anything are not allowed. Thanks!
It's called "Beating a dead horse". Discussing something far beyond what is known as "necessary". I have seen more "WAAAAAHH I PLAY MUNDO BUT DEN DEY GETS DA EXIECUTIONER OR HAS GANGPLANK DEN I ACTUALLY KILLABLE! WAAAAAHHH" posts and threads that they almost rival all the twitch *****ing. Riot knows, riot is working on it, I'm not sure what you're expecting by making YET ANOTHER post complaining about Mundo's susceptibility to healing reduction(Albeit, from a different source than usual).

I'm all for discussing champions and what not, but not to the point of nausea. Not only that, but all the Champion Feedback threads that crop up in the general section. Psst, there's a certain place for that, it's known as The Champion ****ing feedback forum.

I'm not sure what you were hoping for by making this post. Riot hasn't said **** all about their plans for Mundo for a reason: It's still being worked on. Nothing you ask, nothing you say, nothing you do will speed that up or get you answers. **** like this serves no purpose what-so-ever other than to rally a small number of people who agree with you before you all disperse after 24 hours like little a.d.d squirrels when you realize how fruitless it is to continue *****ing about a very well known issue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

Senior Member

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
I'm not sure what you were hoping for by making this post.
Well, since reading comprehension isn't your thing, I'm not sure I can explain it to you. I pretty clearly stated: It's a warning to Mundo players that Gangplank can now ruin their regen right off the bat. It also serves as a warning that Gangplank's passive, which supposedly just reduces healing, also reduces regen.

Quote:
Riot hasn't said **** all about their plans for Mundo for a reason: It's still being worked on. Nothing you ask, nothing you say, nothing you do will speed that up or get you answers. **** like this serves no purpose what-so-ever other than to rally a small number of people who agree with you before you all disperse after 24 hours like little a.d.d squirrels when you realize how fruitless it is to continue *****ing about a very well known issue.
Ok, first of all, you need to relax.

Second of all, very well known issue my ass. Yes, in 12 hours since the patch, everyone knows that Pirate's Parrrley reduces Mundo's regen.

Third of all, you want to know about beating a dead horse? Let's look at your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
Slows really need two effects instead of one. Exhaust should still work on this ****er while he's ulti'd, I don't even care about the slow as long as he's missing. Yi should not be the only champion who -never- has to worry about exhaust. Yi gets immunity to slows with his ult, he shouldn't get immunity to the additional effects that come with slows IE the damage from lizard buff, exhaust's miss chance, etc etc.
Wow, doesn't get much more dead-horse than this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
Pre-release I'd be hard pressed to say HoN has a better community than LoL because HoN has practically every dota elitist ****** that's ever come into being. Now it seems a plague of rude, obnoxious, brats have infested every nook and cranny of the game.

I'm a bit disappointed because I played the beta, I -loved- the playerbase LoL had unfortunately now I find myself a bit reluctant to play LoL over the HoN beta because I know my gaming experience is dramatically reduced just by having to put up and listen to these unsupervised chimps quoting internet memes like "LOLUMAD!?" and gay/race bashing.

I hope measures are being taken to improve this problem. If this keeps up I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to play LoL as much as I'd really like to.

Edit: And I'm not saying this ruins the game for me, I'm simply saying it makes it less appealing to play. I hop on LoL for entertainment, not to babysit some kid who doesn't get enough attention from mommy.
Oh, I take that back... HoN vs LoL is an even deader horse! Well, that's the worst of it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
I know just about everyone and their mother(And dog) have *****ed to high heaven about the matchmaking system, but I actually want to know why the MM system "punishes" you with terrible teammates if you win a few games in a row? I had won 3 games in a row, then immediately afterwards I was rewarded with a team that was absolutely TERRIBLE.

I'm talking, we didn't even get one kill in a 25 minute game, against a team of squishies. Somehow our Corki/Sivir couldn't out-lane Karthus by himself(I main Karthus, even I can't handle pospherous bomb and spiral spam.) And tthis is a -regular occurrence- anyway winning streak I have inevitably gets smacked down by teammates who are significantly worse than myself or the opponents we're up against and it always ends in an abyssmal 25 minute snowball. I can safely say around 75% of my losses were complete snowball losses. I'm not talk 20 to 30 "We still have a sliver of a chance" games. I'm talking 4 to 30, "there's no way in hell we're coming back from this" games.

My question is; Does the MM system simply "average out" the ELO? IE I can have a high ELO, matched with a bunch of low ELO players, and get matched against a bunch of mid-level ELO players?

I really do want to know why, instead of getting matched with equally-skilled players against equally skilled players, I get matched with...well...severely lacking players, against somewhat competent players.

If you guys can't seem to get MM off the ground, why not just incorporate HoN's current lobby system? It works relatively well, and people have been itching to know their ELO since -beta-.
Oh, hey, look, whining about matchmaking! That's the #1 deadest horse of them all!

My point is: If you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw stones. Especially not at people in brick houses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solus

Senior Member

02-02-2010

Quote:
Ok, first of all, you need to relax.
Posting inbetween the frustration of dealing with Pantheon the OP all day, I apologize.

Quote:
Second of all, very well known issue my ass. Yes, in 12 hours since the patch, everyone knows that Pirate's Parrrley reduces Mundo's regen.
I could have told you that Grog soaked screwed Mundo before the change was even thought of.

Quote:
Third of all, you want to know about beating a dead horse? Let's look at your posts.


Wow, doesn't get much more dead-horse than this!


Oh, I take that back... HoN vs LoL is an even deader horse! Well, that's the worst of it, right?



Oh, hey, look, whining about matchmaking! That's the #1 deadest horse of them all!

My point is: If you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw stones. Especially not at people in brick houses.
I am only guilty of the last one you quoted, as the rest were replies to topics created by other users and NOT myself. I could easily sift through weeks of your past posts and we could create a giant circle jerk where we point out the times we discussed an already exhausted topic, but that could go on forever.

Also, -that- wasn't so much a personal attack as it was an attack on every dumb **** that keeps making these topics. I'd probably be more forgiving if you at least put this garbage in the appropriate forum. I think it has something to do with people wanting to be noticed, because everyone knows Champion feedback is almost exclusively for either *****ing or champion ideas that will never be used.