New Free Champions (Week 11)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuyOfDoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingyeti View Post
how much does gragas cost?
Both Pantheon and Gragas cost 3150 IP, even though the Tier count image would place them both at 1350 or less.

Adalonus

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugnug View Post
i took gangplank to hes very good exept ulti is only good at the begginig of the game.
Not true at all. Its a great initiation to team fights, a great finisher, good at scattering enemies, great at trapping enemies and pushing them off turrents... its fantastic all game. It just cant really kill something by itself. Also you can stop a strong creep push from across the map if you need to. You're just not using it right if you say that.

Adalonus

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyOfDoom View Post
Either the Heroic/Epic/Legendary count in your image is off or you guys decided to change the prices of the two new heroes.
They don't want to drop 2 new heroes in the same week and if it was 1350 most people could just buy it. Too much confusion in the same week

Spectear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-02-2010

Once again going to suggest Sion or Nidalee or both in the week 11 rotation. Haven't had them free in months while other heroes have been free multiple times or back to back.

GuyOfDoom

Recruiter

02-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
They don't want to drop 2 new heroes in the same week and if it was 1350 most people could just buy it. Too much confusion in the same week
Except they did "drop" 2 new heroes in a week because both are available for purchase.

My main request here is basically "advertising" an incorrect price for not one, but TWO heroes.

D3ATHFREAK

02-03-2010

Great, Gankplank is free. I was going to bye him, but i bought shaco. now i regret it because im bad at shaco, but gankplank is one of my best heros.

EcoEco

02-03-2010

Gangplank is so good. Had my first game with him yesterday, did better than the Teemo I played like 40 games. Or Udyr (prebuff, prenerf) that I played like 30 games. Sad, lol. He's easier to use due to Parrrley + extra gold.

Always wanted to try/buy Shaco, =D. So happy its free, but I don't seem to be any good with it. Hehe

In a marketing/selling perspective, I would see Riot releasing Gragas as free and Pantheon as buyable because impatient people who cant wait till next week to test it out will buy it. People who haven't have a full rune set might not want to spend IP and spend RP instead. And if they spend RP, theres a really ****py deal with a skin attached, so I presume they are try to make people to buy the Bundle. Do note, Pantheon and Gragas is like 900 something RP for 3150 IP champion. The Bundle is a something like 1200-1400 RP I forgot. Draining your RP away since 6300 IP champion's RP price is 900 something RP. Just my thought.

Phrenzied

02-03-2010

Seriously Blitzcrank and Karthus on 1 week how the **** did that heppen I thought it was only 1 legendary a week. That is going to a beocth to go against

Phrenzied

02-03-2010

happen*

Frode Munksgaard

02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
Not true at all. Its a great initiation to team fights, a great finisher, good at scattering enemies, great at trapping enemies and pushing them off turrents... its fantastic all game. It just cant really kill something by itself. Also you can stop a strong creep push from across the map if you need to. You're just not using it right if you say that.
You shouldn't say that it can't kill people. I've been killed twice with almost full health, early game, with BOMBARDMENT!