Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

READ ME - Patching Problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MachineAmongMen

Recruiter

02-10-2010

got to 51% and it stopped and told me there was an error. heres my log. please tell me i dont have to re-install again

The Founder

02-10-2010

02/10/2010 17:49 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.33] initializing...
02/10/2010 17:49 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall
02/10/2010 17:49 [INFO] Retrieving dynamic path[http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/LOL.Production.SourceURL.xml]
02/10/2010 17:49 [INFO] Retrieved dynamic path [http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/LOL.Production.SourceURL.xml][http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/]
02/10/2010 17:49 [INFO] Patcher_AddPackage([LOL.AirRuntime],[http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/],[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\]) successful
02/10/2010 17:49 [INFO] Attempt to retrieve package [http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/LOL.AirRuntime.package]
02/10/2010 17:49 [INFO] Version retrieved [LOL.AirRuntime] 2/2 [AirRuntime.01_15_2010_01]/[AirRuntime.01_15_2010_01] type [PACKAGE_TYPE_INCREMENTAL]
02/10/2010 17:49 [INFO] [LOL.AirRuntime] State change [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE] to [PATCHER_STATE_ALLTASKSCOMPLETE]

I cant patch, the loader gets stuck at 18/19, copying files until 80% then saying The launcher has experienced an error, please restart the application

The Founder

02-10-2010

Quick reinstall worked, also i set the window and save password values in the DATA/game file back to 0 from 1

Aluster

02-10-2010

I didn't bother to read anything but the front page but i realized the problem for me was that i had custom skins. changing back to the default game HeroPak_Client Fixed my problem. So for all you kids with custom skins Undo it for a bit until its patched then i believe after the patch you can put your skins back in.

Paabo

02-10-2010

I am having the "unable to connect" error. The launcher starts up, briefly says that it is downloading the patch, then immediately flashes the aforementioned message. I tried altering the xml file as per previous posts, but these endeavors proved fruitless. Also, it seems to me that Riot staff has abandoned this thread and all its weary inhabitants. Please help us, Riot- don't just ruin our fun then cut and bail.

Cathris

02-10-2010

It stops at 51% and tells me the same thing.

I haven't changed a single file (That I'm aware of) Just woke up, tried to play and it started.

Jesse Perring

Recruiter

02-10-2010

Unfortunately, reinstalling from the latest setup file is best advice I can give both of you.

Reinstalling guide (http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questions/12/Reinstall+League+of+Legends)

Paabo, in general, changing your patching files is going to cause problems. Changing those files makes you skip essential updates, allowing you to access the game temporarily, but ruining your chances of patching in the future.

Cathris, You're erroring on a map file. I have seen patching errors caused by other sources, but reinstalling is still the first step regardless of the cause. If you keep getting errors have reinstalling, using the guide, please let me know here or by emailing [email]support@riotgames.com[/email]

Cathris

02-10-2010

Re-downloading it now. We'll see when it installs how it goes

HauntedJade

02-10-2010

Ok, i've been reading everyones almost generic complaints, and I've viewed quite a few log files. If you'll tak the time to open your log file with a text editor, Notepad, WordPad, what ever...

Quote:

02/10/2010 14:04 [INFO] Expand [Game\Map1.zip] diff[1] from [LOL.Game_19_18to19]
02/10/2010 14:04 [INFO] Successfully expanded [Game\Map1.zip] 12750
02/10/2010 14:04 [INFO] Expand [Game\Map2.zip] diff[1] from [LOL.Game_19_18to19]
02/10/2010 14:04 [ERROR] Unable to verify source for expansion [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\Map2.zip]
02/10/2010 14:04 [INFO] Perform expansion [LOL.Game_19_18to19] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\LOL.Game_p\] to [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\] delete [0]
02/10/2010 14:04 [INFO] Expand [Game\DATA\Shaders\DX9_P1\SIMPLE_ENVIRONMENT\CREATE_GROUND_MOSAIC_FOUR_BLEND_VS.fxo] diff[1] from [LOL.Game_19_18to19]
02/10/2010 14:04 [INFO] Successfully expanded [Game\DATA\Shaders\DX9_P1\SIMPLE_ENVIRONMENT\CREATE_GROUND_MOSAIC_FOUR_BLEND_VS.fxo] 314
02/10/2010 14:04 [INFO] Expand [Game\game_version.txt] diff[1] from [LOL.Game_19_18to19]
02/10/2010 14:04 [INFO] Successfully expanded [Game\game_version.txt] 179

If you notice the line [ERROR], look at the file it's erroring on. for this example, Map2.zip has either been edited, or is corrupted. everyone is different, for me it was game.cfg. Simply replacing the file with another copy from someone else has prooven 99.9% the time to correct the issue. I have tested this therory against every file in the log.

Point: It only takes 5 minuts of investigation to problem solve and resolve issues on your own.

Note: anyone using custome skins or config edits by hand should reverse or retore stated file, if you wernt competent enoth to make a back-up before hand or log the edit(s) then by all means slow down the servers even further by re-downloading the game from scratch please...

(edit) Also wanted to point out to those who haven't edited or tampered with game files, try defragmenting and then patching, a common cause of corrupted or seemingly corrupted files is file fragmentation. especially for those who play games and surf the web heavily but do not run much maintenace on their machines.

nightguy13

02-10-2010

Stop posting ****ing REINSTALL GUIDES no **** it works... if it doesn't you fail... post how you can fix it for the people that have low internet speeds and for those people who do not have enough bandwidth a month to redownload it...reinstall guide is useless in this...

For those with custom skins, can someone upload the heropak so that solves one issue...

For people with launcher problems can someone upload their launcher xml... that solves another...

for the sake of god add a "repair" option

This is the first game I have ever seen that does not have a repair option for missing files...