kill audio

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

str82dabnk

08-19-2009

Ok i am a hardcore gamer and I have been playing DOTA since it came out.
Here are a few suggestions for the LOL game.
My pet peeves:
1:
That "owned sound" gets really boring REALLY FAST. After a few consective kills theres nothing other than "owned.....owned..." it sounds like a guy trying to whisper it to you.
(sounds really bad)
Dota worked great because it would only make narrative commentary after a few kills....
I.E quake style (killing spree...)

I have no problem that they take a whole new take on this. They dont need the guy from UT. Maybe they can go for something totally different.

But achieve a quad kill or something should defniatley give you something that is rare in audio. Thats why we try so hard to get multi kills!

They only need an audible scale from 1 kill to 5 i dont think making 5 sound clips that hard.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-19-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Everyone at Riot agrees, we are recording new Voiceovers right now.

LeonX

08-20-2009

Yes. That was one of the major problems for me too. Good to know that new audio will be done.

Eiyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-25-2009

Haha...Use the style that Killer Instinct used! like...like if you get a few kills in a row or you haven't died be like "Ultra-Ultra-ultra" you know...the Echo thing like they did....if you've ever played that. I think that would sound awesome...not really the SAME voices, but the same style.

Signas

08-26-2009

I think the voice act discouraged and unstresssed.
The DotA voice action is cool, with more emphasis.
Voices like killer Instinct will be good.

Lonesnipa

08-26-2009

New voice overs! Yes! Thank you! That owned REALLY does grind my gears.

Jozimitsu

09-06-2009

YES NEW VOICES PLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the UT guy, but something in that direction will be great!!